• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this layout talk is sending my perfectionist tendencies into overdrive. Good stuff to think about though. I don't care much about starting fruit since all of this is new to me but I'll definitely consider layout options more carefully at the start.

How easy is it to change stuff around in the game? I presume my house is rooted in one spot and there's no moving? But other things like landscaped can be changed as I go?

You can chop down all your trees and replace them with other fruit trees if you want, but
you can only grow your native fruit in perfect form.

The river layout and the location of the original starting buildings (Town Tree, Re-Tail, Town Hall, etc) is fixed with no changes. You actually choose exactly where your house is located at the start in this version though. After that, no moving.

The "Public Work Projects" like benches, bridges, and street lamps can be removed and rebuilt somewhere else if you please.

Marvie_3

Banned
You can chop down all your trees and replace them with other fruit trees if you want, but

The river layout and the location of the original starting buildings (Town Tree, Re-Tail, Town Hall, etc) is fixed with no changes. You actually choose exactly where your house is located at the start in this version though. After that, no moving.

The "Public Work Projects" like benches, bridges, and street lamps can be removed and rebuilt somewhere else if you please.

I was just going to post asking about the locations for bridges. :lol

Stoof

Red is my favourite colour, but when it comes to Pokemon, I've always chosen the "blue" version. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond... it's tradition. Just added you. ;) I'll be coming to you for those version exclusives this October. Heh.
Added you back! And I usually always end up picking up almost all the versions in the end. :p Never got Gold, LeafGreen, HeartGold, or White 2 though. And if they aren't too hard to get I'd gladly catch multiple exclusives!

I'm getting X (the superior letter) but trading with my brother-in-law for Yveltal (the superior Legendary) =P
That's what I'm talking about!

All of this layout talk is sending my perfectionist tendencies into overdrive. Good stuff to think about though. I don't care much about starting fruit since all of this is new to me but I'll definitely consider layout options more carefully at the start.

How easy is it to change stuff around in the game? I presume my house is rooted in one spot and there's no moving? But other things like landscaped can be changed as I go?

I feel that man. I have a reasonable handle on my perfectionism but sometimes it gets out of hand. Things like deciding on a permanent layout make me uncomfortable. I'd normally research such decisions before starting the game, but this time I'm going in completely blind.

SmithnCo

So you can remove the original bridges right? I assume you can if you want to change their style.

I don't want diagonal bridges.

XaosWolf

So regarding that spoiler,
what do you mean by "perfect form"?

EDIT: Just seen the whole "Deus Ex: The Fall" thing. Think I need to go and do something secret.

Labrys

You get fruit called "perfect" fruit sometimes. They're worth more, and if sold in a foreign town, are worth 3000 bells a piece. You can get other town's perfect fruit, but you can never grow that type. Only your town's fruit in perfect form can be buried and grown again.

Stoof

From what little I've seen, I think there's a perfect fruit that can grow in your town, and it's a shiny version of your native fruit tree, from which you can plant to grow a "perfect" fruit tree that sell for more but that also run out of fruit after a while.

XaosWolf

You get fruit called "perfect" fruit sometimes. They're worth more, and if sold in a foreign town, are worth 3000 bells a piece. You can get other town's perfect fruit, but you can never grow that type. Only your town's fruit in perfect form can be buried and grown again.

So keep hold of them, plant 'em in your own town (yielding more perfect fruit? Higher chance?), and sell them in someone else's?

From what little I've seen, I think there's a perfect fruit that can grow in your town, and it's a shiny version of your native fruit tree, from which you can plant to grow a "perfect" fruit tree that sell for more but that also run out of fruit after a while.

Ah, I see. Knew there had to be a catch. Nook wouldn't have liked that. =)

So you can remove the original bridges right? I assume you can if you want to change their style.

I don't want diagonal bridges.

Yes! You can have 3 bridges total, and they can be removed if wanted, including the original. You actually only start with one bridge in this version. Cheapskates. WE USED TO GET TWO FOR FREE!

Labrys

So keep hold of them, plant 'em in your own town (yielding more perfect fruit? Higher chance?), and sell them in someone else's?

A planted perfect fruit will grow more perfect fruit, yes. There's a limit on how much can be harvested, though, you'll eventually have to replant a perfect fruit. Just don't plant non-native perfect fruit or you'll waste that fruit.

SmithnCo

Yes! You can have 3 bridges total, and they can be removed if wanted, including the original. You actually only start with one bridge in this version. Cheapskates. WE USED TO GET TWO FOR FREE!

Nice. Though one bridge might be a bit of a hassle until we can build more, haha.

XaosWolf

A planted perfect fruit will grow more perfect fruit, yes. There's a limit on how much can be harvested, though, you'll eventually have to replant a perfect fruit. Just don't plant non-native perfect fruit or you'll waste that fruit.

Last thing:
Selling another town's Perfect Fruit in your town would net you the 3000 bells, right?

Going to replace my red 3DS xl with the AC edition, is it wrong of me for almost being put off by the fact that it doesn't come with a physical copy of the game?

darklin0

Banned
The 7 pm piece is nice, I really like it. So far its 1 am, 11 pm, 7 pm in my top hourly tracks. I heard 10 am is good but I was asleep.

Stoof

How do you get your fruit to be 'perfect'? Does your town have to have a high rating or something of the sort?

I'm pretty sure your town spawns with at least one, and even if you sold it you'll find another on a tree some other time.

Aggrotek

Did you use that one site linked earlier? Then, that's the problem.

Is it outdated or something? Anyways I took a pic of what I used:

lHWJ7JF.png

Betty

Banned
Going to replace my red 3DS xl with the AC edition, is it wrong of me for almost being put off by the fact that it doesn't come with a physical copy of the game?

No, it does feel nice owning the physical copy of something, but on the upside you'll always have it available on the home screen and you can re-download if your data gets messed up.

subtles

I'm sorry if this has been discussed but does anybody know the letter limit on the character/town name? I'd like to add my info to the spreadsheet but many (Atlus) games I've played recently have limited character spaces.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry if this has been discussed but does anybody know the letter limit on the character/town name? I'd like to add my info to the spreadsheet but many (Atlus) games I've played recently have limited character spaces.

Yes, there's a limit to the town/character names -- 8 characters.

EDIT: Gah! You guys come outta no-where!

My first real attempt at Animal Crossing too.. hope its worth it. You guys seem to love it!

I'm hoping to love it.

Stoof

The 7 pm piece is nice, I really like it. So far its 1 am, 11 pm, 7 pm in my top hourly tracks. I heard 10 am is good but I was asleep.

Huh, the 7pm is pretty charming. I'm going to have to listen to them again but I think my ranking is 1 PM (snow) & 11 PM (snow), then regular 1 PM & 11 PM. Though I know you wanted to wait till it was snowing to experience it yourself!

Tnetennba

Well look who showed up at my house today...

That's adorable. I can feel that hot mole breath breathing down my neck from here. I still remember the fear I felt when I got the whole fake reset thing in the GC version.

Chills down my spine. Horrible horrible chills.

I added a ton of people over the past two days, though I'd like to add some of the more active thread posters that I don't have already in a couple days since I'm assuming they'll be sticking with the game a long time. Going to have to trim some friends that don't play much when Pokemon rolls around. :(

Added you, Stoof. You can add me if you want: 1375-7276-2770

I'm always checking this thread; before work, at work, after work, before bed... I just don't contribute too much because...I don't have much to contribute, really :) And I don't want to add fluff and make this a 'chat' thread......... Heh.

But I will definitely be sticking with the New Leaf for many, many months. So you may consider me one of the long-lasters. I'm also planning to have contests and little friendly competitions to my visitors; I don't want to spoil things, but you will, very often, leave Madera with a neat new item.

darklin0

Banned
Well look who showed up at my house today...
Those are nice! I have been trying to get my hands on a K.K. Slider.
Huh, the 7pm is pretty charming. I'm going to have to listen to them again but I think my ranking is 1 PM (snow) & 11 PM (snow), then regular 1 PM & 11 PM. Though I know you wanted to wait till it was snowing to experience it yourself!

I may end up listening to them, winter is so far off!

Finally listened to the snowy arrangements. They're great! The 11 PM snow music reminds of Minecraft.

Stoof

Haha.. I'd be okay with that.

Added you, Stoof. You can add me if you want: 1375-7276-2770

I'm always checking this thread; before work, at work, after work, before bed... I just don't contribute too much because...I don't have much to contribute, really :) And I don't want to add fluff and make this a 'chat' thread......... Heh.

But I will definitely be sticking with the New Leaf for many, many months. So you may consider me one of the long-lasters. I'm also planning to have contests and little friendly competitions to my visitors; I don't want to spoil things, but you will, very often, leave Madera with a neat new item.
Added you back! :D I'm sure plenty of people I'll end up keeping in the end won't post much but still play a lot, it's just this thread is one way of guessing if someone seems like they'll play a bunch before the game comes out. :p I look forward to visiting your town! :)

I may end up listening to them, winter is so far off!
I know I crumbled under the pressure. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom