• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

I swear I think I have people have me on ignore. :|
Why would anyone ignore someone who loves Rosie?!
Rain_dance_cat.gif

Just look at that carefree dance!

You do TAN though. Like... yeah. White to TAN.
Huh, I didn't know that. That's pretty neat.

Sats

Banned
I don't know which layout would allow the most room in the middle of town for the maze and garden stuff I have planned.

gosox333

I've never really understood Animal Crossing, but I'm always willing to jump onto a hype train. Is the basic premise here creating and maintaining your own personal town? And I'm assuming this'll be accessible enough for somebody who's never played an AC game before, right?

Philia

>.< Sorry.

Its okay. Its like icing on a shit cake lol. :3

I've never really understood Animal Crossing, but I'm always willing to jump onto a hype train. Is the basic premise here creating and maintaining your own personal town? And I'm assuming this'll be accessible enough for somebody who's never played an AC game before, right?

Yes, its very easy to get into. :3

Stoof

Yeah, and collecting everything you can! It's just a relaxing sandboxish game where you do what you want. And I'm envious of people that will have New Leaf be their first time with the franchise. :p

Despera

Banned
Yes and yes.

You can also share resources with the other people and visit their towns.

Tunic

Gamestop has made a pending charge for my order of the 3DSXL bundle now. Anyone else had this happen yet? Does that mean they are shipping them for us to get by Monday?

etrain911

I have no idea how to read that chart of town layouts posted on the last page, but I do get the general gist of what you want in a layout. I'm just going to pray for a nice, small, river and room for a second waterfall. That would be ideal for me.

Philia

Gamestop has made a pending charge for my order of the 3DSXL bundle now. Anyone else had this happen yet? Does that mean they are shipping them for us to get by Monday?

Yeah. I think eudaemonic had this happen to her too.

I missed it! I'm sorry!

LOL its okay. Just get yourself on 100 posts per page in Edit Options "Viewing Threads" from your User CP.

I have no idea how to read that chart of town layouts posted on the last page, but I do get the general gist of what you want in a layout. I'm just going to pray for a nice, small, river and room for a second waterfall. That would be ideal for me.

Well basically if you're caring about an orchard and a huge garden, you wouldn't want a sprawling river to take up so much space.

Oh my gosh, guys. Please stop sending locked notes! They don't even all open on launch! (timers in different spots)

The personally sad thing: As of the 29th, there were only 8 pre-orders for this at my Gamestop, two of which are mine. So no midnight release for me. :(

SmithnCo

I think the idea is too stay away from winding rivers that take up way too much space, because that's less places where you can build a house and whatnot. Plus some other factors like beach size.

etrain911

Oh my gosh, guys. Please stop sending locked notes! They don't even all open on launch! (timers in different spots)

The personally sad thing: As of the 29th, there were only 8 pre-orders for this at my Gamestop, two of which are mine. So no midnight release for me. :(

I'm in the same boat, but sunday isn't too far away! Hang on there, fellow poptart Gaffer!
Also, I wasn't trying to ignore anyone. I'm just terrible with charts!

Proven

I think the idea is too stay away from winding rivers that take up way too much space, because that's less places where you can build a house and whatnot. Plus some other factors like beach size.

Considering how fast I maxed out my house in Wild World, I feel like going for a suboptimal layout on purpose. Something to encourage me to slow down a little and have lots of little nooks and crannies.
LOL its okay. Just get yourself on 100 posts per page in Edit Options "Viewing Threads" from your User CP.

I feel like I should never leave default GAF.

zigg

Huh, I didn't know that. That's pretty neat.
You say that now, but when you're traipsing around all orange like a cheerleader in a midwestern winter who can't find a tanning salon and has to resort to spray-on&#8230;

I'm not totally sure what I'm gonna do wrt layout. I would prefer more landmass, but I'm not necessarily hooked on the notion of a beeline river either. I like my layout to have a little character.

Unicorn

Anyone know of stores selling early? In the past my local Kmart had broken street date, but mostly on smaller launches.

zigg

Anyone know of stores selling early? In the past my local Kmart had broken street date, but mostly on smaller launches.
If Kmart breaks street date, it won't be for $30. Hopefully they don't sell out ahead of Sunday so I can get my cheap copy ;)

Stoof

You say that now, but when you're traipsing around all orange like a cheerleader in a midwestern winter who can't find a tanning salon and has to resort to spray-on…

I'm not totally sure what I'm gonna do wrt layout. I would prefer more landmass, but I'm not necessarily hooked on the notion of a beeline river either. I like my layout to have a little character.
Well I said it was neat, not that I'd want to be tan! :p

Grizzo

Actually, no, this wouldn't work.

K.K. Doesn't appear until Club LOL is finished, which can take 2+ weeks to get the request to build it.

Well technically,
you would still be getting one day ahead of other people, since they wouldn't be able to start the funding of the Club until then

Labrys

Well technically,
you would still be getting one day ahead of other people, since they wouldn't be able to start the funding of the Club until then

You'd actually only be one day ahead, you have to build and fund other things before the request even appears :p

Acid08

Banned
I work at 2 on Sunday so I won't get a whole day of uninterrupted play :(. Definitely heading to Gamestop early though so I can start and get people added.

RagnarokX

Just preference, I don't like the tiny beaches that result from rivers ending near the top of the map. They might make for nice little nooks though.

But that layout maximizes the amount of beach you can walk along for fishing without having to find a bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom