• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

I am getting swindled hardcore by Nat. I give him a Lantern Fly and a Raja Brooke Butterfly thinking that there's got to be some kind of base score for rarity, but LOL NOPE. The Lantern Fly didn't even score as much as some mantis I'd given him earlier in the day and the Raja B. was only worth 73 points. Is it even humanly possible to find something worth 80? I don't like that this "luster" stat is random; at least with size, I can refer to the encyclopedia to see if what I caught is near the record size.
I'd say that rarity impacts the scores quite a bit, actually, but so do the qualities of the insect.
My huge and awesomely colored tiger butterfly gave me a score lower than my mediocre Raja Brooke Butterfly that won me the contest.
But I agree that the second stat being impossible to predict is pretty annoying.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, now I have fishing rod, pears, oranges and cherrys in addition to my apples. First night onlining. Thanks lovely peeps

demon arm

Many thanks to the kind soul who left 20,000 bells at my front door in Walnut earlier today. Thanks to you, I was able to pay off my first loan tonight!

Oh, right. I forgot about that! Does anyone know the surefire way to catch the sharks...I am about 50/50.

Like others have said in the thread, sound is key. I can't catch them at all if I've got the sound off. Keep your thumb on A and as soon as you hear the sploosh, grab it.

Someone suggested closing your eyes and I found that helped me get my reflexes in line a bit. It was great advice.

A Present flew out of my range...
Does this game have Slingshots or something?

Yes, but not until later.
Most of the items in the presents are...sort of ugly.

If you want, sometimes the presents float over cliffs. When they descend a bit you can smack it with your net and pop the balloon. Shovel works, too.

Photodump from my first day in Hillys. I think it went pretty damn well.

zQZToeO.jpg

Q5aYLlS.jpg

gL7qnDs.jpg

TETUxOz.jpg

DG4Umo9.jpg

Q5AtMaO.jpg

LcZnXXJ.jpg

:D

MicH

Yes! I won the Bug-Off with my 107 point Birdwung butterfly. Second place was Annalise with 102 point Birdwing.

I like how everyone is saying the award ceremony was cancelled because I didn't show up. Clever.

Also when the fuck does Nat leave my town? I want to do my mayoral duties, damn it!

Zebra

I've been catching stuff allllll day and nothing has broken my 70 point barrier! Frustrating. All of the rare bugs I've caught seem to have lackluster coats and average sizes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
THANK CHRIST. Scored a 96 with some beetle. Right in time.

exfatal

argh damn dc hope nintendo fixes renn I still got ur axe i'll open up town after results of bug catcher in 1 min so u can pick it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom