• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrom

Quick question, I'm going digital. The eShop says it'll be available at midnight. Is that Pacific time? So 3 am eastern? I got a flight at 7 am on the day it's released, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to wake up and download it before I head to the airport.

In my experience with downloading retail games at midnight, midnight actually refers to Eastern. I don't believe they actually make people in other time zones wait until midnight in their own, but I might be wrong.

Kouriozan

Depends... Amazon aren't necessarily very... good. Monday, I'd say.

I'm lucky, Amazon.fr usually ship the game the Tuesday (Nintendo release in Europe are always the Friday).
So if you're extremely lucky you're getting the game day -2, but I seems to always get it day -1.

zroid

Banned
You think that's bad, some jerk from another forum I go to changed the date on his 3DS to the furthest time and date that it can go and then sent a Swapnote set to open 7 days after that. But since the clock can only go up to that day, the note will never open. Pissed me off when I found out. Fuck that one person in particular.

Wow. That is seriously bad. You can delete the note though, right?

Animekatt

I agree it's the perfect game to have available at all times but there's no excuse for the price inflation that digital distribution unjustly demands. If anything it should be cheaper. Even if it were the same price though I'd buy it digitally but it isn't so I've gone physical.

I love to have the freedom to sell games if I want by having the physical. But mostly I love to look at the cases now and then. Hopefully the "manual" will actually be a book, and not a pamphlet, or a sheet telling you how to look up the digital manual like in DKCR:3D.
It's so going to be a sheet of paper... :(

Gryph

I bought myself Art Academy today ! Dont want to be embarassed if i see some of the Swapnotes :D Expect some great drawings in the near future :))

Hahahaha! I did the exact same thing when I got my 3DS...

If nothing else it at least helps you get used to drawing with that awkward stylus.

darklin0

Banned
Oooh my goood the snow versions of 11 pm and 1 am..
No! I must resist, I want the snow versions to be a surpise. T-T

8 am is nice, sounds very classic AC.
Quick question, I'm going digital. The eShop says it'll be available at midnight. Is that Pacific time? So 3 am eastern? I got a flight at 7 am on the day it's released, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to wake up and download it before I head to the airport.

I've added a few of you guys from the last thread, but I still have plenty of space on my friends list. My FC is 1418-7999-1321 if you'd like to add me. Be sure to send me a PM if you do and I'll add you back.

Looking forward to playing this with CrossingGAF. And checking out the OT once work starts to slow down.

Added yah, here is my FC: 5327 1267 3124

That is quite frankly the most horrible thing I've heard. I'm assuming you cannot delete a Swapnote until after it has been unlocked? Meaning you're stuck with it forever...
Nah, you can delete any Swapnote. Did so a long time ago. But it was on there for the longest time before I figured it out. Pissed me off.

It's okay, it was probably just a drawing of dickbutt.
That would be hilarious, but i'll never know.

Yikes... the lengths some people will go to mess up a fun thing.

Jeez. It's actually cool that could happen but yeah, I wouldn't want a locked swapnote to sit there for all eternity just taunting me.
Ikr?

I'm lucky, Amazon.fr usually ship the game the Tuesday (Nintendo release in Europe are always the Friday).
So if you're extremely lucky you're getting the game day -2, but I seems to always get it day -1.

Amazon UK ship games the day before release date. I've never used them for a release date game since. Luckily with the digital version I won't have to, I hate waiting for post, Royal Mail are beyond useless.

SuperSah

Banned
I'll be eligible for the free MH code too! Giving it to my brother.

NoE is fantastic. Free AC and another MH3U worth £80 for nothing!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I love to have the freedom to sell games if I want by having the physical. But mostly I love to look at the cases now and then. Hopefully the "manual" will actually be a book, and not a pamphlet, or a sheet telling you how to look up the digital manual like in DKCR:3D.
It's so going to be a sheet of paper... :(
Manuals for 3DS games have been quick start guides since the beginning. Don't count on anything more than that for Animal Crossing.

If you're lucky you may have a nice inside cover.

Animekatt

Manuals for 3DS games have been quick start guides since the beginning. Don't count on anything more than that for Animal Crossing.

If you're lucky you may have a nice inside cover.

That's a good point. I think I'm mixing up games like Zero Escape and Tales of the Abyss, which have full on manuals.

OneLetter

I totally missed the OT when it got posted yesterday, but glad it's here and we have a space to talk about the game again.

6 more days! :D

SodaBeam

Neo Member
I can't wait to get a Poptart* 3DS with New Leaf pre-installed, transfer all my old data to it, then download the whole game again! :D

* I use this term, but I don't even know what it means. Is it some kind of snack from the US?

SmithnCo

DKCR3D was over 17,000 blocks and I think that was an hour for me, so the DL speeds are pretty decent. Especially if AC is only going to be 6,000.

Drago

I can't wait to get a Poptart* 3DS with New Leaf pre-installed, transfer all my old data to it, then download the whole game again! :D

* I use this term, but I don't even know what it means. Is it some kind of snack from the US?

strawberry-poptart.png

So if anyone has seen the Animal Crossing movie, this further reinforces my small hype of getting to know villagers and their backgrounds.

...I did not realize Sable and Mabel were both sisters all this time.

Edit: For clarification, I tend not to read wikias to avoid uh...spoilery stuff or whatever.

zroid

Banned
That's a good point. I think I'm mixing up games like Zero Escape and Tales of the Abyss, which have full on manuals.

It's only Nintendo specifically who has gone the pamphlet route for 3DS. I think pretty much all of their games didn't get proper physical manuals. Well, since Ocarina 3D, anyway.

Aggrotek

So if anyone has seen the Animal Crossing movie, this further reinforces my small hype of getting to know villagers and their backgrounds.

Edit: For clarification, I tend not to read wikias to avoid uh...spoilery stuff or whatever.

I wanna see this. Where can I find it?

OneLetter

The best discovery I've made is that AC:NL comes pre-installed on the poptart, so I can just turn it on, port my data over, and start playing right away. No waiting to download how ever many gigglebytes it'll end up being.

GAMERG0D

Their store is called Able Sisters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom