• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

Lol, it's gonna be interesting watching this thread unfold into paranoia and chaos as soon as a single flower disappears. :p
"I SAW YOU EYING MY TULIPS! I KNOW YOU SMASHED THEM!"

Imagine the finger pointing and blame game that will follow. Especially when there's a number of Gaffers visiting at once. On that note, what's the maximum number of visitors you can have at once?
Three plus you!

Imagine the finger pointing and blame game that will follow. Especially when there's a number of Gaffers visiting at once.

Yup.. I've been on enough Animal Crossing forums before to see how this goes. I would hope though that most GAFers would be above random finger pointing at everyone.

Elija2

In my town, it'll be an eye for an eye.

You trample a flower, you plant a flower.

It's not like I'll be bothering with flower breeding or anything.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Yup.. I've been on enough Animal Crossing forums before to see how this goes. I would hope though that most GAFers would be above random finger pointing at everyone.

I'm not entirely sure how the online works but I can imagine there being some town owners just obsessively following the 3 visitors to prevent things like this. Heh.

North Korea town is best town

Haha, yeah pretty much. I made a joke earlier in the thread about people running their towns like they were North Korea. Not that I mind though, I'll be sure to follow any rules that are stated by others! But I don't intend to run my own town like that. If you want to plant a row of pitfalls in front of my house, please do!

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, yeah pretty much. I made a joke earlier in the thread about people running their towns like they were North Korea. Not that I mind though, I'll be sure to follow any rules that are stated by others! But I don't intend to run my own town like that. If you want to plant a row of pitfalls in front of my house, please do!

Can you put up signs in your town?

I'm not entirely sure how the online works but I can imagine there being some town owners just obsessively following the 3 visitors to prevent things like this. Heh.

Lol. That would work... until everyone scrambles. Maybe Nintendo will introduce electronic sensors you can issue to your visitors that transmit a GPS signal.

Can you put up signs in your town?

There's these things:

carousel-signs.png

Kind of expensive though just for a sign. And, they will count towards your limit of 30 Public Work Projects, so don't go too crazy with them.

Pitfalls are fun, but only if you're there to see the reaction. Watching someone fall repeatedly into buried pitfalls is amusing. :D I hope we won't see many towns in the form of North Korea though. I also will adhere to the rules of the town I visit, I just hope that no one is strict to the point that it becomes more of a chore and less an enjoyment.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
There's these things:

carousel-signs.png

Kind of expensive though just for a sign. And, they will count towards your limit of 30 Public Work Projects, so don't go too crazy with them.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

I don't think I'll be having any personal rules in my town. I was going to have some quirky ones just for fun, but I wouldn't want to make any member feel restricted.

Although things like "don't destroy my town" sorta goes without saying.

How many neighbor house can you have in your main town?

In Wild World. There was 4 or 5 neighbor houses right?

I think 8 was the max in Wild World. In New Leaf, you start with 5 and max is 10
plus a possible villager at the campsite project if there is one
. :)

Sats

Banned
I really wish you could put up signposts, and you could write messages on them that people could read. :(

Any way at all for you to put some kind of letter or sign to be read by a player.

I really wish you could put up signposts, and you could write messages on them that people could read. :(

Any way at all for you to put some kind of letter or sign to be read by a player.

Yeah, I loved the letters and central billboard in the GameCube version. Shame they're not back (I mean, I know the 'board is, but it's off in the corner).

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I'm boringly reading around while I wait for somebody to come...

Oh, also drinking the best tea I made in weeks.

...I'm wildly inconsistent when it comes to making tea.

Guys I can't skype, photoshop, and read/post in the thread at the same time, and it's driving me nuts. Still no idea what I'm naming my town, it'll probably end up being some obscure JRPG town that sounds nice.

Huh.

Gathering friends for this helped me learn how to Swapnote. Why haven't I been using it this entire time? This rocks.

I never used Swapnote before now. I've never had so much fun sending crude drawings.

In terms of keeping up with/participating in this thread, I have done so while I work on my assignment. I write a couple of sentences, I check the thread. Rinse and repeat. It's working wonders.

Ferga

Guys I can't skype, photoshop, and read/post in the thread at the same time, and it's driving me nuts. Still no idea what I'm naming my town, it'll probably end up being some obscure JRPG town that sounds nice.

I wanted mine to end with "ville" so I just closed my eyes and used three fingers to press 3 keys and got "Arkville"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom