• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolow

Banned
A few questions:
1. How good of an connection do you need in order to play online? I'm unable to play Mario Kart 7 online and can just barely play Luigi's Mansion 2 online, and Luigi's Mansion only works if I host the game.
2. Is it possible to still get those Japanese Spotpass and 7/11 items?

A few questions:
1. How good of an connection do you need in order to play online? I'm unable to play Mario Kart 7 online and can just barely play Luigi's Mansion 2 online, and Luigi's Mansion only works if I host the game.
2. Is it possible to still get those Japanese Spotpass and 7/11 items?

1) I'm wondering this too. I know the gamexplain guy had some problems in his videos when trying to visit Nintendaaan's town.

2) I hope so!

subtles

Completed the form! I love to send and receive Swapnotes. (and Flipnote when it comes out) Just a heads up to anyone interested in adding me. :)

raOXdAG.jpg

First post, woo. I put so many hours into the original, but Wild World wasn't able to capture my attention nearly as well, and my interest in the series faded. All of the videos and hype that has been happening in the past few months has been turning me back into a believer, alongside actually getting a 3DS and loving it. Your hype's going to cause me to lose $35 and all of my free time on Sunday, GAF!

Drago

Am I the only guy who hates this guy's voice? I really wish this review was written. I know it's not nice to point it out but still...it's hard for me to listen to.

I used to hate it too but I got used to it. I actually enjoy listening to his voice now lol

GameXplain just posted their review. They said it's good, but not as magical as the original.

http://youtu.be/-8ukZw0QzEQ

Oddly, they decided not to give it a score yet, and said they might at a future date.

Unless they completely overhaul the franchise, I don't think any AC game will be as memorable as the original for players familiar with the franchise. However, for first time players, they very well may capture the magic we all felt playing the GCN version ( or N64 in Japan )

Unless they completely overhaul the franchise, I don't think any AC game will be as memorable as the original for players familiar with the franchise. However, for first time players, they very well may capture the magic we all felt playing the GCN version ( or N64 in Japan )

Yup, that's exactly what the review said. I wish I could wipe my brain for this lol

darklin0

Banned
Anyone telling another person to get a 3DS and does not even mention SMTIV as a title worth looking forward to needs to rethink their life decisions.

What about Monster Hunter 4? SO EXCITED!

Also, just got back from picking some Cherries from my orchard. Not as fun as in AC, needs more music and less sun.

I second that. I don't think any sequel could capture the magic I experienced the first time I played Animal Crossing. There was nothing quite like sharing that experience with the family too, whereas this will be very much a solo venture for me. Online interactions aside.

Drago

Once E3 and the release of New Leaf pass and if I still use the M&L avatar, I'm probably gonna put a massive Reggie face in the background lol

And I liked Partners in Time just fine as well, even if it isn't up to the standards of the godly Superstar Saga or BIS.

Elija2

Yeah, Wild World was the first AC game that I really got into and it was a really memorable experience for me. For most people whatever AC game they play first will always be the one they're most fond of.

BooJoh

Isn't this basically the same for almost any game series that relies on a specific formula? Sure Mario can go 3D and run around on spheres or whatever, but games like Animal Crossing rely on very specific types of gameplay that don't lend themselves to full overhauls and bizarre gimmicks. This is probably the same reason why so many people feel Pokémon R/B/Y was the best in that series.

Animal Crossing is more akin to a game like Monster Hunter or an MMO where you're probably going to be doing the exact same thing from entry to entry, but you'll have different ways to do it and more content to chew through.

Stoof

Once E3 and the release of New Leaf pass and if I still use the M&L avatar, I'm probably gonna put a massive Reggie face in the background lol

And I liked Partners in Time just fine as well, even if it isn't up to the standards of the godly Superstar Saga or BIS.
Yeah, I think BIS was my favorite. Such a fun and colorful game! And it gave us this awesome final boss theme.

What about Monster Hunter 4? SO EXCITED!

Also, just got back from picking some Cherries from my orchard. Not as fun as in AC, needs more music and less sun.
I'll be getting MH4, but I do hope they make a MH4U at some point for Wii U because playing it on the big screen is really nice. x_x

I second that. I don't think any sequel could capture the magic I experienced the first time I played Animal Crossing. There was nothing quite like sharing that experience with the family too, whereas this will be very much a solo venture for me. Online interactions aside.
I feel this will be close to getting the spark for me. Everything I've seen and read about the game just makes me super excited. :D

Sure Mario can go 3D and run around on spheres or whatever, but games like Animal Crossing rely on very specific types of gameplay that don't lend themselves to full overhauls and bizarre gimmicks.

How do we know that if they don't try? I can think of a bunch of things they could do with the series that would make it more interesting while still being true to the original.

subtles

I feel like New Bark town from Pokemon Gold/Silver would make an awesome AC town name. In fact, most of the town names from the Pokemon series fit in with the AC vibe.

Yeah, I think BIS was my favorite. Such a fun and colorful game! And it gave us this awesome final boss theme.

I'll be getting MH4, but I do hope they make a MH4U at some point for Wii U because playing it on the big screen is really nice. x_x

I feel this will be close to getting the spark for me. Everything I've seen and read about the game just makes me super excited. :D

I think for me, having avoided City Folk, it's been a long time since I've enjoyed an Animal Crossing title. That can only help in making New Leaf a new experience to some extent. I do think that this will come close to that same magic the original did, I mean, the hype in this thread is just phenomenal. I can see the community aspect having a major impact on shaping the enjoyment I get out of this, and there is far more potential in that than the experience I shared with the family.

Labrys

I feel like New Bark town from Pokemon Gold/Silver would make an awesome AC town name. In fact, most of the town names from the Pokemon series fit in with the AC vibe.

New Bark also fits the 8 spaces given, so go for it if you want! I think it's a nice name, and it fits with the name of the game.

I used the names of towns from the Pokemon series to name my own town(s) in Animal Crossing. I totally agree that the names have the same vibe.

Skelter

Banned

One Saturday afternoon, the town's citizens competed in a sea bass fishing derby. I devoted hours to luring in dozens of fish, and was determined to win a sweet gold trophy for the center of the main room of my house. I came in second, and you better believe I was bitter when Beardo stood above me on the winner's podium, holding the first place trophy that was meant for me. I then abandoned my duties as mayor to dig holes around his house, plant trees in front of his doorway, send him vulgar letters and shove him around until he stormed off in anger. It may be my job to make Hayward heaven for its citizens, but it became my personal mission to make it hell for Beardo.

Ha, this is good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom