• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharros

Everyone crosses through here.

I did well for a while, but my curiosity was just too much in the end. Now this week will seem like forever :( My cousin and I were big into Wild World but not City Folk, this seems like the upgrade the series needed and my hype after taking a closer look has reached new levels.

While looking through the spreadsheet, I had no idea I had so many European 3DS friends! It's very exciting, but I don't want to let you guys down in terms of AC:NL playtime. I will play with you guys the most during my vacation and on weekends, so that our schedules match!

MicH, Robin64, Kouriozan, FlynnCL, Tempy, nin1000, and so many more; can't wait to see your Euro-towns!

bomblord

Banned
I keep seeing people request leaves on their avatars, could someone give me the original leaf picture so I can put it as mine?

beta_fuse

I added a few of you, sent PMs but damn there's a lot of you:p I guess from here on out I'll add those who organize a meet up on GAF once the game comes out.

Ugh..

I'm really struggling trying to decide whether to go digital on this or not.

If there was ever a game to go digital, it's this one...unless you're a sucker for owning the actual box like me then no retail game is worth digital.

Ugh..

I'm really struggling trying to decide whether to go digital on this or not.

PROS OF DIGITAL:
- Immediate access on release; Midnight EST / 9PM PST (for US).
- Always accessible; no need to bring or switch around cartridges.
- Harder to lose (easier to lose a game card than the entire system).
- Slightly cheaper? (As in, no tax, usually).

CONS OF DIGITAL:
- Can't share, sell or trade game (for those that do).
- No physical game box.
- Potential early release of physical copy (Nintendo World Store event, street date breaking, etc).
- May need bigger SD card.

A few I thought of. I'm going digital.

Is it outdated or something? Anyways I took a pic of what I used:

lHWJ7JF.png

Sappy couple story

Hello, I've been lurking this thread the last couple days, whileI only played a little bit of WW, this will be my first real go with AC.
I'm going to get two copies, one for me & one for my wife. I purchased a 3DS for her several years ago knowing that this day would come one day. She has Nintendogs but only plays it a couple times a week. When I meet her she was playing those awful Zynga games on Facebook, and I knew AC would arrive (took forever!)

On topic (why I quoted the above)

Pardon me and my ignorance, you can set your towns tune? Is this for the soothing title screen intro? Or am I way off base.

pariah164

Sappy couple story

Hello, I've been lurking this thread the last couple days, whileI only played a little bit of WW, this will be my first real go with AC.
I'm going to get two copies, one for me & one for my wife. I purchased a 3DS for her several years ago knowing that this day would come one day. She has Nintendogs but only plays it a couple times a week. When I meet her she was playing those awful Zynga games on Facebook, and I knew AC would arrive (took forever!)

On topic (why I quoted the above)

Pardon me and my ignorance, you can set your towns tune? Is this for the soothing title screen intro? Or am I way off base.

You can set your town tune. It's the tune that plays whenever you speak to a character, and also is the bell that sounds every hour, at least in Wild World.

OneLetter

It's sad to me that even though I'm your 3DS friends, we can't ever Streetpass. I wish they had a secondary streetpass mode via friends to encourage that.

Oh well.

I've decided to go digital because there really isn't a good reason to go physical outside of collectors purposes. You're more likely to lose your animal crossing cartridge than lose your entire 3DS, so the game being attached to the system isn't an issue for me. Also, I can play animal crossing and fire emblem without switching cartridges, which is nice.

You can set your town tune. It's the tune that plays whenever you speak to a character, and also is the bell that sounds every hour, at least in Wild World.

Thank you for the explanation! ;)
I'm going to sign up tomorrow. Everyone is so nice in this thread, it'll be good to play with this community. ;)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've decided to go digital because there really isn't a good reason to go physical outside of collectors purposes. You're more likely to lose your animal crossing cartridge than lose your entire 3DS, so the game being attached to the system isn't an issue for me. Also, I can play animal crossing and fire emblem without switching cartridges, which is nice.
You're more likely to break your 3DS than your cartridge (hopefully).

I'm obviously going digital but I'll pick up a cheap retail copy down the line.

Fan of physical, or just because? I'm doing the same but I'll just buy a retail copy around launch. Most of my 3DS games will be retail; only New Leaf and the upcoming Smash Bros. game will be digital & retail. That way I can lend the retail copy to a friend's brother who is interested; his first Animal Crossing.

XaosWolf

I was struggling with the whole Physical vs Digital conundrum until Nintendo made the choice for me with its So Many Games! Promotion.

All I had to do was buy 2 games I loved, and one I hated! =D

ohlawd

Fan of physical, or just because? I'm doing the same but I'll just buy a retail copy around launch. Most of my 3DS games will be retail; only New Leaf and the upcoming Smash Bros. game will be digital & retail. That way I can lend the retail copy to a friend's brother who is interested; his first Animal Crossing.
I like having physical copies of my 3DS games.

Strange that I don't care either way for my other systems.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Is now a good time to get a 3DS? I really want this game but I don't have a ton of money. Are there any sales that are gonna come up that you guys know of?

Twilightking from TBT, I would be upset if you forgot about me ;)

Either way, right or wrong, excellent OT and you have successfully made the wait harder and made me remember some grand ol times from a past forum I frequented. :)

Omg... YES! I remember you! And Shadow Link, right?! I had a look at your profile and saw Newfoundland and I was thinking... no... it couldn't be. How long has it been now? 7 years? Lol.

Damn you're right I screwed up. Like a dummy I was wondering why Montreal fell under -5 timezone but -4 kept highlighting. Sorry guys:(

lol damn I trusted you and changed it to -5. oh well I just pm'd Mikor and asked him to change it. heh i'll get you for this by planting a bunch of pitfalls in your town or something hahah.

I decided to go retail when I heard about the save file protection they put into the eShop version. I've had enough SD cards corrupt on me to make me uncomfortable about having my Animal Crossing town on an SD card I can't back up.

I was going to get an animal crossing 3DS, but then I realized that white electronics generally yellow over time when they have heavy hand use. The joysticks on my Wiimotes are very yellow now.

You're more likely to break your 3DS than your cartridge (hopefully).

I've never broken any of my gaming consoles so that isn't really an issue to me. I'm not that organized so I do have an issue of losing things, though. I lost a fair chunk of my old DS games including Mario and Donkey Kong and Mario Kart DS xD

beta_fuse

Omg... YES! I remember you! And Shadow Link, right?! I had a look at your profile and saw Newfoundland and I was thinking... no... it couldn't be. How long has it been now? 7 years? Lol.

Animal Crossing even reunites long lost forum buddies.

lol damn I trusted you and changed it to -5. oh well I just pm'd Mikor and asked him to change it. heh i'll get you for this by planting a bunch of pitfalls in your town or something hahah.

Lol I deserve it.

SmithnCo

Is now a good time to get a 3DS? I really want this game but I don't have a ton of money. Are there any sales that are gonna come up that you guys know of?

Now is a pretty great time, they've been really stepping it up with games. And stuff coming up looks great too, M&L, Pokemon, AA5, LTTP2 to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom