• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody_D165

Banned
Well, I tried it again with a second villager.

Nintendo refuses to let me change the catchphrases to "pingas."

They actually censored "pingas."

ameleco

Nice!

Sorry to those who didn't make it. I'm sure there will be another great price later this week!

Now comes the town clean up. So much stuff everywhere

Haha thanks again! I tried so hard not to trample your flowers. I was the guy that dropped off 800k? I think. Had on the same hat as you :)

Inside a campsite tent:
999330_627762497236264_230374216_n.jpg

I rather like this angle:
1013386_627762500569597_647066015_n.jpg

Discovered you can put a pattern on a wall. Here's the Ralik Town Flag:
1010728_627762517236262_999154706_n.jpg

My house during Ralik's first thunderstorm:
1003810_627762527236261_119598178_n.jpg

First completed dinosaur:
1001795_627762533902927_534364724_n.jpg

5843_627762550569592_1616345108_n.jpg

Bullza2o

Aw man, so I paid my 10k down payment, and now I have to wait until tomorrow to continue?

And I had to wait 8 days for it to be delivered...

Having this many bells feels REALLY overpowered now that I've streetpassed with four workmates and this one Japanese tourist who has an absolutely ridiculous house filled with ALL the things. Since I can order from the catalog anything I want, I feel like I have access to almost any furniture I would want at this point.

It's a shame that I cannot order paintings, though. I need a real painting very badly, so I can get Museum Level 2.

Raptomex

With the price of house upgrades and public works, it almost feels necessary.
I don't think I ever hit 1 million Bells in WW or CF so this is exciting for me.
New Leaf is like NSMB2. All about the money.
Thanks to the island. Palm tree beetles start from 6000 on up. I've never had this much money in the bank in any of the games. I remember it taking forever to pay off the house loans in City Folk. I got 6 mil now and I just have to finish expanding all my rooms.

one_kill

Aw man, so I paid my 10k down payment, and now I have to wait until tomorrow to continue?

And I had to wait 8 days for it to be delivered...
Part of the joy of playing AC is looking forward to something the next day. The game is all about collecting and town building, but it's also about being patient. Spend time collecting bugs, fishes, sea shells, and get bells.

You can also try to get into other towns by talking to people here. :D

Fey

Banned
Having that many bells this early on seems like it'd kinda ruin the game. =/

Doesn't feel that way at all to me. In the other AC games, I always felt that upgrading your house was the first and foremost goal, and it barred me from doing any of the other stuff, and it often got tiring/annoying trying to pay off your debts.

Now that it's easier to get bells, paying off my debt and upgrading the house doesn't feel so annoying. I can put more focus on designing the town, my player, my house, collecting, etc., instead of spending so much time simply trying to collect bells.

zroid

Banned
Here's the list of customizable furniture. You can change the color any time, but it takes 30 minutes and a new ore. :]

Made myself a Sapphire Piggy Bank! So shiny...

Also remember to save your Gold Nuggets. Three of those and 10k gets you a piece of Gold Furniture!

Ahh I get it now. Thanks. :)

Not green furniture in general, but literal Green Furniture. From the green series.

I wish it extended more and I'm still learning the constraints of gem customization myself.

Cool, looks like I can use it on my Green Lamp!

Sanic

I find it weird when people just come in and ask for your Friend Code out of nowhere on the online island (worldwide mode). I just told somebody I didn't have any room left in my list even if it's not true, but I mean I didn't even know this guy's name so...

What..there's an online feature where you can match up with randoms? Searching isn't revealing much.

I know this was inevitable, but... I'm having so much fun with this game! WW and CF failed to capture the fun I had with the original, but this one certainly has a chance!

Grizzo

What..there's an online feature where you can match up with randoms? Searching isn't revealing much.

You have to become a member of Club Tortimer (it's a piece of paper available on the island for 50 medals, might take a few days to show up). Then you can choose to go on the island by yourself (so offline) or with strangers, and choose if you want to go with people from your country or worldwide.

But I don't like that much for now. Everytime I go there, the person who was already there leaves or doesn't answer. And you get interrupted everytime somebody is coming/leaving. That's annoying.

The Boat

Having that many bells this early on seems like it'd kinda ruin the game. =/

You only have that many Bells if you want to. I've had the game for a month and I've decided to take it slow, so I'm not abusing any method to get Bells and I'm also not playing 12 hours a day, so I don't have all that much money. Only had one house upgrade, not a lot of constructions and the Dream thing took ages to pay off. Feels much better playing like this.

Markun

tumblr_mom5vfosjL1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

My fortune today. I got a Varia suit from it!

tumblr_mom5t6f73P1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

This is my house right now. Still a WIP, but I like it considering I'm using whatever I find and I like.

tumblr_mom5u9LtqX1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

*Reading Hammerhead Shark description*
Welp, my museum Ray had a nice life, I guess.

tumblr_mom5wyKR9r1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

>Questions sanity of person who moves in summer.
>Moved into my town two days ago.
U so silly, Tammy.

tumblr_mom5yeXnV51sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

I just liked this joke.

I also set my Town Tune to the Blue Badger theme. Now all I need is an actual blue badger villager and have everyone in my town learn the Blue Badger dance and I'm set for life.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So should this work for an orchard?

gdYqGwM.jpg

Bullza2o

Part of the joy of playing AC is looking forward to something the next day. The game is all about collecting and town building, but it's also about being patient. Spend time collecting bugs, fishes, sea shells, and get bells.

You can also try to get into other towns by talking to people here. :D

I tried going to a random town today, but there weren't any available in the list of "faraway" towns. Do I have to go further in the game before I can visit other people?

tumblr_mom5yeXnV51sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

I just liked this joke.

I also set my Town Tune to the Blue Badger theme. Now all I need is an actual blue badger villager and have everyone in my town the Blue Badger dance and I'm set for life.

Did I completely ignore this when I caught an octopus? This is brilliant!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yes, perfect - also make sure none of those holes are next to a rock, building, another tree, a body of water, or a cliff.

Also, screenshots with L + R :)
Is there a way to upload images directly from the 3DS?

RawNuts

"Thanks for getting that flea off me and stopping my itch. As a reward please enjoy that free flea!"

lolz.
My favorite is along the lines of, "thanks for getting that flea off of me".

Then the conversation right after, "so I heard you have a flea, that is just what I always wanted, I'll give you my _____ for it".

Socreges

Banned
Code:
T-T-T-T-T
---------
-T-T-T-T-
---------
T-T-T-T-T
---------
-T-T-T-T-
and so on. Act as if you're planting them in a grid, one space apart. Then, stagger each row by 1.
Whaaat. So you can have a row of trees that are just one space apart? That changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom