• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
tumblr_mofwloktob1spc5nfo1_400.jpg

There is no way of accessing the bit below the cliff without swimming to it.

I forgot to take a picture of it landing on the edge and me being happy about it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so folks, the only possible way to become major and get a new town is to own another copy right? Because my sis grabbed the game before me and I want my damn own town

Fey

Banned
Mannn, should not have gotten this game so late in the evening. Couldn't pay 10k bells on Day 1, so I just did today and won't be getting my house until tomorrow! :[

btw, can I not visit other towns this early in the game? The list of available towns to visit that the monkey gives me when I choose faraway towns has no towns on it!

Annnnd, added my FC into the list, so add me, please! :D In the process of adding people ...

edit: o 435 people? FC = 257845448663 :)

Sendou

so folks, the only possible way to become major and get a new town is to own another copy right? Because my sis grabbed the game before me and I want my damn own town

That's right. Only one mayor a town and that gets to be player who decided the town's name and layout.

Linius

I read that you need to have (had) at least 50 sorts of clothing and 100 pieces of furniture for Cyrus to woke up. Is that true? Seems like such a lot to me since my stores only offer so little.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
That's right. Only one mayor a town and that gets to be player who decided the town's name and layout.

argh bummer. i was hoping i would be able to make a new one with a different 3DS. Damn clever, Nintendo. Now I'm deffo getting another copy :/

Valygar

I've added people next to me in the list. This is my first AC, I'm excited about the multiplayer. I got cherries for everyone.

Added:

grumpy, caffeinedreamer, Deacan, Stormwatch, yonashi, ZombiePlatypus,nmanma, Zero-Crescent, L_Invin, Mr. Robot, Zeouterlimits, HT UK ,DaxMedFlax, Dommel, K' Dash
Ill try to PM later.

Isaccard-incorrect code

My code, for anyone, just quote or pm. Just starting, I have cherries!

Pau

I finally managed to catch a weird shadow in the river. Was about to ask you guys about it because I couldn't manage to catch it, but it turned out to be a diving beetle.
First one though, so this one's going to the museum rather than to Nat's stomach.
Oh is that what that is? I see them in the pond but the net doesn't seem to have any effect. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :/

Does anyone else find themselves waking up earlier because of Animal Crossing? I've been waking up at noon the earliest for a year. Now I wake up at around 8 or 9. Animal Crossing fixed my sleep schedule. :O

Oxx

I like how your villager has just that kind of look on his face that says "I understand. I too have dark secrets.".

I'm pretty happy with my villager's face, but he manages to spoil every photograph with his gurning (much like the real me):

tumblr_mofx8d4u4c1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Westraid

Oh is that what that is? I see them in the pond but the net doesn't seem to have any effect. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :/

Does anyone else find themselves waking up earlier because of Animal Crossing? I've been waking up at noon the earliest for a year. Now I wake up at around 8 or 9. Animal Crossing fixed my sleep schedule. :O
Yeah, I was confused as well, both the net and the rod didn't seem to work. I eventually caught it, I think you only can if it's surfacing. Took me several minutes before I got it, I was nervous it might go away.

And yeah, I went to bed so late and woke up a few hours later for the bug off contest. -_-

I read that you need to have (had) at least 50 sorts of clothing and 100 pieces of furniture for Cyrus to woke up. Is that true? Seems like such a lot to me since my stores only offer so little.

No, should just take a week. I started at 1 am on release Sunday and he was awake today.

tumblr_modua0rHDO1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Just curious how you were able to get a zoomed-out view like that? Seems more distant than normal.

Press up on the control pad to see the sky above you! It also does it automatically if you stand still for a couple seconds. It's good for getting screenshots of tall buildings.

Plus, when there's a meteor shower you can look up into the sky and make a wish on a shooting star to get items.

Drenrim

Neo Member
Just got a birdwing butterfly worth 119:D first catch of the day! Time to go play animal crossing while waiting in line in best buy :D

GeekyDad

Press up on the control pad to see the sky above you! It also does it automatically if you stand still for a couple seconds. It's good for getting screenshots of tall buildings.

Plus, when there's a meteor shower you can look up into the sky and make a wish on a shooting star to get items.

Nah, I tried that to compare, but I still don't get as much onscreen real estate as you seem to have in that pic. Out of curiosity, are you playing on a 3DS XL? Wonder if perhaps it's optimized differently somehow.

Pachimari

I'm watching a video review now and it seems like the online part is lacking? That you can't leave messages to other people's town like you could in the Gamecube version. Or is the reviewer wrong?

It's this one on Youtube I have been watching.

Kenai

Rarity seems to matter, but not very much, same with shop value.

I sabotaged myself a bit with an early agrigas butterfly, then turned my rainbow stag in and it was worth squat in comparison.

Then I found a 120 point birdwing butterfly. My agrigas was 98 so I'm not sure how high it goes.

I got some bug wallpaper and a spider clock. Both are pretty cool.

Man, my Birdwing only got me like 70 points or something. I was already leading on 94 points with something else.

Quick question, do the coconuts need to be buried in the sand/beach area, or can they go wherever?

Nah, I tried that to compare, but I still don't get as much onscreen real estate as you seem to have in that pic. Out of curiosity, are you playing on a 3DS XL? Wonder if perhaps it's optimized differently somehow.

No, just a regular old 3DS.
Maybe it was an automatic thing because I was close to the house and it knew what size it was?

Quick question, do the coconuts need to be buried in the sand/beach area, or can they go wherever?

Only in sand!

Linius

Man, my Birdwing only got me like 70 points or something. I was already leading on 94 points with something else.

Bury them on the beach. I got my first set of coconuts destroyed because I didn't know :p

GeekyDad

No, just a regular old 3DS.
Maybe it was an automatic thing because I was close to the house and it knew what size it was?

Only in sand!

Ah, maybe that's it. My house isn't that large yet, so maybe it automatically adjusts. I just happened to notice that you have more space under your MC's feet and a little more to the sides of each of your characters.

Thanks

Got a Tiger Beetle for 85 points, hope it'll give me the win.

Was a tough choice between donating to the museum or the contest, but I figure I've got enough time to fill up the museum.

Chopper

Okay, so I'm in first place currently with a 71 point Agrias Butterfly.

In my house, I have a Birdwing, a Raja B Butterfly, a Horned Atlas, a Horned Elephant, a Goliath Beetle and a Cyclommatus Stag.

Has anyone got any idea what order I should submit them in order to capitalize on gifts from Leif? I've already come into first place twice, but the prizes he gave me are ass.

Mekere

I'm watching a video review now and it seems like the online part is lacking? That you can't leave messages to other people's town like you could in the Gamecube version. Or is the reviewer wrong?

It's this one on Youtube I have been watching.

I don't have time to see the review right now, but in the town I just visited, I send letters to everyone (animals + human) and let a message on the billboard. It seems good enough for me, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom