• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you customize your pants? I don't see an option to do that.

Also, what's the best way to make bells? Someone mentioned the island, but what specifically should you do there?

Meier

Hey guys, I just visited the island on my fiancee's town.. what can I do about getting all of my stuff back? If I leave it in the basket, will it transfer over to my town? Or if I go back to my town and drop stuff off and then return, will items still be in the basket?

Thanks!

Found this online..

Additionally note that the basket persists with your character; if you leave items in the basket in a friend's world then return to your own world the items will be in the basket in your town waiting for you.

Woot!

Sendou

It seems that if you submit anything for the bug contest that you caught prior to the contest date, color and luster will always be (or have a very high probability) of being 'lacking'. I had a bunch of stuff from in my island box that I had forgotten about, so I found out the hard way.

Keep that in mind for future contests, fellow entomologists.

Makes sense actually! Some bastard citizen told me to start early my bug hunting. Oh well little good did her misleading do to her.

pulga

Banned
Hey guys, can I visit any of your towns to buy some tools and hang out a bit? Just downloaded the game 12 hours ago and there aint much to do in my town under these conditions lol.

Bankoiia

Wanted my well to look like it's hidden in the woods.
BM08_IACMAAUbrf.jpg:large

Combined with Majoras Mask it looks kinda eerie. I like it. :)

Roto13

It seems that if you submit anything for the bug contest that you caught prior to the contest date, color and luster will always be (or have a very high probability) of being 'lacking'. I had a bunch of stuff from in my island box that I had forgotten about, so I found out the hard way.

This isn't true. I submitted about 7 bugs I caught over the last several days (six beetles and a birdwing butterfly from like Monday) and none of them had "lacking" colour and lustre.

Mekere

Yay!

tumblr_mog1ihvyGW1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

And yay!

tumblr_mog9o2xgNs1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

I was stuck at 99% for ages, time was running short, all flowers were watered, had no task from my neighbors, went fishing for ages in order to find some waste to give to the recycle shop, nothing nothing nothing.

Then, I saw one of my villager with a flea. Caught it, and there we go! 100%! Thanks for the flea!

Yay!

tumblr_mog1ihvyGW1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

And yay!

tumblr_mog9o2xgNs1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

I was stuck at 99% for ages, time was running short, all flowers were watered, had no task from my neighbors, went fishing for ages in order to find some waste to give to the recycle shop, nothing nothing nothing.

Then, I saw one of my villager with a flea. Caught it, and there we go! 100%! Thanks for the flea!

Hahaha that's awesome. I didn't know good deeds like that contributed. Also, grats on gold... I got bronze because I couldn't come back to get a better bug.

Can you customize your pants? I don't see an option to do that.

Also, what's the best way to make bells? Someone mentioned the island, but what specifically should you do there?

You cannot make custom pants. Shit sucks because a lot of outfits I had in mind also require matching pants. And as for your other question, fishing is how you make the most money off the island. Lots of sharks and other rare fishes appear at the island. Catch a bunch, go home, sell them at Re-Tail and you can easily clear 100,000 bells in one go. If you're patient, you can even get more than that.

Mendoza

This isn't true. I submitted about 7 bugs I caught over the last several days (six beetles and a birdwing butterfly from like Monday) and none of them had "lacking" colour and lustre.

Disregard then. I must have had terrible luck... That Goliath Beetle and Oak Silk Moth were lousy after all. :(

Also, I forgot how this works. Do I have to go to the bug contest tent right at 6 to get medals, or do I have all day? I have work tonight.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, can I visit any of your towns to buy some tools and hang out a bit? Just downloaded the game 12 hours ago and there aint much to do in my town under these conditions lol.

Sure. I have a net and shovel at my store. 3866-9165-4303

and if you happen to have cherries can you bring some?

You cannot make custom pants. Shit sucks because a lot of outfits I had in mind also require matching pants. And as for your other question, fishing is how you make the most money off the island. Lots of sharks and other rare fishes appear at the island. Catch a bunch, go home, sell them at Re-Tail and you can easily clear 100,000 bells in one go. If you're patient, you can even get more than that.

Awesome. Thanks. I want to pay off the rest of my house loan today.

pulga

Banned
Sure. I have a net and shovel at my store. 3866-9165-4303

and if you happen to have cherries can you bring some?

Added. I already have those, though! Will stop by anyways, with cherries in tow!

Fc: 2191 7676 2318. Shoot me a pm when youre open!

My half-baked attempt at gardening. I think I'll put more effort into it tomorrow and the coming days. A Human Becoming had a really nice garden pattern going.

tumblr_mogamyfiWf1sr5pp4o1_400.jpg

I'm hanging on the island with two Gaffers but I don't know your screen names! I'm Garrett, we just did a balloon tour.

Also typing in this game is a nightmare sheesh

Marvie_3

Banned

Same here. Was gonna do a ton of NHL uniforms, but all I can do is the jersey part.

Meier

We haven't been able to get a watering can in either of our towns.. just the same fishing rod and shovel every day since I got a bug net. :(

We haven't been able to get a watering can in either of our towns.. just the same fishing rod and shovel every day since I got a bug net. :(

Watering cans and axes are sold in the gardening store. You've got to do a bunch of flower watering, weed pulling, and tree planting for it to open.

Edit: Oh, yes, if you're in the tutorial section you can get it from Isabelle.

Dextl

Neo Member
G0d1Ql6.jpg

Spent more than an hour creating Chase McCain's shirt earlier.
Now if only Able's would sell some trousers, I'd be sorted...

Liberty4all

Banned
Keep coming back to this thread and you might eventually have the desire to play it yourself. At its core it's the same as the original, except with a hell of a lot more content, including online multiplayer.

I've been trying to decide between vita or 3ds ... Been looking at the 3ds bundle

Lkr

I can't get a high enough scoring bug :(
I got my house this morning but didn't get a visit in regards to the island. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom