• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Is there a way to change your name in the game?

I wanted to change it from my first name to my last name... Or do I need to start all over again?

Today was a crazy busy day.

I meet three gaffers and got all the other types of town fruit and i finally learned up on how to get the other island fruits through tours.

That and reading about how to get mushrooms/special flowers, and more opened my mind and involved a shit loading of planting.

I cant wait until everything blooms. All those new trees are going to make fossil hunting a bitch though. Its a good problem to have though because if i didnt get 2 axes from other gaffers, i couldnt of done half the things i did which will pay out big in a couple days.

Dam those axes and their frailness.

suzu

So I can use QR codes now but how the heck do I make the item out of them? I found a shirt I liked online and use the sewing machine to take the QR pictures but can't figure out what I do next to make the shirt.

Open the patterns tab and click on the pattern you want to wear.

jerd

Just bought my girlfriend this game and a pink and white XL. We're absolutely in love with it. But... since it was a gift to her, I let her be the mayor and... she's a time traveler :(

Ok I figured out how to use that QR tool thing that Alec linked to where you don't need to talk to Sabel Able with every character you want to store designs on.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4hapxgb3hxh9ow/Version_0.2.zip

So you create a QR code of one of your own designs (don't do clothing so its easier) using the QR machine. It can't be a pro design so in order to turn a pro design into a non-pro design you edit it. Then upload the image to the internets. Save the image to your computer. Then load the image using the tool and it will have all your town info and such loaded in as well. Click "save as default" so it saves that information.

Then you can do the same for any QR code image, and just "load default" so it rewrites the code to think it belongs to you. Then you generate the QR code and use the in-game machine to scan it. It will think the design is yours and allows you to display it in the store so the other characters can nab it. Naturally you shouldn't use this to plagiarize...be nice.

That's just in addition to the other stuff that tool does of course.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just bought my girlfriend this game and a pink and white XL. We're absolutely in love with it. But... since it was a gift to her, I let her be the mayor and... she's a time traveler :(

You should tell her not to do that. It ruins the game. Tell her all the side effects.

Soulmate

Banned
So sorry. Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Just time travel, and don't hesitate asking gaf for some things you need. If you get your town back up, let me know. I'll bring a big set of starter fruit over.

thanks for the help, I'll let you know.

When did you get the game? Go back to that day and just grind. Second time usually ends up looking better than the first time in my experience. I did that in Wild World a few times.

OT: New Gaf looks good.

eShop midnight launch.
Okay I'll do that and yeah I guess I'll try to get my favorite villager this time (Margie)

Today was definitely a boring day as far as Animal Crossing is concerned. I don't like how a calendar event prevents you from working on your public work projects. Isabelle should have an assistant to help you out with that stuff while she's busy tending to the town events. Oh well. Still got all my daily stuff done, and I even earned a badge from Phineas today. Lovely.

A second elephant moved into town: Axel. I don't like the elephants so much. Him and Dizzy actually kind of annoy me.

Seriously, it diminishes all the joy from the game.

Yea just read this

Can't say I haven't been guilty back in Wild World but I want to do New Leaf the right way.

No matter what your reasons are, if you can avoid it you'll be grateful you did. For once, don't have your life flash before your eyes.

Hey Totakeke, I made this from your avatar by using that japanese tool when I first got the game. Took a while to draw pixel by pixel, now there are tools to do it instantly, ah well.

This is what I use for me town flag!

szHPrdA.jpg

That's really cool.

Kingven

mmm liking the new NG design...

.. i could recover some files from the formatted 3ds... anyway i could identify the saves of animal crossing so i can copy them to new 3dsxl Sd?

thanks for the help, I'll let you know.

eShop midnight launch.
Okay I'll do that and yeah I guess I'll try to get my favorite villager this time (Margie)

Wow that's over 2 weeks ago! I had assumed it was just a few days. if you go back that far you might feel like skipping days. I know this thread may intimidate people to play catch up, as it did for me at first.

Another user said it to me this way: it's not a competition so play at your own pace. Because once you start playing catch up it'll be hard to slow down. I didn't have my own copy until this week :/

Or you can deal under the table if you prefer.

It really sucks that even in the digital age, corruption hasn't been fixed. Before it was a scratch on the disc or dirt in the cartridge. I thought buying digital dodged those problems.

Dang, can't demolish Resetti Surveillance Center.

He's always watching.

I don't feel like going ax crazy on all the trees in town, but I need to know: you know how some trees have stumps that have a unique design, right? Are those trees predetermined or is it random?

ramyeon

So I'm totally out of storage space after playing games at my campsite for furniture D: so much crap and no idea what to do with any of it. I suppose I could just sell it all off considering it should be on the catalogue now once I unlock that?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
571m8FN.jpg

Just passed 70 hours in Shindig! I can't get enough of this wonderful place. :]

I caught like 9 golden stags after figuring out how. Now I have over 800,000 in the bank, and I'll be going back to the island later.

Yeah I can now catch a golden stag and hercules beetle without fail. Both work 12k. That's why I'm considering just dropping the Wealthy Ordinance entirely and sticking with Beautiful Ordinance.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Today was definitely a boring day as far as Animal Crossing is concerned. I don't like how a calendar event prevents you from working on your public work projects. Isabelle should have an assistant to help you out with that stuff while she's busy tending to the town events. Oh well. Still got all my daily stuff done, and I even earned a badge from Phineas today. Lovely.

A second elephant moved into town: Axel. I don't like the elephants so much. Him and Dizzy actually kind of annoy me.

Axel's my bro from the Gamecube game. I remember I decided to check my town out like 5 years after I stopped playing, and he was the only original villager I had that was still there. That's loyalty.

How do I get Redd to appear in my town? I've already seen Katrina and Sahara (she ruined my house). I want the second floor of the museum, damn it.

At least the garden store is finally building itself.

oh hey, is there a way to see the total amount of hours I've spent playing this game?

Check your 3DS activity log (it's one of the apps on the home screen).

Totakeke

Most mayoral I've felt since I started playing the game. Knocking on doors and taking names.

tumblr_mos2qmRYLs1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_mos2rg58Uj1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_mos2sdKwqj1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_mos2t8XOZe1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

So man, I need some cooler residents...

For some good news, my AC playtime is now certified.
tumblr_mos2vbECmE1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

suzu

So I'm totally out of storage space after playing games at my campsite for furniture D: so much crap and no idea what to do with any of it. I suppose I could just sell it all off considering it should be on the catalogue now once I unlock that?

All your furniture and stuff is saved in the catalogue, regardless whether you have it unlocked yet. So feel free to sell them.

The only things you can't buy back are the fortune cookie prizes, island prizes, and gyroids. And I think maybe the special event items too (bug-off, etc.). Not sure about the camp stuff.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just found out you can quick-switch tools by pressing the directional pad left and right, I'd always go into my inventory and end up losing a bug. :)

Damn, how long till I get to be mayor? I got 100%, now Isabelle's saying it'll take a few days to be approved.

Also, is it me, or is getting money way easier in this game? I remember struggling for cash in the old games, in this one I can score a bunch of money just through fishing a bit.

qq more

It's 1AM and it's still daylight in the game. I know it's part of the game but it honestly feels so bizarre to the point it's unsettling. So weirdddddddddd

Did the other games do this? This is the first I've seen of this. lol

ramyeon

All your furniture and stuff is saved in the catalogue, regardless whether you have it unlocked yet. So feel free to sell them.

The only things you can't buy back are the fortune cookie prizes, island prizes, and gyroids. And I think maybe the special event items too (bug-off, etc.). Not sure about the camp stuff.
Great, all the camp stuff is just regular furniture won through games so it should be saved too. Need to get rid of all this stuff that I'm not using then I guess!

It's 1AM and it's still daylight in the game. I know it's part of the game but it honestly feels so bizarre to the point it's unsettling. So weirdddddddddd

Did the other games do this? This is the first I've seen of this. lol

So it does extend past 12AM.

I was hoping it'd look much cooler, but it just looks like the time of day is set at noon the whole damn time...

Just found out you can quick-switch tools by pressing the directional pad left and right, I'd always go into my inventory and end up losing a bug. :)

Damn, how long till I get to be mayor? I got 100%, now Isabelle's saying it'll take a few days to be approved.

Also, is it me, or is getting money way easier in this game? I remember struggling for cash in the old games, in this one I can score a bunch of money just through fishing a bit.

I think the d-pad usage is the one of the best improvements they've made, though I preferred the set up of Wild World's inventories.

Money seems a lot easier to earn, which is odd considering you don't work part-time in the beginning compared to Wild World.

Bells are certainly easier in this game. But you also have to consider the cost of things. Some of the Public Work Projects can get pretty damn expensive, and you never had that before. Also, the house expansion is pricier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom