• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Tanabata?
100px-Bamboo_Grass.png

http://animalcrossing.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tanabata
I wanna get this tree/bamboo lol.
Write wishes on a slip of paper and hang it off a bit of bamboo

Anyone can lock a note once they've unlocked the feature. Most people don't do it because it is piss annoying.
Yep lol, especially how it doesn't show the date but a clock timer XD
You'd be amazed to know that there's people who didn't read the OT.

Lol very true XD

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If you lock a Swapnote like a clever dick you're "locked" out of my town. Haha just kidding.

I'm not kidding.

It's a cute way to celebrate the release of the game on Sunday. It's like SwapNote Christmas! :)

Why is there an embargo when this game is already out in 2 other territories?

The embargoes are part of the deal for getting games early. Basically, it's so companies (in this case, Nintendo) can get free publicity. They don't want reviews out too early because it can ruin some level of hype if someone sees a review for a game they want, but it won't be out for almost a month.

They also do it to defend themselves against "lol gaming journalism." Otherwise these review sites, who are all desperate for clicks, will release their review as early as possible to try and trump other review sites (first out the gate is likely to get the most views) but this could be a detriment to the game image. Imagine someone reviewing AC:NL after just 1 day. They'll miss out on tons of content (holidays, visiting other towns, various house/town upgrades, etc) meaning the review will be very skewed, and your customers wouldn't get a very good picture just so that some review sites could get more money.

Robin64

I have a small request, folks.

If you have an Animal Crossing New Leaf cart not native to your region, could you please let us know in the Comments part of the form. For example, if you're in Europe and have a US or Japanese cart.

The time zones are a good indicator generally, but this exception is a small spanner in the works.

And as you know, there are exclusive events and items to each region, so it will be useful to know if someone has the Japanese copy in Europe (for example) so we can all come over for the special items. :D

If you have an Animal Crossing New Leaf cart not native to your region, could you please let us know in the Comments part of the form. For example, if you're in Europe and have a US or Japanese cart.

The time zones are a good indicator generally, but this exception is a small spanner in the works.

And as you know, there are exclusive events and items to each region, so it will be useful to know if someone has the Japanese copy in Europe (for example) so we can all come over for the special items. :D

I'm in Australia and have a US console/copy of New Leaf (will have). Can you please update my submission thanks? :)

When my wife tells me she thinks I'm too hyped for New Leaf I laugh it off. But when I log in to Amazon and see this I start to get worried:

iToabLB.png

beta_fuse

The hype is killing me so I changed my avatar to the coolest neighbor around. Also I'm going to add myself to the spreadsheet tonight but I'm worried no one will add me back cause there are so many people already.

darklin0

Banned
The hype is killing me so I changed my avatar to the coolest neighbor around. Also I'm going to add myself to the spreadsheet tonight but I'm worried no one will add me back cause there are so many people already.
Just add people and PM then that you added them, best way of getting mass adds.
They're not hard to re-earn.
Isn't there a daily limit on spending in New Leaf anyway? Or can you buy as many cookies as you like?

I think the daily limit is 1 for 2 coins.

Shoogoo

I've added a few persons, all of them were PM'ed.

If I didn't add you, please do so;

5069-3907-0742

Drop me a pm so I can add you back :)

beta_fuse

Just add people and PM then that you added them, best way of getting mass adds.

I think the daily limit is 1 for 2 coins.

Will do!

Also I'm curious, how many of you are planning on downloading at midnight so you can start playing ASAP? I'm tempted to do that but I'm really going to regret not getting the physical copy even though that means I need to wait until 10 A.M.

Just to confirm, locked Swapnotes are more than likely from friends as opposed to Nintendo? I received one several hours ago and I just want to know if I got excited for nothing. I thought I was special.

Also I'm curious, how many of you are planning on downloading at midnight so you can start playing ASAP? I'm tempted to do that but I'm really going to regret not getting the physical copy even though that means I need to wait until 10 A.M.

It really depends on what I'm doing on the Friday night. What's a pleasant way of saying I can't see my girlfriend because I'm waiting to download a game where I catch fish and talk to anthropomorphic animals...? Maybe she'll be working that night ;_;

Just to confirm, locked Swapnotes are more than likely from friends as opposed to Nintendo? I received one several hours ago and I just want to know if I got excited for nothing. I thought I was special.

I can't remember ever getting a locked note from Nintendo. Maybe before E3, and maybe an initial one from whatsherface Swapnote Lady, but yeah.

darklin0

Banned
Will do!

I am getting mine digitally. Not enough room for Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing in the same card slot.

MicH

That would be consistent with shop operations in past entries—buy once, wait for daily restock. Hoping that's the same for fertilizer too, or flower-growing might be too easy :)
Beautiful town ordinance + mulch = hybrids everywhere

I can't remember ever getting a locked note from Nintendo. Maybe before E3, and maybe an initial one from whatsherface Swapnote Lady, but yeah.

I believe Nintendo did one for Valentines Day as well XD

The Play Coin to New Puzzle Piece ratio is insanely high anyway, so I'm just saving them for delicious Nintendo-themed goodies.

Last AC Puzzle for all blue pieces I went from 300 coins to 150 XD

zigg

Beautiful town ordinance + mulch = hybrids everywhere
I'm not going to (initially) do BT because I can water and weed myself just fine thanks. :)

But I'm unclear about the impact of watering healthy flowers. Claims are being made that this may increase your hybrid chances in New Leaf, but such a thing was proven to be false in Wild World by hardcore AXA research. So I don't know how much impact BT could have in that respect.

zigg

I started listening to that music for a bit but bailed. I will get plenty of listening time in come next week.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Resetti's job relies on government grants and could disappear at any given moment? I'll never rest a game ever again.

B00TE

I started listening to that music for a bit but bailed. I will get plenty of listening time in come next week.

I couldn't stop myself. At first it was small snippets I'd allow myself but then I just started to leave it on. I regret nothing!

I waste more coins by hitting 300 and forgetting to spend them.

This. I've been sitting at 300 for months... I should buy some puzzle peices, but then I get depressed because I have no one to trade with (street pass is dead here, even in busy places like the mall) so instead they sit there... unused.

I look forward to dropping them all into AC.

beta_fuse

Yeah I listened to one song and bailed too. Figured I held off this long, might as well wait another week.

That one song was awesome though so it isn't making the wait any easier.

I'm in America and have a Japanese version of Animal Crossing. I can't read Japanese so I haven't been playing it too much, but what kind of Japan exclusive items should I be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom