• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Alright, here's the lowdown on rocks.
Every day, at 6AM, one of your rocks will become a money rock. Hitting it with a shovel will cause it to spew out money. ~15,000 Bells total. You're gonna want to dig some holes so the recoil doesn't prevent you from getting the max payout.
Another rock will be your gemstone rock. Hit it, and it will break apart and reveal a precious stone which can be used to customize furniture or be sold. This rock will respawn the next day.

thanks! so if it isnt one of the rocks that breaks or has money then its there to stay eh? DAMN GARDEN RUINING ROCK! guess ill have to make it the centerpiece now and make it a grave, ill put a sign on it that says here lies Opal... stupid rocks and elephants....

Can you get more rocks?

It's rock hitting time.

Here's a tip: Be sure to create a barrier of holes, one behind and one to either side of you, before you hit the rock. This keeps you from being knocked back and allows you to get an extra hit or two in before the rock stops yielding bells.

zroid

Banned
tumblr_mowyb8x8Ja1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

don't you DARE mock me, Isabelle!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
thanks! so if it isnt one of the rocks that breaks or has money then its there to stay eh? DAMN GARDEN RUINING ROCK! guess ill have to make it the centerpiece now and make it a grave, ill put a sign on it that says here lies Opal... stupid rocks and elephants....

Well, not really. None of them ever really disappear. Only the gem rock for the day it had the gem.

Debs

Here's a tip: Be sure to create a barrier of holes, one behind and one to either side of you, before you hit the rock. This keeps you from being knocked back and allows you to get an extra hit or two in before the rock stops yielding bells.

You only need one hole behind you, if you put a hole on each side of you as well you get 2 less money bags.

UberTag

Are there violin beetles on the island? Thinking of just planting a tree, chopping it for the stump and hoping for the best at this point.
Fraid not. I've even tried chopping down trees on various tours in hopes that they'll spawn with no luck.

You only need one hole behind you, if you put a hole on each side of you as well you get 2 less money bags.

Really? I'm use to City Folk where A: if you aren't completely centered in front of that hole, you slowly move around it with each hit to the rock, and B. you could only get so many bags anyway, where having one hole to the side of you didn't prevent additional drops. Maybe they increased it for this game. I'll try it when I play later.

duxstar

So i did the tree trick on the island ..... and all day there hasn't been any more bugs .... it's like I exhausted all of the bugs on the island !!! is it just cause its day time and will go back to working at night, or did I screw it up permanently

So i did the tree trick on the island ..... and all day there hasn't been any more bugs .... it's like I exhausted all of the bugs on the island !!! is it just cause its day time and will go back to working at night, or did I screw it up permanently

Beetles come out after 7pm and the trees can always be replanted with fruit from the tours.

It's raining and I haven't had an ax restock in the garden shop for a few days now.

I wouldn't stress too much if you can't get one by the end of the month. They come back again in September, which isn't too far off. I'm willing to bet you'll see an axe and a clear day sometime within the next week though. Just be patient.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

whenever this happens, i go back into the hut thing and come out. BAM bug city returns!

Berordn

Really? I'm use to City Folk where A: if you aren't completely centered in front of that hole, you slowly move around it with each hit to the rock, and B. you could only get so many bags anyway, where having one hole to the side of you didn't prevent additional drops. Maybe they increased it for this game. I'll try it when I play later.

Unless I'm misremembering something it's still like that. I stand in one of the top corners of the rock, put a hole above and a hole adjacent to me and shovel away.

Koomaster

Went to visit my buddy Peewee and was surprised to find Baabara over as well...
tumblr_mowxxl8DVo1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

But I felt as if I was interrupting something as all they would do is talk about Peewee's bed and nervously laugh...
tumblr_mowxz1dFRD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowy08HDyC1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowy1cc2rI1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowy2g7QTL1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Oh Peewee, you can do better than Baabara, nobody in the village likes her!
tumblr_mowy5u9ibS1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Things got awkward after that, so I decided to leave. They just stared at me as I left.
tumblr_mowy76GIsj1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Note to self: Don't visit Peewee's house in the afternoons anymore.

Tree trick? Please explain.

mb.exe

Wait? What? You can? How?

Go to the HHA showcase area (through the top of your shop area), visit a house, and in each room there is a "furniture" button you can click. You can order up to five pieces a day, with some restrictions, ie: you can't order the Nintendo stuff. The prices are a little higher, but not crazy.

I should add, the only house I even have is Reggie's, but he has a ton of stuff

gerudoman

Next opportunity to have to do that, use Save and Continue while on the seashore to reset the spawns before you trek to the other side of your coast. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the heads up, will try next time!

Do you guys know of any good dream village? I've been in Aika Mura and liked it a lot.

Go to the HHA showcase area (through the top of your shop area), visit a house, and in each room there is a "furniture" button you can click. You can order up to five pieces a day, with some restrictions, ie: you can't order the Nintendo stuff. The prices are a little higher, but not crazy.

I should add, the only house I even have is Reggie's, but he has a ton of stuff

I heard he has a flat-screen TV, which is one of the items I want the most.

Kurtofan

But I felt as if I was interrupting something as all they would do is talk about Peewee's bed and nervously laugh...

Things got awkward after that, so I decided to leave. They just stared at me as I left.

Villagers can marry?!

Can...can you marry a villager too?! oh Wolfgang kun~

Coquette

Unless I'm misremembering something it's still like that. I stand in one of the top corners of the rock, put a hole above and a hole adjacent to me and shovel away.

I do this at rocks. X's are holes. M is me, R is rock.

XXX
-M-
-R-

The row of holes keeps me from shifting out of way but still leaves plenty of room for all the money bags.

Linius

So the Reggie spotpass thing is US only I see :(

Too bad.

ZGq.jpg

The Antlers - Hospice

Here's a QR from me btw. Will make QR codes of my other album covers later on.

A gorilla x ram.

What would the offspring be? A Ramrilla?

AirBrian

Biggest annoyance is that you can't have the inventory screen up and move your character at the same time. Why do I need to have a map up always?

It leads to this guessing game of how much stuff is in your inventory before you get that annoying "pockets full" message that has to come up EVERY time.
This! THIS!! THIS!!!

Any good way of making sure someone doesn't move in over something? I've got scared that I'll turn on tomorrow to put the last public works project I'll need to get all the park space I want and there'll be a 'moving in soon' thing. I've got paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom