• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Added. 2793 0762 0314

Is it possible to get flowers when you only have the basic shop?

Steal from other players' villages (kidding don't do this), steal from island tours and visit a more progressed village to access the garden shop.

OH NO!! Just as I was leaving I was asked to take the garbage but I was already talking to the monkey! I'm so sorry!!

IM COMING BACK

Got it all. Time to mail garbage to all my villagers.

Lkr, let me put some stuff away and get my island outfit (yes, I have an outfit specifically for going to the island, what of it?) and then i'll open my gate and stuff.

Fake edit: Same for you, Isaccard.

Sleepy

Just had Johnny and Jono over to Dormir. Thanks for the fun times, guys. I was worried about the connection while you guys were there and as soon as you left I got hit with one. SMH Would have been longer but the bars are calling.

Also, a simple pleasure of the game is taking people to the island for the first time. So cool.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I am getting swindled hardcore by Nat. I give him a Lantern Fly and a Raja Brooke Butterfly thinking that there's got to be some kind of base score for rarity, but LOL NOPE. The Lantern Fly didn't even score as much as some mantis I'd given him earlier in the day and the Raja B. was only worth 73 points. Is it even humanly possible to find something worth 80? I don't like that this "luster" stat is random; at least with size, I can refer to the encyclopedia to see if what I caught is near the record size.

Lkr

Lkr, let me put some stuff away and get my island outfit (yes, I have an outfit specifically for going to the island, what of it?) and then i'll open my gate and stuff.

Fake edit: Same for you, Isaccard.
I was just about to tell you that your gate wasn't open lol

cackhyena

Can someone tell me if my wife who is doing her thing in my town on the same 3DS can eventually go to the island? I have been able to go for the past couple days, but she doesn't have a boat waiting for her when she goes to the dock. I figured I would have to unlock and then she benefits, no?

Can you catch the bees that fall from trees? I pull my net out right away, and then they just sting me.

Run North immediately then actually open your inventory and equip your net. The bees don't move when the inv is open unlike if you use the D-Pad to select the net.
Once they appear at the bottom of the screen coming up at you swing and you should snag them.

Oxx

tumblr_mogd429YqA1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Yeah, Cesar and Bill can't compete.

But my joy was short-lived.

tumblr_mogd5sLiqm1rf96tno1_400.jpg

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Is there a limit of patterns you can have ? For example, could I design one, place it on the ground and then redesign that tile ?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Run North immediately then actually open your inventory and equip your net. The bees don't move when the inv is open unlike if you use the D-Pad to select the net.
Once they appear at the bottom of the screen coming up at you swing and you should snag them.

Thank you! Got me a bee

Can you catch the bees that fall from trees? I pull my net out right away, and then they just sting me.

A good tip is to immediately run north after the hive drops and bring up your inventory. The bees will not chase you when you're in the menu. Equip the net, exit the menu, wait for the bees to appear on your screen and then swing.

Edit: Damn, too late.

Sordid

Just had Johnny and Jono over to Dormir. Thanks for the fun times, guys. I was worried about the connection while you guys were there and as soon as you left I got hit with one. SMH Would have been longer but the bars are calling.

Also, a simple pleasure of the game is taking people to the island for the first time. So cool.

The island was cool, funky bugs everywhere. Thanks for having us (and for my first shark catch!)

I bought a megaphone in my Japanese friend's town and wow. I didn't think it would work as well as it does.
Just say any neighbor's name and they'll respond so you can follow their voice and find them.
If they are in their house it says "maybe they aren't nearby", though.

tumblr_mogdrwg9dF1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Edit: Oh my god it worked with Kapp'n just now. And Nat!

CraigVil

Neo Member
I bought a megaphone in my Japanese friend's town and wow. I didn't think it would work as well as it does.
Just say any neighbor's name and they'll respond so you can follow their voice and find them.
If they are in their house it says "maybe they aren't nearby", though.

tumblr_mogdrwg9dF1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Wow, that's awesome!

depths20XX

2nd place for Bug-Off, don't think I'm winning this... :(

Yeah I've given up. I got 95 points with a Raja B Butterfly and can't beat Twiggies 112 point Birdwing butterfly.

I've tried so many rare bugs but it seems like the only thing that will beat it is another Birdwing...lame

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This is bullshit. I caught a bee worth 90 points, but someone else already submitted something worth 90. So I'm in second, and I probably won't be able to beat it in time. :(

What do you win?

Hahaha, with 30 minutes to spare and still at work, I managed to sneak in a few minutes of AC to hand in an emperor butterfly worth 80 points.

I did handed in a beetle from the island (I forget which one) and got 110 points. Snagged two items and I'm gonna win this shit, I know it.

Down for some GAF fun later if there are any open towns.

This is bullshit. I caught a bee worth 90 points, but someone else already submitted something worth 90. So I'm in second, and I probably won't be able to beat it in time. :(

What do you win?

Every time you beat the record you get some furniture, often from the Insect series.
For getting first, second, or third place you get a Gold, Silver, or Bronze trophy.

EdgeXL

I am getting swindled hardcore by Nat. I give him a Lantern Fly and a Raja Brooke Butterfly thinking that there's got to be some kind of base score for rarity, but LOL NOPE. The Lantern Fly didn't even score as much as some mantis I'd given him earlier in the day and the Raja B. was only worth 73 points. Is it even humanly possible to find something worth 80? I don't like that this "luster" stat is random; at least with size, I can refer to the encyclopedia to see if what I caught is near the record size.

My agrias butterfly was 81.

Thats weird my Raja B was 102 points

fleck0

Best i could do in the time I have is a 106 point Birdwing butterfly. I swear if Freckles the Duck beats me I'm kicking him out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom