• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

tumblr_moro07IhQS1svi1gfo1_400.jpg

My house and the flower garden.

tumblr_mornz8BWb01svi1gfo1_400.jpg

My new pet shark.

This weekend should be fun. Kicks opens tomorrow and T&T Mart opens on Sunday. Cyrus also just woke up, so now I can start customizing my furniture.

UberTag

For those of you looking to get a jump start on July / August bugs and fish capturing, I can confirm that the Elite Scavenger hunt (and probably the others) appear to be taking place in the daytime a month in the future.

I've successfully caught a Banded Dragonfly and now a Sweetfish. Neither one of which is in season until next month.

Beyond that, the Sweetfish is one of June's HHA bonus items. Stick it in your house for an extra 7,777 HHA points. You can do the same with Napoleonfish (available on the island proper) and Giant Snakehead and you can consider that an extra 23,331 HHA points on your next 6am assessment.

That will help to take the sting out of Dad not sending you a red carnation on Father's Day (mine ignored me).

Now I'm going cicada hunting in the other Island tours to see if I can boost that bonus even higher.

Just a heads up for those that don't know, after midnight Isabelle moves back into the Town Hall. If you talk to her and start a public work then, provided it's fully funded, it'll be finished by the following morning (same day it was started). So it is possible to not lose a day creating public works due to the Solstice.
Pic related; it's my new video screen I commissioned at 1:00 a.m. this morning, already finished!
tumblr_morqu6qYoj1swirxlo1_400.jpg

yami4ct

I hate being that guy, as this question has had to be asked a billion times, but I just got the QR Code machine. I know of QR Crossing for codes, but I know there's also a Japanese site with more stuff that's been posted here a few times. I just can't for the life of me find the damn thing. Looked over google and forum search, but no luck. Can anyone drop me a link? Thanks!

Totakeke

Just a heads up for those that don't know, after midnight Isabelle moves back into the Town Hall. If you talk to her and start a public work then, provided it's fully funded, it'll be finished by the following morning (same day it was started). So it is possible to not lose a day creating public works due to the Solstice.
Pic related; it's my new video screen I commissioned at 1:00 a.m. this morning, already finished!

I thought it was after 1am. But yeah, she does go back eventually.

Does the image on the video screen change at all? Can you put your own pattern on it?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Wouldn't this game be perfect for an MMO? aside for the fact that it is on portable consoles for a reason.

I guess it's like an mmo for people who dont mmo.

Tenck

Wouldn't this game be perfect for an MMO? aside for the fact that it is on portable consoles for a reason.

I doubt it. You need constant interaction with people. I don't want people running through my flowers and plucking my fruit. Fishing and bug catching would get boring after a while too. It's the perfect game when you need some alone time. To me the MP is the added bonus I'll probably not be using much.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Because I really wanted it and I didn't see the QR code get posted, I recreated it.

Here y'all go. (They wouldnt let me name it "Hospice")

tumblr_mors17noI61r7j2ulo1_400.jpg

zigg

I kinda like having my own personal town that I can bring anywhere and play offline, etc.

I don't really do much with the online component, really. But it would benefit from some more connectivity features, like being able to mail letters to your friends from your own post office (which actually WORKED in City Folk!) and maybe having Joan upgrade to a stockbroker who can sell in your friends' towns for you :D

SmithnCo

Nice tip. I'll definitely be doing that.

zroid

Banned

I'm not so sure -- it's a very social game, but it's also very personal. If everything were open like an MMO, things could get frustrating rather quickly. There's certainly room for improving the online connectivity, however; but turning the game into an MMO probably isn't the right approach.

tumblr_morqw53xeR1stdouno1_400.jpg

I had a heart attack when I saw that thing! It literally sat there and stared at me for a minute!

tumblr_morrxcitW81stdouno1_400.jpg

Now do I sale it or put it in the museum...

In a highly unsettling attempt to emulate acceptability, Winnie has begun wearing Sparro's clothes and using Jeremiah's catchphrase. It's only a matter of time before she starts wearing Static's face as a mask.

Berordn

Would be cool if there was an Animal Crossing mall that could accommodate dozens of players.

I kind of expected The City to be this, and was really disappointed when it ended up being a whole lot of nothing.

I'd like to see them revisit the idea anyway. An massive online hub where you storm the designer store on a sale day to snap up the deals would be kind of cool.

There's no point in hunting for them. Just wait until you see one and then try to catch it.

Except I absolutely HATE roaming around the town at night. Like I said, saving them both for last is for the best. Worked last time in City Folk, it will work here again

I kind of expected The City to be this, and was really disappointed when it ended up being a whole lot of nothing.

I'd like to see them revisit the idea anyway. An massive online hub where you storm the designer store on a sale day to snap up the deals would be kind of cool.

I imagine they can expand and improve upon the social aspect without compromising the personal, offline fundamental experience. Something like a city or "middle-town" that can accommodate more than 4 players would be welcomed I'd say. You could connect to a certain location and go shopping or play mini-games with people, but nobody visits anyone's village unless they become friends and open their gates. I just think it'd be really cool to see 4-10 people browsing for furniture or clothing in one place (in a game because it's not very cool IRL)

Animekatt

Scorpion's coming up next, baby!

(I saw a tarantula first day in NL, but wasn't quick enough. Haven't seen one since... augh.)

Same as me... I will get him...

I really hate those Oak Silk Moths that are usually on trees at night. They are so large and ugly. ; ;

Totakeke

I think Club Tortimer is great and is much better than having a ton of people online together. Getting a bunch of people online together looks cool, but it doesn't really do much for the gameplay. Being around with random strangers on an island with nothing much to do but talk to each other and play some minigames however, is more in the spirit in AC and it's awesome even when you can't communicate with each other.

All these tarantula stories make me glad I caught the first one I saw.
It was just chillin' outside of Re-Tail and I pulled out my net and nabbed it.
I've seen three since and they've chased me screaming across town, though.

Alec

JefffN on Reddit wrote a program to convert image files to AC QR codes. It's hosted on MediaFire (blocked here at my work). Would someone mind downloading it and re-hosting it somewhere else? (Maybe MEGA?)

Link.

Today was a good day, new Nookling Mart opened and now Kicks is being built. The QR code machine is now available as well. Caught a few sharks too randomly.

Also designed my first shirt. It is a plaid pattern that matches what my car has for the seats. Love it! It was fun to do too so I plan to do another tonight if I have time.

This game....

After doing the expert scavenger hunt tour I can't imagine doing anything else if you wanted island medals. Save the other tours for if you just wanted to have some fun with buddies.

SmithnCo

After doing the expert scavenger hunt tour I can't imagine doing anything else if you wanted island medals. Save the other tours for if you just wanted to have some fun with buddies.

Yeah. Expert Scavenger is the way to go for medals. I get 16 per play with Bell Boom in effect, and it only takes 1-2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom