• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Was hoping to get my approval rating done today but it's stuck at 82% and none of my villagers seems to want me to do their menial tasks. oh well... got my first expansion paid for and a few more sharks could probably get me enough to pay off my current loan.

CraigVil

Neo Member
Was hoping to get my approval rating done today but it's stuck at 82% and none of my villagers seems to want me to do their menial tasks. oh well... got my first expansion paid for and a few more sharks could probably get me enough to pay off my current loan.

Don't forget to change the town tune, flag, water plants and send a few letters... that should get you closer to 100%

0430-8271-6563
Added! 2492-4189-0449

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, I ask this about a thousand times a day, but does anyone have an axe or slingshot they're willing to sell?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, smoked the competition. Would have looked silly if I got all dressed up only to get beaten in the last second.
tumblr_mogfw5cepN1svma2ho1_400.jpg

one_kill

Damn there's the character limit for your town's name is small. I wanted to call mine Losing Hours, but couldn't so I settled with Coeval.

Also got some cool neighbours right off the bat.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Does one need ninja reflexes for the sharks? I already got a hammerhead and a saw

I caught three sharks in five minutes yesterday, and they didn't seem any more skittish than the average fish.

My agrias butterfly was 81.

Ouch. I haven't even encountered one of those yet, so I assume it's very rare.

Thats weird my Raja B was 102 points

Seems like you might've had a lucky combo of large size + high attraction.

I'd say that rarity impacts the scores quite a bit, actually, but so do the qualities of the insect.
My huge and awesomely colored tiger butterfly gave me a score lower than my mediocre Raja Brooke Butterfly that won me the contest.
But I agree that the second stat being impossible to predict is pretty annoying.

I actually gave Nat a pondskater just to see what would happen and it appears that you're right; only 24 points. Apparently size and attraction just happen to really affect scores in ways that aren't quite clear, especially if you're low in one stat and high in another.

Hey guys, what happened to the stuck up personality trait? I had one or two back on the GCN and Wild World. You know, the stuck up animal that think's she's the bees knees? Has it been removed or I just don't have it?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Congratulations to all of the bug-off winners!

CraigVil

Neo Member
done it all :( that only got me to 75%, which I was stuck at forever until one of my villagers got fleas.

Only other things I could suggest is checking for weeds and fishing in the sea and see if there's any trash you fish out to recycle

Good luck!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Victory with the aforementioned 92-point Lantern Fly; 2nd place was only 49 points so apparently I had it wrapped up from the very first bug and lost 10k bells in rare bugs, rabble rabble. I suppose going for the 80-point bug was worth it for the firefly lamp.

Nat says this is going to happen again next month, so it looks like I'll need to start stockpiling rare insects. Yes, I'm just going to cheese future contests :(

Koren

I paid off Nook for my first loan. Now he wants over 90k for an addition? That bastard.
I heard that the "bastard" will ask you nearly 8 million bells for the house, when you include all extensions ^_^

That's not so much, I've done 250k just by fishing in probably ~6h. And perfect fruits gives you quite a large amount il you sell them in a different town than yours.

I just hope I'll be a bit lucky with turnips prices in the coming weeks, that'll help...

Linius

Any Euro Gaffer who likes to take me to his/her island? I would like to hunt some expensive bugs and sharks. But I don't have that much to trade for. I could bring my last pear though, the rest will grow back tomorrow :p

My FC = 2878 - 9809 - 6283.

DKl74DD.jpg

I'm a veteran and this game so far has felt like a breath of fresh air.

Lol, that is the Dutch singer 'Zanger Bob'. Is he meme now? :p

Foshy

Visited the island with a friend. Was really fun, we brought home a ton of exotic fruit and hawaii shirts.

What's really cool is that you can actually steal the fruit that appears during the contests, I got 36 mangos in one round of butterfly catching.

Is it just me or are bees harder to catch? Had a tactic in Wild World that isn't playing out too well here.

i think they're easier to catch now.

when i see a bee's nest drop, i run directly north for a few paces until the bees are off screen, then pause to equip the bug net. when you equip the net, your character will turn around and face due south, the direction the bees are coming from. press b to unpause and then immediately hold A to ready your net. then release it when the bees come in range.

Hit a rock and a ruby came out. Also found a "perfect" apple. No clue what to do with either. Do I just sell them?

the gems can be used to mod furniture later in the game, but for now i'd say just sell em. perfect fruit sell for more money, but you can also plant them to grow a tree that has 3 perfect fruit on it, though i hear it's fragile and can die when you shake it.

Hit a rock and a ruby came out. Also found a "perfect" apple. No clue what to do with either. Do I just sell them?

Keep the gem! You use them to customize furniture with Cyrus once he awakens about 1 week after starting the game.

The perfect fruit you can plant for a perfect fruit tree which grows and sprouts only perfect fruit for 4~7 harvests. It's worth 6x the regular amount of Bells so 600 Bells in your town.

Or go sell them in another town to get 3000 Bells.

Linius

Noooooo, first you plant them to create more. If you plant perfect fruit a tree will grow out of it that gives you more perfect fruit and as you might know perfect fruit is worth more. Perfect fruit trees dry up though so you have to keep planting them.

Foshy

Plant the perfect apple to grow a tree that drops, well, more perfect apples. They sell for 600 in your hometown and 3000 in other places, iirc. You can't plant perfect trees of foreign fruit, though.

As for the ruby, I think you can use it to customize your furniture later on.

I've had an oak silk moth hiding in my closet a week in advance in preparation for the Bug-Off.

Sometimes you gotta play dirty. Sorry, neighbors.

I find it really hard to explain to people why I'm having so much fun with this game.

I tell them it's about fishing and bug hunting and they look at me as if I'm mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom