• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I have a better idea. If someone here would be willing to lend me their carnation, I would be happy to breed as many as I can and distribute them to those who want them. I know alot of people missed out on a letter from Dad, for whatever reason, so I would be happy to do what I could to help. It just takes two carnations to get started, and no-one here has two....yet.

Man, I wish I hadn't stomped on mine. I would have totally gave one for someone to breed otherwise. I was just in too much of a hurry to get to the museum and totally forgot where I planted it.

I have a better idea. If someone here would be willing to lend me their carnation, I would be happy to breed as many as I can and distribute them to those who want them. I know alot of people missed out on a letter from Dad, for whatever reason, so I would be happy to do what I could to help. It just takes two carnations to get started, and no-one here has two....yet.

What?! there was a fathers day promotion? How did I not hear about this!?

Was it NA only?

Robin64

Yeah, all my old villagers are still here, and none of my stores have updated, I just hope this doesn't have negative effects going forward.

You'll also have a metric boatload of message from the future on your bulletin board.

TTing is evil.

Betty

Banned
You'll also have a metric boatload of message from the future on your bulletin board.

TTing is evil.

I only had 5 messages, all of which I deleted. The new villager also says she's only been here a few days and my town tree hasn't changed at all. Maybe it wasn't as severe as I'd feared, I hope anyway.

But yeah, TTing just feels gross.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just plopped the carnation into the giant garden in front of my home, I don't even think it looks all that nice, the stems are too thin.

yami4ct

It will, unless you fancy donating it temporarily to Chopper's Carnation Breeding Effort... ;)

If you can't find one, I'll see if I can't find someone willing to trade their's for a crap load of fruit and maybe some nice items in a few days. If I get one, I'll get it right to you.

I just plopped the carnation into the giant garden in front of my home, I don't even think it looks all that nice, the stems are too thin.

If you don't like it that much, might you be willing to trade it to me? If so what are you looking for?

Chopper

Yes, but you can breed them and get a pink one and then you can breed white ones. Don't you seeeee?!

If you can't find one, I'll see if I can't find someone willing to trade their's for a crap load of fruit and maybe some nice items in a few days. If I get one, I'll get it right to you.
Nice. Let me know,

Shiggie

Guys I need more AC friends.
PM me if you add me.
c4h1Fd2.jpg

Danielsan

Spend today fishing for sharks. Caught a big one! :)

9KNdZct.jpg

z29A0ES.jpg

ndce9JB.jpg

UWd95zz.jpg

Also got my fishing badge!

8VNciC1.jpg

I really wish I had some more people on my friends list so that I could actually make use of the online features. If anyone want to add me, shoot me a PM with your friend code.
Mine is: 0232 - 8064 - 7728

MicH

I think the blue Spotpass orb over the game icon means that someone visited your town in the Dream Suite.

I think I've been to a town with 10 villagers and a campsite, so the campsite doesn't become the 10th house. Does that mean that if you have 10 villagers, the campsite becomes useless?
A camp site villager does move in on a different spot. The camp site remains and you can still have new campers appearing (though they can't move in if your town is full).

I had Cesar move in from the camp site

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Here's basically my day today...

My lovely time with Eugene.
HAN9XYw.jpg

Getting screwed over by Summer Solstice.
ACafoth.jpg

Eugene getting a bit too lovely.
o31ipdp.jpg

Hmm, well...
qVeM8BH.jpg

You're supposed to do this now.
ZENBJ6s.jpg

Watching a Smash Bros reveal.
hUYi6vF.jpg

Roto13

So... I think I may have just ruined my village.

This japanese player wanted me to set my date to December 12 for an event, I asked if it would affect my town and he said it would be okay.

Welp, he was wrong.

All my flowers are dead, I have a new villager I've never seen before, and basically everything 'feels' out of whack, and I'm more than a little devastated.

So, have I pretty much screwed up my town forever? The idea of starting over is kinda... horrible.

Will setting the date back to today and just continuing be fine?

You've let all of your flowers die and I'm sure there's weeds everywhere and that villager's never coming back, but you can set the clock back and plant new flowers and pull the weeds and a new villager will move in to replace the one that left. It's not the end of the world.

The moral of the story is: Don't time travel.

I only had 5 messages, all of which I deleted. The new villager also says she's only been here a few days and my town tree hasn't changed at all. Maybe it wasn't as severe as I'd feared, I hope anyway.

But yeah, TTing just feels gross.

The tree actually has as much to do with how much time you've played as it does with how long it has been since it was planted. Just time travelling will not make it grow. You also have to play for like 500 hours. :p

Betty

Banned
The moral of the story is: Don't time travel.

Basically this, it ruins the real time progression feel of the game.

Roto said:
The tree actually has as much to do with how much time you've played as it does with how long it has been since it was planted. Just time travelling will not make it grow. You also have to play for like 500 hours. :p

That sounds insane, but I can easily see people reaching that within months.

MicH

Good day so far. I wanted to catch a Tarantula today but no luck so far :/ I've seen two; the first one disappeared, the second bit me.

The first thing I saw this morning was, that Cesar was moving in. I convinced him to move in from the camp site, and he was a little nervous that I backpedaled on that.

tumblr_moqpa3yNUr1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Don't worry, Cear, I like you! AND you chose a very nice place to settle down (for once in this village). Thank you!

I met Phineas who gave me a lot more medals than last time. I got Good Host, Insect Maniac, Bronze Medalist, Gardener, Skilled Saver and Village Representative. Very good!

tumblr_moqp8dGxLS1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I think we all know why I got this one

Snake gave me a toilet today. Ehh, okay Snake.

tumblr_moqpawrDjw1svgayqo1_400.jpg

What are you implying, Snake? I haven't used yours!

And Rodney FINALLY gave up the tight grasp on his beloved Arcade Machine. THANK YOU RODNEY

tumblr_morjl7M1HS1svgayqo1_400.jpg

About damn time!

I got me loads of hybrids again today - three in total yet again!

tumblr_moqp7kbScs1svgayqo1_400.jpg

A pink cosmos

tumblr_moqp97Lt9N1svgayqo1_400.jpg

And TWO orange roses! The bottom one is from yesterday. I'm having great luck with roses so far!

You may know that I want Muffy out of my town. So I spent some time pushing her around and smacking her with my net today. She finally had enough.

tumblr_morjjfwNiw1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Get out! OUT OUT OUT!

And look who was open! Unfortunately, Resetti just told me to scram. Maybe some other time.

tumblr_morjkeEmoM1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Villagers have been planting flowers like crazy past few days, that or my flowers are spawning like crazy right now.

Also still yet to catch a Tarantula : ( I'm at least brave enough to go near one now but saw one by surprise (the sunlight threw me off brah) - oh well...

yami4ct

Yup. Got it right now. Placed right next to my other one. Now we play the waiting game...

It's a little early for this, I know, but if once you get another pair, I'd totally be up for starting another Carnation farm to help folks out. I'm online most of the time anyway and have zero issues keeping up with my flowers. It'd speed things up to have 2+ towns working on the project.

Wait, if you pick and set aside all your other garden flowers, doesn't that near guarantee only the carnations will use your flower spawns for the day? New to AC, but that seems to be how it works. At the beginning of my village, when I only had one pair of flowers, they were the only ones to spread and they spread every day.

Basically this, it ruins the real time progression feel of the game.

That sounds insane, but I can easily see people reaching that within months.

I really wanted the Ice series before the game launched, and was sorta willing to set the time on startup to december. But on launching the game, I knew I couldn't do such a thing.

MicH

Villagers have been planting flowers like crazy past few days, that or my flowers are spawning like crazy right now.

Also still yet to catch a Tarantula : ( I'm at least brave enough to go near one now but saw one by surprise (the sunlight threw me off brah) - oh well...
My villagers keep planting tulips and I already have a TON of tulips. I don't even know where to plant them anymore, so I have started a separate tulip bed using just the flowers they keep planting, lol.

You actually get to see them plant them. The good thing ist hat they always plant them near other flowers of the same type - ie they always plant the tulips in my big tulip flower bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom