• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexxan

Does anyone have a good 3DS XL case that they could recommend? Currently keeping both my DSi XL and 3DS XL in the soft case thingy they came in but I think at least the 3DS deserves something better.

Skelter

Banned
Does anyone have a good 3DS XL case that they could recommend? Currently keeping both my DSi XL and 3DS XL in the soft case thingy they came in but I think at least the 3DS deserves something better.

[ use this one. So far not a scratch.

410AV1H8WUL._SX342_.jpg

Pangya

So I called a bunch of mom and pop game stores in southern California, and it looks like they all will be selling the game on Thursday and Friday. I planned on getting the game through the eshop, but now I'm rethinking it...

SuperSah

Banned
I'd also recommend cleaning your pad with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol (or soap and water) once in a while. The pads (similar to the 360/ps3 thumb sticks) can hold onto and build up some oily residue after a while. It's a good habit to clean them once in a while and remove the natural oil/sweat buildup.

Also, don't use a ton of talc, just a little bit goes a long way.

What else can I use instead of rubbing alcohol?

SuperSah

Banned
Soap and water, or if you have some lemon juice, that'll clean off just about anything (just a bit on a q-tip)

Just popped some kitchen soap on a q-tip and a bit of water then made sure it wasn't dripping.

Wow, the grip is back to normal! Not sure why, or how, but I seem to have regained my grip on my Circle Pad..

OneLetter

Just popped some kitchen soap on a q-tip and a bit of water then made sure it wasn't dripping.

Wow, the grip is back to normal! Not sure why, or how, but I seem to have regained my grip on my Circle Pad..

Hooray! Pretty much anything that breaks down oil will work.

A small layer of oil could easily have coated it and thus ruined the grip. Important thing is it's better ;)

1upmuffin

Like someone said earlier, your hand oils and sweat slowly accumulated on the pad and made it harder to grip.

Also, I hope my town doesn't have Bluebear in it again, he was in my Gamecube town and the DS town I played very briefly and I dislike him.

Kouriozan

Like someone said earlier, your hand oils and sweat slowly accumulated on the pad and made it harder to grip.

Also, I hope my town doesn't have Bluebear in it again, he was in my Gamecube town and the DS town I played very briefly and I dislike him.
He'll be back, you know it....

XaosWolf

But look at that face! =D
200px-Bluebear.png

Wow, Bluebear's Japanese name is "Gurumin"? Really need to go and actually play that.

Labrys

But look at that face! =D
200px-Bluebear.png

Wow, Bluebear's Japanese name is "Gurumin"? Really need to go and actually play that.

Japanese named tend to be pretty odd. Kody is "Idaho", for example.

Also, I just learned that there are "cubs" and "bears" in the game? Curt is a bear, Bluebear is a cub. Huh.

XaosWolf

Also, I just learned that there are "cubs" and "bears" in the game? Curt is a bear, Bluebear is a cub. Huh.

Yeah, first time I've heard that too. Are some of the canines "Pups" then?

Oh and Gurumin is a pretty sweet game, by the way.

DAhbU2T.png

Quick FAQ
To further induce hype, I'll be running an AC: City Folk stream every day until release. You can watch, mellow out to the music, join in the chat, or if you have a copy of the game (NA or EU regions work) you can register my friend code and hang out on the stream.

Also, June 8th (New Leaf's eve, I'm calling it!) I'll be doing an extra long stream starting at 9pm EST (6PM EST, 1am GMT) where I'll be giving away games live on the stream. But come midnight I'm dropping everything to download NL <_<.

Q: Where can I watch the stream?
A: http://www.twitch.tv/marriedtoletsplay

Q: What times will the stream be on?
A: 5pm EST (that's 2pm PST or 9pm GMT)

Q: Are you playing on an emulator or...?
A: A real wii using an Avermedia digital capture card and xsplit to stream gameplay

Q: What's your friend code?
A: 0992-2728-6006. If you want to join my town, just put your AC:CF friend code into stream chat.

Q: What if I want to chat?
A: Just click on the stream link and create a user name for twitch if you don't already have one.

Q: Will you stream New Leaf?
A: I would love to, but I lack the proper hardware to capture 3DS video and unfortunately it's fairly cost prohibitive for a free web series like ours (approx $400 before shipping). We will look into acquiring it down the road, but for now we're limited to streaming from console based games.

SmithnCo

Holy crap. I never realized this. Weird they don't do it for every animal type.

Brick

Alright, folks. Let me get your opinion. Pick up a 3DS XL now for this, or wait to see if there is a price drop next week at E3? I want to say I can wait, but Tom Nook is a harsh mistress...

XaosWolf

Haha yeah, been playin DKCR myself, and I gotta say those challenge levels are pretty hard. :x

Trying to beat DKCR before ACNL releases.

World 5's difficult.

5-K I am never wanting to see again. One of the puzzle pieces has zero indication that it's there.
Sure, just fire off to what looks like certain death. Super.

To hell with all the Time Trials, too... Uh, I mean Yay! Animal Crossing!

Abandond

Called the Nintendo store if anyone else is curious. They won't be selling digital codes that day since they won't be redeemable until midnight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom