• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Holy shit, I've been stealing a shit ton of flowers and foreign fruit from the island tours. Why would ever pay for flowers when you can get them for free? Finally got some Lillie's and violets, too!

Also caught a Corlacanth! Yessss!!

The island is so good for getting loads of flowers, lol. No need to ever buy them from gardening.

Got a lot of flower bushes too since they're only like 6 medals.

I still haven't gotten my red carnation and it is now 6:30pm. Aren't we getting a Father's Day gift? My mom sent me furniture instead. I want my carnation.

DAMNATION! The rain stopped but before I could fish for that Cochalkalakadingdong fish!

Once the rain has stopped, is that when the Gyroids show up? Or do I have to wait for tomorrow?

Pau

Man, I want to play more but I already played for 3 hours today...trying to not get burned out. Also, I have "responsibilities". Damn adulthood...
I've been switching between playing Animal Crossing and doing something else like reading. So I'll make 100K at the island, do something else for an hour or so, make another 100K, etc.

I kinda just want to go to everyone's towns and see what clothing they have selling at their stores. My last game was the GC one (I had Wild World but barely played it) so I'm having way too much fun putting together a new outfit each day. My problem is that my store has been stocking mostly winter stuff like jackets and long-sleeve shirts!

I've noticed a lot of people arrive then leave. I think they are looking for certain items only found on the island store, like the silver axe. Maybe the other person in your case arrived only a couple of seconds before you.

Or maybe your character really needs a shower? :)
Funny you should say that! I do in fact have a shower in my house but it doesn't turn on when you press A. That might be the problem. My poor, smelly mayor.

mac-boy

Hey guys I'd like some friends to play with! I have pears (native) Lychee and durian. And coconuts, cherries, oranges, bananas and lemons hopefully growing in a few days!
My FC is 0275 - 7232 - 1795. PM me if you add me so I can add you back! thanks!

Unicorn

I still haven't gotten my red carnation and it is now 6:30pm. Aren't we getting a Father's Day gift? My mom sent me furniture instead. I want my carnation.

I'm hopefully breeding them. we'll see tomorrow.

As grateful as I am that we can now take pictures it is almost insulting how poor the quality is.

A bit of my garden currently in the works:
tumblr_mogs9kXQdD1svlgkbo1_400.jpg

And my Crossing "blog." Will probably mostly be gardening shots:
http://crossingconundrum.tumblr.com/

Pau

DAMNATION! The rain stopped but before I could fish for that Cochalkalakadingdong fish!

Once the rain has stopped, is that when the Gyroids show up? Or do I have to wait for tomorrow?
It's still raining in my town if you want to stop by and give it a try. I'm not playing right now but I'll leave the game on.

Unicorn

Why is it that mostly juniors are the ones Time Travelling? Does it imply that long-time GAF members acquire honorable Animal Crossing habits, or perhaps only those that have honorable habits continue to hang around GAF?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So lucky you got to speak to someone who could speak English. I got someone who was most likely a little girl... She kept saying Iamgirl over and over when not saying ??? or "What are we doing?" in Japanese. And we planted flowers together. It was really cute, but I ran away for fear of appearing a pedophile.

Can't wait to see what I get next time.
Haha, one on the list of my best friends is a 6 year old...

satori

So, I'll be able to visit the island in 4 hours (Yes, I'm staying up until 6am just to visit the island). Any tips to maximise my profits? Seems some of you are getting 100k+ a visit

Best way to make cash on the island is visit it after 7pm. That is where the high value beetle spawns. Also what I do is cut down all the trees in the center of the island leaving just the palm trees that are on the beach. The beetles only spawns on those palm trees. I also get rid of all the flowers to get rid of any butterfly spawns.

You seriously could make 200k+ in about 30 min doing this method.

Once done you can always do mini games to collect fruits to replant on the island if you want to put it back to status quo. This along with catching any sharks that spawn is some pretty big money maker.

Anyone in the US with their shops still open? I have a tonne of Coral and a shark to sell (unless someone can tell me how to give it to someone!) and it's nearly 3AM in the UK so I will have to wait (or sleep, which at this point is unacceptable!)

What do you guys think of Blathers' new personality? Its really bugging me that he just gives a generic comment when you donate. The option to donate multiple items is nice, but I'd much rather donate one at a time and see Blathers' emotions and his own take on fish recipes and bug fears. The descriptions in the museum are much more formal and encyclopaedic. It feels much less personal.

He also seems much more serious. Its obviously Blathers talking in the citizen satisfaction survey.

Whatever, its a minor complaint, but I really like Blathers as a character, and I think hes gone a bit shallow. :/

zroid

Banned
Haha, one on the list of my best friends is a 6 year old...

At the meet-up I was at today, I befriended both a woman and her son. The son was definitely like 5, lol.

There were actually two pairs of women and their respective sons at the meet-up. I guess Animal Crossing's definitely one way to do some mother-son bonding!

Anyone have a piece of art that I can snatch from you? I would really appreciate it, and would trade 10,000 bells, or some Link (Zelda) pants for ANY piece of art (not a fake). I just need 1 so I can have 1 from every category in my museum.

Also willing to offer up more, if need be!

Friend Code - 2363 5624 3655

What do you guys think of Blathers' new personality? Its really bugging me that he just gives a generic comment when you donate. The option to donate multiple items is nice, but I'd much rather donate one at a time and see Blathers' emotions and his own take on fish recipes and bug fears. The descriptions in the museum are much more formal and encyclopaedic. It feels much less personal.

He also seems much more serious. Its obviously Blathers talking in the citizen satisfaction survey.

Whatever, its a minor complaint, but I really like Blathers as a character, and I think hes gone a bit shallow. :/

I completely agree. Whilst it is nice that you can be in and out of the museum in a matter of seconds rather than minutes, I really feel he now lacks a personality. Having him tell you about whatever it is you're donating was always one of my favourite things in Animal Crossing without it he might as well be a robot.

tumblr_moil26Q82i1rkllazo1_400.jpg

Today was Roscoe's birthday, and I got him a Bone Shirt. He really liked it.

Bunnie suggested a lighthouse, so I may have it built tomorrow now that I set up a clock in front of the station.

Quantum

Loving this game,

my first AC, didn't think it would click so well.

have been adding people and having fun with visitors - finally made it to another town.

now have peaches (main), Cherries and Pears.

looking for more people - have to get ready for the "stalk" market tomorrow.

FC: 5300-8818-5510

(send pm)

Mendoza

I totally agree. He was one of the characters that had dialogue that I laughed out loud to the most. He also doesn't get creeped out by bugs anymore...

Check this rad quote out.

"It's said that a diet of sap from the lychee tree makes the bodily fluids of the lantern fly sweet. It's also said the proper way to try them is to break off the tips of the horns and sip them like straws... It's ALSO said that anyone who does those things is officially googly-boogly out of his or her mind."

I completely agree. Whilst it is nice that you can be in and out of the museum in a matter of seconds rather than minutes, I really feel he now lacks a personality. Having him tell you about whatever it is you're donating was always one of my favourite things in Animal Crossing without it he might as well be a robot.

Yeah it was one of my favourite things too. If I donate a tarantula, I want him to freak the hell out. Not just wince a little. And all fish remind him of his mothers nest. Even sharks.

"It's said that a diet of sap from the lychee tree makes the bodily fluids of the lantern fly sweet. It's also said the proper way to try them is to break off the tips of the horns and sip them like straws... It's ALSO said that anyone who does those things is officially googly-boogly out of his or her mind."

Lol! That ones pretty sweet.

I kiiiinda liked it better when he was a blabbermouth... But now... It is a little bit of a cop-out, but the game is so rich elsewhere it's such a small griping.

L00P

Bought this game yesterday. I've been playing this game the whole day today, and now I wanna visit other people's towns. I just added my info on the spreadsheet. My character's name is BONUS who just moved in the small town of Feels

My FC is 0430-9123-7519

Got my town doors open fc 3437-4410-3259
I just added you. Please add back!

Loving this game,

my first AC, didn't think it would click so well.

have been adding people and having fun with visitors - finally made it to another town.

now have peaches (main), Cherries and Pears.

looking for more people - have to get ready for the "stalk" market tomorrow.

FC: 5300-8818-5510

(send pm)

Glad to see the pears are already paying dividends. Thanks for the Peaches, by the way!

ramyeon

Finally got Nintendo Image Share working! Ended up having to set my DNS to Google's public DNS server. Works like a charm now.

BM7R6vjCAAEx9fq.jpg

Funded my first community project after getting my Mayoral powers today - a suspension bridge to make it quicker to get to Town Hall and Re-Tail from my house.

BM7SDWdCQAA5hP_.jpg

Only pick up from Able Sisters today, but I think this is probably the best wig ever.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Funny you should say that! I do in fact have a shower in my house but it doesn't turn on when you press A. That might be the problem. My poor, smelly mayor.

Hmm.. I have a bathroom sink/vanity that also doesn't turn on, yet I have a neighbor with a kitchen sink who always leaves it running.

We have been carrying dozens of fish in our pockets, and then wear those clothes for days at a time. Nintendo: address this in the next game! This reminds me.. I need to wash my scrubs IRL.

rocketobear

Neo Member
The only people I've been meeting on Tortimer Island are Californians and little Japanese kids who go "???". :(

Exchanged fc code with one, and he sent me a swapnote of his cat. LOL

Can anybody translate what the Japanese says?

Lkr

does the island refresh flowers and fruit the next time you visit? the next day? i get it tomorrow, so I don't think I will play anymore today since I'm a bit burned out after getting hosed on turnips
btw are public works projects funded from my own money or do people from the town chip in?

VandalD

Wow. Pretty fast moving thread. Thanks to those who replied to me about storage space, if you see this! I'm looking into getting a 3DS at some point and this might be a game I pick up. They seem to have finally added significant content to what was a pretty stagnant series before, IMO. Though it's not entirely fair to say this, since I skipped the Wii version - but I heard it was pretty much Wild World with a few extras.

Anyways. This game. Looks good! Cool to see all the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom