• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I need to consider my funds before I put down an order for the nendo. I've managed to end up with a lot of purchases colliding in June.

Well this is like the first Nintendo Nendo (teehee) so if it does well we may see more in the future.

It doesn't come out until October anyway.

darklin0

Banned
I need to consider my funds before I put down an order for the nendo. I've managed to end up with a lot of purchases colliding in June.

Well this is like the first Nintendo Nendo (teehee) so if it does well we may see more in the future.
Yeah I heard it was. I would like to order but I am currently out of funds because I can't hold all of these games.
They need to do more merch of the regular villagers.

I want some figurine sets.

We need to be able to purchase a whole miniature town.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It doesn't come out until October anyway.
Yeah, but who knows what expenses I may have in October. All these June orders were made months in advance without giving it too much thought and now bam they are all here.

Robin64

They should definitely do a range of cheap figures. Just loads of them. And they could come with QR codes to get patterns for the unique outfits the villagers could be wearing.

SuperSah

Banned
How does everyone intend to spend their first day?

I'm just going to attempt to earn a lot of cash and i'll visit people's towns. I mean, over 80 friends! Guaranteed to be a open town :D!

Also, anymore people from Europe who hasn't added me, PM me.

Mael

GamePro - 70
For the gamer that likes to live double or triple lives, or for an original Animal Crossing fan, this is a game to pick up. However, for the gamer that demands fast-paced action, storyline, and an imperative need for an ending, this may not be the best game to play.

Did he review Uncharted saying that RTS fans may hate the game and put a 67 to go with it?

Robin64

Very casually exploring the town. Learning where the nooks and crannies are, seeing who I have living here, just generally visiting everything for the first time and saying hello. And then probably some relaxing sea shell collecting to make a few bell and buy whatever tool they have up that day.

Very casually exploring the town. Learning where the nooks and crannies are, seeing who I have living here, just generally visiting everything for the first time and saying hello. And then probably some relaxing sea shell collecting to make a few bell and buy whatever tool they have up that day.

Oh you.

I'm looking to purchase this game for my sister, of all things. She's a huge fan of Animal Crossing, and I'm glad to see that she'll be able to play Animal Crossing wherever she can go. I'm not that too into Animal Crossing as a gamer. Perhaps it's time to try it via the family Wii.

All these years the Wii has been in the living room, I've never sat to play the Wii, aside from very short sessions with Wii Sports.

I'm just going to attempt to earn a lot of cash and i'll visit people's towns. I mean, over 80 friends! Guaranteed to be a open town :D!

I will do everything. Really though, that question almost scares me. There are so many things I'll want to do! How will I ever choose what to do first?!?

Actually, I'll probably try to memorize my rocks ASAP for dat
gem rock
in the future. :)

Kouriozan

Dig up every fossil, find the money rock and open my town while I do stuff.
Also, I added you :)

Spades

I've never played an Animal Crossing game before but I am keen to make amends.

Will this be a good starting point, GAF?

MoonGred

I've been lurking this and the previous thread for ages now, and all of you got me so hyped up, I've never played an AC game before but it looks so amazing.
I had the opportunity to purchase AC City Folk for 9$AU, but passed since some of you didn't want to ruin the hype by playing the previous games, which is a stand I can agree with, I kinda regret not getting it now though =(.

OT: Just got approved, and first post had to be on AC, was actually stressing I would get approved when the game died.

SuperSah

Banned
I've been lurking this and the previous thread for ages now, and all of you got me so hyped up, I've never played an AC game before but it looks so amazing.
I had the opportunity to purchase AC City Folk for 9$AU, but passed since some of you didn't want to ruin the hype by playing the previous games, which is a stand I can agree with, I kinda regret not getting it now though =(.

OT: Just got approved, and first post had to be on AC, was actually stressing I would get approved when the game died.

Welcome:3.

I've never played an Animal Crossing game before but I am keen to make amends.

Will this be a good starting point, GAF?

It sure will be! There's really no bad starting point.

Some of us have some dislike for City Folk in here, but it's not really that the game is bad or anything, especially for a newcomer. (it's perfectly fine for that) It's more that it was just disappointing in terms of being lazy and offering few new features in comparison to the previous versions. At least, that's how I feel.

Congrats on approval. :)

Hah so many people are just getting approved then posting first in this thread! Yeah City Folk was okay, but New Leaf will be fantastic.

Robin64

The ability to just shut my 3DS up and open it again later to resume from where I was is godly.

Much improved over my City Folk ritual, which was: switch TV to correct channel, find Wiimote which has become hidden under a cushion, align sensor bar because it fell off, go through Wii's boot and channel selection, watch City Folk load, look at desert town and get depressed.

gerudoman

I'll probably try to get my house as soon as possible so I can enable StreetPass from the very first moment.

Then I'll probably pay a visit or two to the tropical island and try that online minigames, probably the feature I'm most excited about.

Much improved over my City Folk ritual, which was: switch TV to correct channel, find Wiimote which has become hidden under a cushion, align sensor bar because it fell off, go through Wii's boot and channel selection, watch City Folk load, look at desert town and get depressed.

That's so accurate to my City Folk experience, it hurts. :(

MoonGred

This might sound stupid, but is there a save anywhere function in AC?
Nothing is worse than commuting and not being able to save when you get to work.

Nothing is worse than commuting and not being able to save when you get to work.

Yeah, ever since the DS game. There wasn't in the Gamecube version, you had to go all the way back to your house. It's a real ballache.

Yes, you can save with Select or Start anytime you want. Even better, this version brings back the Save & Continue option which has been missing for a little while. (only in the GC game)

... I just realized I called 11 years "a little while".

rouken

planning out my town, talking to villagers, making money, also will socialize with gaf. it will be a special day :)

Kouriozan

The ability to just shut my 3DS up and open it again later to resume from where I was is godly.

Also, the grass worn down little more everytime you boot up your town :mad:

MoonGred

All this talk about grass wear, other people ruining your town, etc is making me very paranoid. I'd hate to turn into a person who follows his guests around haha

Yes, you can save with Select or Start anytime you want. Even better, this version brings back the Save & Continue option which has been missing for a little while. (only in the GC game)

... I just realized I called 11 years "a little while".

But you did have to go all the way back to your Gyroid buddy to Save & Continue. That's pretty cool though, I think with the original DS I often accidentally hit the "power" button, being right above the D-Pad. A Save & Continue function on Wild World would have probably made that sting less >.<

As someone who stopped paying attention after the GC/DS animal crossing games, what does this game have that the ones in my collection don't?

There's a list of new features in the OP, but most prominently the "hook" of this one is that you are The Mayor of the town, meaning you can build community projects, and overall have more things to do. They've just added so many little additions, like being able to choose your town layout and where your house is, that it just all equals a much richer gaming experience.

How many villagers can be in your town at a time?

In NL, 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom