• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
iq3s0xPG37LKv.JPG

Is it just me or does i.nintendo.net just not work. I'm from the Netherlands if it makes any difference.

Netherlands here too; doesn't work for me. I just use the web browser and email them to myself using gmail.

Forkball

Will night insects still show up like moths after 7, or need to wait until tomorrow?

Probably have to wait, not sure if it's night at the island. It's cool that villagers mention it's solstice if you talk to them, you get Kanye West sunglasses, and a cute board cut out to play with for the day.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally got my 3DS back after not having it for around 2 months since I had let my dad borrow it to play Tetris on a trip he had gone on. Once I got it back I put in 25$ into my EShop account so that I would have enough to pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns but then I saw that Animal Crossing was the same price and after 5 hours of deliberation, I went with Animal Crossing since I've never played a game in the series before and was very curious.

I must say that I'm completely in love with this style of game so far after 3 hours of playtime and just getting my down payment down. So I see a lot of discussion about friend codes and meeting other players and such and was wondering how I could start to meet friends and such in Animal Crossing.

-Mayor of Yeeville

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I must say that I'm completely in love with this style of game so far after 3 hours of playtime and just getting my down payment down. So I see a lot of discussion about friend codes and meeting other players and such and was wondering how I could start to meet friends and such in Animal Crossing.

-Mayor of Yeeville

Hi! You should start with adding your 3DS friend code to the google doc what you'll find linked in OP if you quote it. It could be an idea to look for people in about the similar time zone, but no must.

Otherwise, there are probably hundreds of friend codes in the thread, so just PM those you want to add. After that, you make the in-game arrangements at the train station.

You could start with me! 3652-1612-6002 I'm in EU at GMT+1

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there a limit to how many trees you can plant per day, or have in a specific location, or have in your whole town?

I did this configuration:

X_X_X_X_X_X

But some of them randomly keep dying on day two. Any ideas?

1st cookie: Oh great ANOTHER fire bar. Didn't know I could get duplicates.
2nd cookie: A MOTHER FUCKING METROID

I'll buy that Metroid off of you.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
WOW. You can only play four gyroids at a time!? What kind of bullshit is that. Didn't the GameCube version let you play as many as you wanted?

So thanks to GAF's help in this thread yesterday I was able to solve my island dilemma. So I now have two palm trees growing so soon I should be able to rake in the money. Good thing as all the projects and house upgrades are really starting to cost a bundle.

Nooks upgrade should be open today, can't wait to have two fortune cookies each day. I am hoping Kicks will be getting worked on today. I have been buying like mad to get them to open it.

ramyeon

Netherlands here too; doesn't work for me. I just use the web browser and email them to myself using gmail.
I'm from Australia but it didn't work for me until I manually changed my DNS server to Google's public sever. I put...

Primary DNS: 008.008.008.008
Secondary DNS: 008.008.004.004

Now it works fine, maybe give that a shot?

Also it's now 11PM and still light out... so weird :0

Dacvak

beta_fuse

Awwww yeah just got word that my Club LOL is going to be built soon. I've been waiting for that to open:p Can't wait to get my groove on with DJ K.K during the week and K.K Slider on Saturdays.

Can't get the '_The Cloud' thingy working so I could get my clock. :(

Could it be cause I'm playing a NZ/Aus copy of the game? I just assumed it would be the same as Euro and work.

I get the 3DS to say 'Connected to a Nintendo Zone' thing but in AC it just says can't connect to access point.

Edit: Got it working, deleted my old connection in the actual 3DS Internet settings and added a new one under the _The Cloud name to begin with.

MicH

Just planted a shit ton if bushes! Heck yeah! My island is selling bushes today and I already had 25 or so, so I'm gonna keep buying them. Needs mah bushes!

Forkball

"Activate". Whatever. If you press A next to a gyroid, they activate and make noise.

Yeah, this kinda ruins my creepy gyroid basement.

I upgraded my upstairs game room to 6x6 and man, it looks so much better now. I strongly prefer upgrading rooms instead of adding new ones. You can do so much more with one big room than a bunch of tiny rooms.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm from Australia but it didn't work for me until I manually changed my DNS server to Google's public sever. I put...

Primary DNS: 008.008.008.008
Secondary DNS: 008.008.004.004

Now it works fine, maybe give that a shot?

Also it's now 11PM and still light out... so weird :0

Well, initially I had dns issues. Couldn't resolve it even on my desktop pc, so used a dns resolver on the web and used the ip. I could connect, but the 3ds web browser just craps out a lot when going through tumblr (or just about any other site really).

Gurrry

The fortune teller told me to goto a store before it opened and buy a ladies accessory.

How do I get in the store if they arent open?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My turnip prices were like 480 yesterday morning.

But I didn't buy turnips on Sunday, and when I checked the price it was like five minutes before the price was due to change for the day, so there wasn't time to hop on GAF and invite people in. =/

Dacvak

Is there a limit to how many trees you can plant per day, or have in a specific location, or have in your whole town?

I did this configuration:

X_X_X_X_X_X

But some of them randomly keep dying on day two. Any ideas?

Anyone know?

ramyeon

Well, initially I had dns issues. Couldn't resolve it even on my desktop pc, so used a dns resolver on the web and used the ip. I could connect, but the 3ds web browser just craps out a lot when going through tumblr (or just about any other site really).
That's really weird. I couldn't get tumblr to work on my 3DS though if that means anything. I use Twitter and it runs a charm. Before changing my DNS it wouldn't even connect to the i.nintendo site :/

Dacvak

Maybe they're close to another edge or something? Which ones are dying? Each tree should not touch anything horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.

None of them are touching anything. They're all spaced the same, but even ones in the middle are dying. There's no difference in how they're laid out between the ones that are dying and the ones that are living.

Totakeke

What trees are you planting?

I did similar layouts for fruit trees up until like 8 of them and never had any issues. Maybe too many trees?

Will night insects still show up like moths after 7, or need to wait until tomorrow?
Probably have to wait, not sure if it's night at the island. It's cool that villagers mention it's solstice if you talk to them, you get Kanye West sunglasses, and a cute board cut out to play with for the day.

It's currently about 11:00 p.m. where I live...
tumblr_moquyeaHXe1swirxlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_moquzgsPlv1swirxlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_moqv0d7MHc1swirxlo1_400.jpg
Night insects should still show up eventually.

Also note that night falls normally on the island still.

bitoriginal

So I'm totally missing the point. I've never played an Animal Crossing title before so excuse my ignorance, but what the fuck do I do? I'm waiting for my house to be built, and I've spoken to all the villagers, and the woman in the town hall has explained some stuff to me, now what? How do I make it daytime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom