• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in America and have a Japanese version of Animal Crossing. I can't read Japanese so I haven't been playing it too much, but what kind of Japan exclusive items should I be looking for.

OGkwMDo.jpg

Anyone else not like locked swapnotes? They're just sitting there and I know they're just going to say "New Leaf is out today! Weeee!"

ಠ_ಠ ...

Animekatt

Anyone else not like locked swapnotes? They're just sitting there and I know they're just going to say "New Leaf is out today! Weeee!"

ಠ_ಠ ...

I was thinking of making a locked note myself, but nah, there's already four of em. Pretty sure they're about what you say too.

darklin0

Banned
I never made it past 11 o clock as i have to go to work / university pretty early :(
Is there a way to hear the track outside the chrome extenstion ?
Yup, here is the youtube playlist of the songs the chrome extension uses.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIp-AJdIshqzVmVnYbCrmxDQJmzi6RrC

ಠ_ಠ ...
I have none, I am safe!
Listening atm, yup, so gooood.
The 5 am song is the perfect, "I have been up way too long" track.

Robin64

I'm in America and have a Japanese version of Animal Crossing. I can't read Japanese so I haven't been playing it too much, but what kind of Japan exclusive items should I be looking for.

There's an event coming up on July 7th for people with the Japanese game. Tanabata. You can get a bamboo tree with cards hanging from it, befitting of the tradition of Tanabata.

(Watch Haruhi!)

Kenai

Thx to everyone who PM'd me, you're all added. I was also quite happy to see a large proportion of you with Fire Emblem!

My timezone is -4 for anyone still interested in adding me. 3523-2059-4138

Robin64

Or any other anime that has ever aired during the summer since every one that's not a mecha shounen series will have an episode dedicated to it.

Is it even that big of an event? The characters in Haruhi all seemed to not really care about it, aside from Haruhi herself and she's just odd anyway.

Animekatt

There's an event coming up on July 7th for people with the Japanese game. Tanabata. You can get a bamboo tree with cards hanging from it, befitting of the tradition of Tanabata.

(Watch Haruhi!)

I know Pescado is on my FL, so I will be bugging him to give me all of the japanese items. This bamboo tree will be perfect for my town. :D

Is it even that big of an event? The characters in Haruhi all seemed to not really care about it, aside from Haruhi herself and she's just odd anyway.

I don't think in general it is, it's very much a young kid/teenager event as far as I'm aware (as in general most "wish upon a star" type things are). Anime uses it as a plot device in comedy and romantic series all the time. It's a really strong trope at the very least.

Theandrin

Sunday can't come fast enough! I know a lot of people are against Nintendo's digital downloads, but this is the perfect game to have sitting there in the 3DS all the time.

nin1000

Banned
I bought myself Art Academy today ! Dont want to be embarassed if i see some of the Swapnotes :D Expect some great drawings in the near future :))

To those who have pre-ordered with Amazon before, if I have selected the fastest shipping option and the game releases on a Sun, will it ship before on the Fri? Or Mon?

ಠ_ಠ ...

You think that's bad, some jerk from another forum I go to changed the date on his 3DS to the furthest time and date that it can go and then sent a Swapnote set to open 7 days after that. But since the clock can only go up to that day, the note will never open. Pissed me off when I found out. Fuck that one person in particular.

You think that's bad, some jerk from another forum I go to changed the date on his 3DS to the furthest time and date that it can go and then sent a Swapnote set to open 7 days after that. But since the clock can only go up to that day, the note will never open. Pissed me off when I found out. Fuck that one person in particular.

That is quite frankly the most horrible thing I've heard. I'm assuming you cannot delete a Swapnote until after it has been unlocked? Meaning you're stuck with it forever...

Stoof

Oooh my goood the snow versions of 11 pm and 1 am..

It's okay, it was probably just a drawing of dickbutt.

Quick question, I'm going digital. The eShop says it'll be available at midnight. Is that Pacific time? So 3 am eastern? I got a flight at 7 am on the day it's released, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to wake up and download it before I head to the airport.

I've added a few of you guys from the last thread, but I still have plenty of space on my friends list. My FC is 1418-7999-1321 if you'd like to add me. Be sure to send me a PM if you do and I'll add you back.

Looking forward to playing this with CrossingGAF. And checking out the OT once work starts to slow down.

Animekatt

Yikes... the lengths some people will go to mess up a fun thing.

twist: the locked note was sent by spindashing!
From his future self!
I hate you guys. :(

Jeez. It's actually cool that could happen but yeah, I wouldn't want a locked swapnote to sit there for all eternity just taunting me.

Depends... Amazon aren't necessarily very... good. Monday, I'd say.

Thanks. So based on the time difference, it'll ship on Tuesday Australian time. Hopefully it'll arrive by Friday, otherwise I won't have it until Monday week. That might actually be enough to make me cancel the pre-order and buy two copies digitally.

Sunday can't come fast enough! I know a lot of people are against Nintendo's digital downloads, but this is the perfect game to have sitting there in the 3DS all the time.

I agree it's the perfect game to have available at all times but there's no excuse for the price inflation that digital distribution unjustly demands. If anything it should be cheaper. Even if it were the same price though I'd buy it digitally but it isn't so I've gone physical.

Stoof

Quick question, I'm going digital. The eShop says it'll be available at midnight. Is that Pacific time? So 3 am eastern? I got a flight at 7 am on the day it's released, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to wake up and download it before I head to the airport.

I've added a few of you guys from the last thread, but I still have plenty of space on my friends list. My FC is 1418-7999-1321 if you'd like to add me. Be sure to send me a PM if you do and I'll add you back.

Looking forward to playing this with CrossingGAF. And checking out the OT once work starts to slow down.

I think it might be midnight eastern time. I remember downloading LM2 at 12:30am central but I was looking at the thread and I think I saw some people had been downloading it for an hour before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom