• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
So looking to expand my friend's list just a bit more.

-8GMT, No time travel. Probably the GF running the town.

3024-4831-6508

Rocwell

I wanted mine to end with "ville" so I just closed my eyes and used three fingers to press 3 keys and got "Arkville"

Should fit in nicely with the 3 towns called Arkadia or some variation on it.

Ferrio add me! I need more fgc gaf friend codes.

4227-1217-9117

Apparently there is a small bug in the game that causes you to permanently lose any socks you're wearing when you put on a wetsuit on the island. (I guess it doesn't happen in town.)

Not a huge deal since you can re-order them, and I imagine for quite cheap, but hopefully Nintendo will patch it eventually.

Source

I have a feeling there will be another patch in the next few days for all versions to coincide with the release here. Why? Well, so far there's been one patch in Japan/Korea. It didn't do a whole lot but it did add an option on the main menu to check for update/patch data which wasn't originally in the game. Theoretically, using this you could update the game inside the game without having to do it at the eShop like the first patch. Yet, they haven't release another update yet after that and it would be weird if they implemented that option to then never use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7oieHiQu6c

Apparently there is a small bug in the game that causes you to permanently lose any socks you're wearing when you put on a wetsuit on the island. (I guess it doesn't happen in town.)

Not a huge deal since you can re-order them, and I imagine for quite cheap, but hopefully Nintendo will patch it eventually.

Source

I don't know, but I found this incredibly funny to read. In all seriousness though, you just have to remove your socks before equipping a wetsuit, right?

Guys, Joystiq posted it earlier before they were supposed to for an hour or so. It's down now but it will be back at 10am they said. I assume the rest of the reviews will pop up then too.

If anybody is looking for more, please add me!: 4596-9608-6492

I'm happy to add people who aren't going to time travel and are cool people :)

Added you! that's my time zone too, no time travel here either. Perfecto!

Shoogoo

Since the game relies so much on hours, does it make more sense to just add people from your timezone? Does it adapt or something?

I'm new to AC, if you couldnt tell :I

Alex

4038-7456-8368

No time travel... that means skipping the clock ahead to do events or get stuff early? Yeah, I'm not doing that, go ahead and add. I'm GMT-7, or PST, if that helps.

I added Ferrio and Timetokill, I'll check up on some more tomorrow. Gotta sleep now.

Robin64

Don't forget you can also post on the Bulletin Board in other towns. So if you visit someone, leave a little message for them! It's always a fun treat walking past your board, seeing the little bird (or owl at night, now) showing there's a new message and having something from someone to read who went home hours ago.

Don't forget you can also post on the Bulletin Board in other towns. So if you visit someone, leave a little message for them! It's always a fun treat walking past your board, seeing the little bird (or now owl) showing there's a new message and having something from someone to read who went home hours ago.

ZTbf1eh.jpg

Well, the fact that they were product placement items in the first place kind of pays for them already I would think. It would be rather absurd to then charge for them in addition.

Always free. There will never be paid DLC for this game.

No paid DLC whatsoever in this game, they were free.

EDIT: With a sea bass...

Free. All DLC in this game is free.

edit: beaten to it!

Thanks guys. ;) You did good. I wasn't sure what to expect given recent DLC offerings for New Super Mario Bros. 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm guessing they made some kind of proper announcement?

SuperSah

Banned
Thanks guys. ;) You did good. I wasn't sure what to expect given recent DLC offerings for New Super Mario Bros. 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm guessing they made some kind of proper announcement?

Yeah, in the past they said they knew their DLC limits and knew all AC fans would be disappointed.

SodaBeam

Neo Member

3024-4831-6508

Should fit in nicely with the 3 towns called Arkadia or some variation on it.

Ferrio add me! I need more fgc gaf friend codes.

4227-1217-9117

Added you.
My FC is 4484-7795-6814

If anybody is looking for more, please add me!: 4596-9608-6492

I'm happy to add people who aren't going to time travel and are cool people :)

Added you! that's my time zone too, no time travel here either. Perfecto!

4038-7456-8368

No time travel... that means skipping the clock ahead to do events or get stuff early? Yeah, I'm not doing that, go ahead and add. I'm GMT-7, or PST, if that helps.

I added Ferrio and Timetokill, I'll check up on some more tomorrow. Gotta sleep now.

Got ya.

4081 - 5682 - 3874

(Anyone else should add me too.)

All added with no regards for timezones whatsoever :O (I'm GMT+1)

My friend code is 4038 - 6011 - 1358.

YodaJM

Neo Member
4038-7456-8368

Added you.
My FC is 4484-7795-6814

And I'm GMT-7 as well. If anyone else wants to add me feel free but PM, since any reply will get buried in this thread by the time I wake up ;)

Edit:
Got ya.

4081 - 5682 - 3874

(Anyone else should add me too.)

All added with no regards for timezones whatsoever :O (I'm GMT+1)

My friend code is 4038 - 6011 - 1358.

Added you 2.

And I'm out. Night CrossingGAF.

Don't forget you can also post on the Bulletin Board in other towns. So if you visit someone, leave a little message for them! It's always a fun treat walking past your board, seeing the little bird (or owl at night, now) showing there's a new message and having something from someone to read who went home hours ago.

It's good to know this feature is still in. It was fun checking the Bulletin Board to read the various messages from visitors and neighbours alike. Even more fun when there were clues concerning buried loot.

For anyone interested, here's the actual quote from Iwara regarding paid DLC in Animal Crossing:

However, we do not intend to make downloadable or add-on content available for every type of game. We would like to supply consumers with only add-on or downloadable content which they are happy to pay for as compensation for creative work. For example, some might say that it would be unbelievably profitable to provide paid add-on content for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," but we were concerned that a game in which you enjoy yourself more by the power of money would not be suitable, and we decided to avoid such a feature after an intensive discussion with the development team. On the other hand, we are selling sets of new courses for "New Super Mario Bros. 2" by download and obtaining a very good response from those who have actually bought and played them. We see vast potential in this sort of add-on content. In short, we would like to find the type of add-on content consumers will find enjoyable in each game. We intend to basically create add-on content with which we will be able to make long-term relationships with our consumers.

It's from an Investor Meeting Q&A.

Robin64

I wish loot would reset for multiple people to get. I want to put a prize at the end of my maze!

I'll be the prize!

The maze is going to be HELLA EXPENSIVE, isn't it? If one bush is even, like, 20,000 bell...

Edit: Oh, they're only 120 bell. I thought they were a PW, not an item you can just buy. So how do remove bushes? Can other people just pick them up?

For anyone interested, here's the actual quote from Iwara regarding paid DLC in Animal Crossing:

However, we do not intend to make downloadable or add-on content available for every type of game. We would like to supply consumers with only add-on or downloadable content which they are happy to pay for as compensation for creative work. For example, some might say that it would be unbelievably profitable to provide paid add-on content for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," but we were concerned that a game in which you enjoy yourself more by the power of money would not be suitable, and we decided to avoid such a feature after an intensive discussion with the development team. On the other hand, we are selling sets of new courses for "New Super Mario Bros. 2" by download and obtaining a very good response from those who have actually bought and played them. We see vast potential in this sort of add-on content. In short, we would like to find the type of add-on content consumers will find enjoyable in each game. We intend to basically create add-on content with which we will be able to make long-term relationships with our consumers.

It's from an Investor Meeting Q&A.

I love reading things like this. It's interesting to have such insight into the development process behind the game.

1MWaEhr.png

My body is ready! I'm going to trade in SC V for $6 and price match at best buy and get a copy for around $25 :) AC:WW was probably my most played DS game...played a ton with my best friend in 5th grade. I hope I'm not hyped over this solely for nostalgia hehe

I'll be the prize!

The maze is going to be HELLA EXPENSIVE, isn't it? If one bush is even, like, 20,000 bell...

Edit: Oh, they're only 120 bell. I thought they were a PW, not an item you can just buy. So how do remove bushes? Can other people just pick them up?

I think just a shovel can dig it up and kill it.

Sats

Banned
I'll be the prize!

Sweet prize <3

Labrys

I'll be the prize!

You use your shovel and dig them up, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom