• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh man. Check out this shot from the Animal Crossing Facebook.

ydSS3Cs.png

That area looks amazing!

My favorite is the aquarium.

Kuntz

The stream is going out of control.

MASS LAUGHTER !

Anyway are people going to reset their city until they get the fruit/friend they want ?

Philia

Well, I was being facetious.

A quick question: Can the visitors bum rush all the fossils, bugs, etc? Leaving you with nothing?

Well, someone said there's only 7 or so chicken scratches in town... in WW, there's usually 4 or 3, they usually yield fossils. You also get gyroids or a trap item.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
I think this needs to be addressed:

If you are going to post anything about the game that could be considered a spoiler (ex:
You're chosen to be the mayor by accident, or the real mayor sends you a letter,
both of which have been spoiled for me today alone) you NEED to use spoiler tags. People are dropping out left and right, and I'd rather have a place to converse than just a spoiler-laden empty OT. What do you guys think?

Robin64

If you are going to post anything about the game that could be considered a spoiler (ex:
You're chosen to be the mayor by accident, or the real mayor sends you a letter,
both of which have been spoiled for me today alone) you NEED to use spoiler tags. People are dropping out left and right, and I'd rather have a place to converse than just a spoiler-laden empty OT. What do you guys think?

Eh, I'm not sure that one *is* a spoiler any more than "You're moving to a new town" in past games. It's, like, the first 30 seconds of the game and something every review is probably going to mention.

But as for other things, things you can unlock later for example, people have been pretty cautious and kind with spoiler tags.

Sleepy

I sort of agree about the spoilers, as both of those got spoiled for me, as well. Yet, I am of another mind that the game is not story driven so maybe I am being a curmudgeon.

Well, someone said there's only 7 or so chicken scratches in town... in WW, there's usually 4 or 3, they usually yield fossils. You also get gyroids or a trap item.

But those refresh every day? So you MAY be able to get them again?

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Eh, I'm not sure that one *is* a spoiler any more than "You're moving to a new town" in past games. It's, like, the first 30 seconds of the game and something every review is probably going to mention.

But as for other things, things you can unlock later for example, people have been pretty cautious and kind with spoiler tags.

I realize that it isn't a big thing, but I was excited when people were mentioning that there was a reason you got chosen, but didn't want to say what it was. When I read that, yeah, it wasn't much, but I would have liked to hear it on my own. I guess that's an extreme example, I just want to make sure people aren't disappointed when they find out about something in the game you know?

Robin64

I realize that it isn't a big thing, but I was excited when people were mentioning that there was a reason you got chosen, but didn't want to say what it was. When I read that, yeah, it wasn't much, but I would have liked to hear it on my own. I guess that's an extreme example, I just want to make sure people aren't disappointed when they find out about something in the game you know?

I know what you mean. In fact I did post in the big locked thread about knowing the reason but not sharing with a winky face myself, so thought it would make a nice surprise.

But really, you've got so much else to look forward to, don't feel too bummed.

Philia

It was mentioned in a review a few pages back. Sorry for ruining it for you. :T Besides FearMyWrench would had added that review to his reviews section to his OT.

Kouriozan

About the spoiler, yes, I started to use the tag.
I thought new player wouldn't want to know everything before the game is released.

XaosWolf

I sort of agree about the spoilers, as both of those got spoiled for me, as well. Yet, I am of another mind that the game is not story driven so maybe I am being a curmudgeon.

I don't consider those any sort of spoilers as most people already know about the mayor stuff from the get go.

Besides, the OT does say that there'll be unmarked spoilers. =/

Deeper spoilers have been tagged though. =)

DISCLAIMER: Please read everything I type as though I'm a complete bastard.
But I'm not, I love all you guys[/spoilers]

Sleepy

What if I always leave the gate open? I may have to rethink my strategy: Coming home from work to go fossiling and some upstarts have already collected them would suck.

Xaos: Yes, which is why I have not made a stink about it.

Robin64

What if I always leave the gate open? I may have to rethink my strategy: Coming home from work to go fossiling and some upstarts have already collected them would suck.

Don't always leave your gate open. Really, don't. Historically, a wifi error causes the game to crash and it has the same effect as a reset. Any progress wiped. Just open it when you want people over.

SmithnCo

People can't visit when the 3DS is off, so unless you leave it on with the gate open all the time they couldn't do any damage.

Onikaan

I asked this a few days back but it got swamped. (You guys post too much)

Can anyone confirm that I can back up my save from the SD card in New Leaf? There was some debate as to whether this would work due to Animal Crossing saving differently.

Considering Digital if this is possible.

Thank ye.

XaosWolf

I asked this a few days back but it got swamped. (You guys post too much)

Can anyone confirm that I can back up my save from the SD card in New Leaf? There was some debate as to whether this would work due to Animal Crossing saving differently.

Considering Digital if this is possible.

Thank ye.

I'd like to know this as well. Additionally, any way to transfer a save TO a retail cart?

Robin64

It was determined that you can't. An ID is written to the 3DS which needs to match the ID written to the save. It changes each time. Purposefully done, it seems, to stop exploits.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone here added me from the old thread delete that because someone reset my 3ds (cousin) and yeah now I have a new friend code so... you'll want to get rid of me.

I put my new FC on the form.

OmegaFax

What other games do you guys play online?

I got my 3DS as a grad school graduation present recently. I love it, but all my games are offline right now.

Thinking about picking up Tennis and Kart 7 to start...

Seconded.

Thirded.

Something I didn't know until I started adding people to my 3DS friend list, which is kind of cool, is that you can join online races directly from it. It will boot right into online multiplayer.

XaosWolf

Thirded.

Something I didn't know until I started adding people to my 3DS friend list, which is kind of cool, is that you can join online races directly from it. It will boot right into online multiplayer.

Does ACNL have something like this anyone?
More games need to use that feature, darnit. >=C

omgkitty

Went to Gamestop to preorder the 3DS XL and they wouldn't let me, saying preorders were closed. I checked their website and it's still up there. My question is, if I order from Gamestop online, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

Edit: Nevermind...I'm an idiot

Billing does not occur until shipment is processed.

Animekatt

Went to Gamestop to preorder the 3DS XL and they wouldn't let me, saying preorders were closed. I checked their website and it's still up there. My question is, if I order from Gamestop online, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

Edit: Nevermind...I'm an idiot

They usually don't charge until it ships, but some members in this thread stated that they were charged today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom