• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

tumblr_mogxw2sjge1svf3yto1_400.jpg

May have been a tad... overkill...

Also, for those wanting an open store, 5155 - 2983 - 3034. Quote and exchange and I'll let you in.

added you

ramyeon

is anyone in a timezone where re-tail is still open? I want to sell off some sharks and beetles so i can roll around in my bells, i can bring mangos, durian, apples

fc: 3239-2769-8151
I can open my gate now, it's only 2:30pm here. Don't have much to offer though since my village has been stripped pretty much :(

Edit: Late haha you're welcome over any time though, since we're probably in opposite timezones.

Just don't talk to her. I hear being mean like hitting them with nets will drive them away, but now I'm picturing her packing her boxes while crying because of the mean bully who won't leave her alone.
Yesss
Seems like the best way is to just ignore them completely and they will eventually move out (in a few weeks)?

If they try to speak to you after you've been ignoring them for awhile, it might be them telling you that they are thinking about moving out (I think you can say yes/no at this point).
Weeks? The glorious Hive must suffer her blight for weeks?

Salsa

holy shit I just realized the random gift my new japanese friend from the island gave me is actually the exclusive japanese 7-eleven branded item that you get when you use wi-fi on a 7-eleven in Japan.

tumblr_mogybv22l11sv134do1_400.jpg

you can't even buy it from the catalogue

too bad it sucks, but hey! the promotion is gonna end eventually so it's sort of a limited item too.

hooray rare stuff

Qassim

The secretary keeps telling me to go pick some weeds to improve my approval rating, but I can't find any. I had already picked every one I could find.

I'm on 78% approval, struggling to get it up in any meaningful way :(

Kevitivity

Left my city gates open while I drove over to the parents for a BBQ this afternoon. When I came home this evening I had a large assortment of fruits waiting for me, and a few nice notes on the board. Animal Crossing players are the best.

DeadNames

Banned
Language barrier while going international sucks.

Makes you want to study more.

It's kind of cool though you know? Like somewhere another human being is talking to you, completely unaware of what language you know. There is almost nothing in common with you, except your love of the game. You can communicate through simple gestures. It is pure human experience.

Pretty deep stuff.

Edit: How do I upload screenshots?

Ozone

The secretary keeps telling me to go pick some weeds to improve my approval rating, but I can't find any. I had already picked every one I could find.

Doing deeds for people and recycling trash from the river/ocean will raise your percentage.

Hello everybody.

Does anyone have an axe available? I'm trying to make a village-wide road, got to clear out the trees obstructing the path.

My 3DS code: 0044 - 3867 - 2933

OMG thank you for reminding me! Luckily the Best Buy in Burbank has a Nintendo Zone in it so I can get all the toys. ALL OF THEM.

I honestly lol'd when you came back and took my trash, I was only kidding.
Hahaha I was like "SHIT! I took a bunch of items and all he's asking in return is for me to take his trash! Gotta go back!" I ran and got my wall charger so my battery wouldn't die while I picked it all up and I sent trash-filled mail to all of my villagers, huahahaha! Maybe they'll mail me back with presents tomorrow? Worth it!

I just saw a gif of the whole gold set for the first time and holy shit

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9m3qfGgFc1rswueuo2_250.gif

not in IMG tags in case anyone doesnt want it "spoiled" I guess
OH MY GOD

So my boyfriend chopped most of my coconut trees down on the island thinking it would just reset when we left. Should I make him plant all new trees or will the stumps grow back?
You should dump him is what you should do. :p

Can someone explain this turnip thing to me? I get that it's like stock trading and that it's best to buy low and sell high but where do you even buy them? When I ask at Re-Tail about them it only says the price, I can't seem to buy them from her.

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna chop down a grip of trees and plant my fruit orchard. I just hope some jackass doesn't move into my town while they're all saplings and build a house over them.

Can someone explain this turnip thing to me? I get that it's like stock trading and that it's best to buy low and sell high but where do you even buy them? When I ask at Re-Tail about them it only says the price, I can't seem to buy them from her.

Sow Joan comes by every Sunday to sell turnips. Buy in bulk from her, then scout around during the week for the best price to sell.

Velcro Fly

I can't wait to turn my town into one giant, fruit bearing forest. I love planting and keeping trees going. I love having a lot of trees in my town and I'll be doing it again.

Randomly looking around my town and I find a perfect peach! Cool! Need to buy me a shovel tomorrow maybe and plant that bad boy!

Loving this game already.

It's kind of cool though you know? Like somewhere another human being is talking to you, completely unaware of what language you know. There is almost nothing in common with you, except your love of the game. You can communicate through simple gestures. It is pure human experience.

Pretty deep stuff.

Edit: How do I upload screenshots?

Exactly. Makes the game so much more interesting though and when you do get through to them, the feeing is amazing.

On the screenshot stuff, I think some of us go to i.nintendo.net from 3DS browser, but I couldn't get that to work.

So instead I just put my SD card into my laptop and upload it from there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Mail everyone a gift-wrapped piece of furniture, change the town tune, change the flag. I went from 28% to 100% in the course of a few hours.

Gurrry

Just started the game...

The secretary is telling me to get a shovel but all the shops are closed. How do I change it so my shops stay open later? (its midnight where I am. am i gonna have to just change my 3ds clock?)

Elija2

I remember that 1,000,000-bell crown that people were posting about before.

Just one week into the game and I can actually afford it. Dat island.

Cbajd5

Now that I think about it, a really great way to multiply my money super quick would to use most of it tomorrow to buy Turnips and then it's pretty much guaranteed someone here will have them prices in their town for a couple times as much this week, right?

Because I have about a million something bells right now...

Qassim

Mail everyone a gift-wrapped piece of furniture, change the town tune, change the flag. I went from 28% to 100% in the course of a few hours.

Heh, just as it hit 6am and the usual "Time to rise and shine" message came, I went and checked and I'm up to 93% (after being greeted by the old mayor who lets you know about the island). The advice now is just to talk to everyone, and given how there is a new house in the town now, I suspect talking to them will get me pretty close.

Edit: Up to 96% now that I've changed the town's tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom