• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

iq3s0xPG37LKv.JPG

Is it just me or does i.nintendo.net just not work. I'm from the Netherlands if it makes any difference.
I'm from Denmark and I have zero issues. I upload them to my tumblr

]Has anyone caught a snail yet? I looked on every flower several times a day these last rainy days. Nothing. [/B]

I still haven't seen a Tarantula either.

And I accidentally sold the Giant stag I just caught on the island... Oh mannnnn

I think these (and the peacock butterfly) are the only ones I need for now

Also Muffy has fleas. Again. Urgh. Move out already!

Snails only appear on bushes now it seems. Planted a hibiscus the other day and one showed up the other day when it was raining.

UberTag

Has anyone caught a snail yet? I looked on every flower several times a day these last rainy days. Nothing.
You need bushes/shrubs in order for snails to show up. Can only get those from the Island or the Garden Center.

I believe I've seen 4 now. It's still proving elusive. Been bitten 3 times now.

And I accidentally sold the Giant stag I just caught on the island... Oh mannnnn
Hopefully people don't chop down their middle trees on the Island before getting one of those.[/QUOTE]

Linius

Snails only appear on bushes now it seems. Planted a hibiscus the other day and one showed up the other day when it was raining.

It must be raining in order for them to pop up on bushes. Good to know they only appear in may and june, better buy some bushes next week to catch a snail :p

EDIT

Oh nvm, they're still around till september.

MicH

Ooooohhh!!! That's why I haven't found one! THANK YOU!

Linius - do you want my harp for your music room? It's free if you want it

afoni

Banned
Says you. I've got plenty to do.
Going to catch a Napoleonfish and Giant Snakehead for lucky bonus HHA points.
Scooped up some purple violets from the Island last night so I can finally bag that Peacock Butterfly.
Hoping the Silver Axe shows up today so I can chop down a tree and score that Violin Beetle and put myself in position to have all of June's critters in the museum by early next week.

To that end, I scored a Wet Suit last night so have diving opportunities around my village now and there are even unique bugs and fish to capture in various Island tours. Bagged a Banded Dragonfly last night during a Scavenger Hunt and those aren't supposed to be available until next month in the village and not found on the Island at all.

I just want a street lamp. I can't have one now.

Tash

You need bushes/shrubs in order for snails to show up. Can only get those from the Island or the Garden Center.

I believe I've seen 4 now. It's still proving elusive. Been bitten 3 times now.

Hopefully people don't chop down their middle trees on the Island before getting one of those.

Why would you want to chop down trees on the island anyway? or borrow a shovel? Are there special bugs INSIDE the tree trunks?

Linius

Ooooohhh!!! That's why I haven't found one! THANK YOU!

Linius - do you want my harp for your music room? It's free if you want it

Oh, that would be cool! Could you hold on to it till next week? I'm about to leave for a festival any moment now.

Has anyone caught a snail yet? I looked on every flower several times a day these last rainy days. Nothing.

I think these (and the peacock butterfly) are the only ones I need for now

Also Muffy has fleas. Again. Urgh. Move out already!

You want a giant stag? I think I have one in my bag.

Can any of the island fruit be grown on the main land? I just entered a mini game and there are even more types of fruit over my normal island. Crazy!

UberTag

Why would you want to chop down trees on the island anyway? or borrow a shovel? Are there special bugs INSIDE the tree trunks?
Certain bugs only show up on stumps.

The Longhorn Beetle will show up on any island stumps but you'll need to take a Silver Axe from the Island or buy one elsewhere and take it to your village in order to get the Violin Beetle. And if you don't get one before the end of the month, you'll have to wait until September before they show up again.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Can any of the island fruit be grown on the main land? I just entered a mini game and there are even more types of fruit over my normal island. Crazy!

I took home some magoes and coconuts and they seem to be growing okay.

Coconuts have to be planted on the sand though.

Linius

The Longhorn Beetle will show up on any island stumps but you'll need to take a Silver Axe from the Island or buy one elsewhere and take it to your village in order to get the Violin Beetle. And if you don't get one before the end of the month, you'll have to wait until September before they show up again.

I was so happy with those silver axes, caught multiple Violin beetles already. Some how it seems fitting to have one as a pet in my music room.

Kreven

Thx, been looking for one since I started. All the floating balloons...

You can hit a few balloons with your net once they start lowering from the town to the beach on the right/left side of your town. I popped a handful of them this way before getting my slingshot.

It's kinda cool that the clocks in the game show the actual time. Bought the game when it launched in Japan, but never noticed it until now. I like those details.

beta_fuse

Will the longhorn beetle appear on palm tree stumps too? I cut down all of my lychee trees and removed the stumps :/

UberTag

Is there an end goal or reward to playing supermarket with Leila/Little Kappn on the island or am I just wasting my time?
I only use her when I'm clearing out space from my Island stash because I've scored something else I need to make space for (flowers, fruit, medal prizes, beetles, sharks, etc.)

I can't believe its freaken raining on the island on summer sol.. I just think Isabelle just wants you in town during her sunny holiday :(
Just a tip: this probably means we can get snails on the island today provided you haven't dug up your island bushes. (Which I sadly did last night). :(
Good thing I have a Club Tortimer ticket so I should still be able to access snails there.

Dragnet

Shutter shades? Pssh!

Does anyone need any fruit? I've just had a good harvest, got Peaches, Perfect Peaches, Pears, Apples, Cherries, Durians and Bananas. PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom