• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

People can't visit when the 3DS is off, so unless you leave it on with the gate open all the time they couldn't do any damage.

Well, I had planned to always leave it on, with wifi, and the gate open. I guess I am not doing that anymore.

Old, but that reviewer and I have the same last name, so he must be good. :)

XaosWolf

Explain the last, please? Never played an AC game before and this sounds intriguing...

You're assigned random villagers, layout and type of fruit that grows in your town at the start of the game.

Though someone mentioned using the train again until you get one you like, I think.
Someone confirm that again?

Went to Gamestop to preorder the 3DS XL and they wouldn't let me, saying preorders were closed. I checked their website and it's still up there. My question is, if I order from Gamestop online, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

Edit: Nevermind...I'm an idiot

Yeah, mine was being processed today. Discovered it on accident. I pre-ordered as soon as they showed up on the website. They probably closed the store pre-orders because the amount they plan on shipping to each one is now set.

Kuntz

Explain the last, please? Never played an AC game before and this sounds intriguing...

If I'm not mistaken your city can only have one sort of fruit at the beginning, chosen randomly, as are the villagers.

Some players want a certain fruit, or certain neighbours, restarting a new game as long as they don't get what they want.

I won't do this, even my face will depend entirely on random things.

Why am I reading this thread?!

I adore Animal crossing, but don't have a 3ds. I can't get a 3ds just for one game right! Right?

Truth be told though I prefer the GC Animal crossing the best, still roll the old girl out at Christmas and hang out in my old village.

zigg

I always seemed to get either apples or cherries. I've forgotten exactly but I think my Wild World crop was apples.

Something about me just screamed "red fruit," I guess.

I adore Animal crossing, but don't have a 3ds. I can't get a 3ds just for one game right! Right?
Luckily for you, Nintendo makes a 3DS XL for this express purpose.

Why am I reading this thread?!

Truth be told though I prefer the GC Animal crossing the best, still roll the old girl out at Christmas and hang out in my old village.

I got a 3DS on just the PROMISE of Mega Man Legends 3... at least you know Animal Crossing will be out in a couple days ;)

Philia

Luckily for you, Nintendo makes a 3DS XL for this express purpose.

What he said!

tumblr_mbpt6umfty1qcyph4o1_1280.png

I just now fucking realize this toaster is the SAME TOASTER in my avatar. I'm in AWE of your photoshop skills.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surely this toaster would have been more appropriate. Shame on all ye who used the first result for "toaster" on GIS.

xziZhKUm.jpg

BooJoh

Anyway are people going to reset their city until they get the fruit/friend they want ?
I'll be restarting until I get Biskit. He was in my GCN village and instantly became my favorite villager. I restarted for him in AC:WW (which had the stupid mechanic where the villagers who like you most are most likely to move away) and then I didn't restart for him in AC:CF, hoping he would just randomly move in someday. I played hundreds of hours, completed the museum, got a perfect town, etc, but never saw Biskit except in the city on occasion. It sucked. :(

It was determined that you can't. An ID is written to the 3DS which needs to match the ID written to the save. It changes each time. Purposefully done, it seems, to stop exploits.

So wait, if you back up the entire game file to a PC or whatever and then continue playing, or start a second town on another SD card, you can't go back to your backup, even on the same 3DS system?

zigg

So wait, if you back up the entire game file to a PC or whatever and then continue playing, or start a second town on another SD card, you can't go back to your backup, even on the same 3DS system?
Correct. That was actually the topic of the thread I discovered this issue in. It extends to backing up of towns, too, apparently.

I'm going physical now anyway, so it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Correct. That was actually the topic of the thread I discovered this issue in. It extends to backing up of towns, too, apparently.

I'm going physical now anyway, so it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Oh wow, hadn't realized this was the case... Doesn't effect me either way... But it's something to note.

Philia

This page makes me post this again. Credit goes to BGBW. :3

tumblr_mnpzyqVIA71qzp9weo1_400.gif

Credit goes to Lucent! :3

g9drBs6.png

AND a bonus! The reason why I pick Rosie. :3

y29anZF.gif

She's such a chipper cheerful personality I just adore so much.

Rain_dance_cat.gif

zigg

I primarily cared about the save issue inasmuch as I was concerned my SD card might possibly crap out and destroy my town—could I back it up periodically? No. Physical release alleviates that concern for me since the save chips on Nintendo games are legendary. I wanted to back up in case of miscreants, too, but that seems impossible.

Here's one reference about the issue. I don't recall where the original was.

http://axaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=52160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom