• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is just too good, but definitely has some places to improve. Based on what I've seen you guys post about, here's a list I've come up with:

Changes for next Animal Crossing:

1. Separate inventory slot for Tools
2. More space for custom patterns
3. More camera controls outdoors
4. Greater freedom for placing public projects (assuming they continue the mayor route)
5. Chat log
6. Preset locations for villagers and/or ability to evict them from the town
7. Sharp and Flat notes on Town Tune creator
8. Auto-Stack for things like money and fruit
9. Ability to walk with a different screen open such as inventory screen
10. No grass deterioration
11. Copy/Paste for things like writing mail
12. Arrange furniture indoors with touchscreen

Yay? Nay? What would you guys add?

pariah164

This game is just too good, but definitely has some places to improve. Based on what I've seen you guys post about, here's a list I've come up with:

Changes for next Animal Crossing:

1. Separate inventory slot for Tools
2. More space for custom patterns
3. More camera controls outdoors
4. Greater freedom for placing public projects (assuming they continue the mayor route)
5. Chat log
6. Preset locations for villagers and/or ability to evict them from the town
7. Minor notes on Town Tune creator
8. Auto-Stack for things like money and fruit
9. Ability to walk with a different screen open such as inventory screen
10. No grass deterioration
11. Copy/Paste for things like writing mail

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the evict part.

zroid

Banned
I don't mind grass deterioration in theory, it has a certain charm to it. Makes your town feel "lived-in". But what we should have is the ability to replant grass whenever and wherever we want.

I agree with everything you posted and would suggest improved placement of objects in houses. Shuffling and rotating furniture can be incredibly tedious. The touch screen would be perfect for this. And giving auto-stack abilities to flowers too.

LadyRiven

I need to catch a ladybug to finish up my "stuff I need to catch by the end of June" list, but I never seem to see any bugs on my flowers. I know that they are available from 8am-5pm. Any tips for spotting flower-dwelling bugs?

By the way, there's a shooting star on my town sky. What's that for? I keep hearing the twinkle sounds and one of the animal told me that I should look above and make a wish.

Labrys

ability to evict them from the town

Nay.
I feel the system we have now is fine. Like I've stated before, if you just evicted people you didn't like it'd be dictator-ish.
and to be honest it's kinda funny to see people freak out over villagers they don't like

zroid

Banned
I'm glad you guys are selling your 'nips now. That means there'll be fewer people getting in my way when someone strikes 600+ later this week. :3

Tenck

By the way, there's a shooting star on my town sky. What's that for? I keep hearing the twinkle sounds and one of the animal told me that I should look above and make a wish.

If you see one Hold down A. Should make a noise, and the next day you get a rare item.

I'm glad you guys are selling your 'nips now. That means there'll be fewer people getting in my way when someone strikes 600+ later this week. :3

I sold only 25% of all the turnips I had... so now you have 1 person more in your way Zeer0id!! :p
I'm ready for that 600++, bring it on!! XD

Labrys

It goes against the entire point of the game? If you want to kick people out, you be mean to them. Eviction just makes the process faster.

I meant, the point of the game is that you're a mayor, not a dictator. And, just being mean to them doesn't necessarily guarantee them moving out.
Look, I don't want to press the issue to the point of an argument, I'm just saying I think it's a bit silly that people want an option like that in a game like this.

Sleepy

I like the grass deterioration, but it could be lessened. Otherwise, good list, ABXY; though, I would add stack all like items--even shells, fish, bugs, etc.

Went to the island with MicH, and this mini-game is complete madness:

1011077_262356717236918_284230111_n.jpg

I suck:

1014382_262356137236976_794381637_n.jpg

On the way back, a completely relevant, essential song by Kapp'n:

998999_262356447236945_73668332_n.jpg

Then MicH showed me his town with Thomas and Pooka (in final pic). His town is sick BTW, so cultivated:

998678_262355973903659_586866360_n.jpg

Yeah, I said cultivated:

945001_262355820570341_460864497_n.jpg

Awesome times!

Labrys

Isabelle even brings up dictatorship at the beginning of the game. What are you talking about?

She said there are limits, so you don't become a dictator, and that was in regards to the ordinances, not eviction/neighbors.

And, like I said, just my opinions/views. I'd rather not make it a huge issue.

Elija2

Reggie's barely got any badges. I've got two more than him, and he's been playing for longer than I have. Get on my level, Reggie.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Slick stereo is on a 45° angle compared to the other objects. This is far out.

Shame I have no music. :I

Mr. Robot

So i been trying to leave my town open all night before i go to sleep, just to find a disconnect message when i wake up, yesterday i did the same and woke up to my guy standing where i left him, and the gates were still open.

So i figured that people have been trying to vist me, or does a disconnect message can still happen when no one is visiting?

I am now refreshing constantly to see if I was added to Jignx's list so I can go sell turnips.

I am losing my mind! The turnip market is not for the faint of heart.

I meant, the point of the game is that you're a mayor, not a dictator. And, just being mean to them doesn't necessarily guarantee them moving out.
Look, I don't want to press the issue to the point of an argument, I'm just saying I think it's a bit silly that people want an option like that in a game like this.

Animal Crossing is a life simulator and in life you get lemons, right?

But Animal Crossing is also a game, and if somebody moves in front of the ONE place you need to build a cobblestone bridge to make traversing your town 10x faster, a good portion of the people playing will feel like removing that villager.

I understand where you're coming from - it'd darken the tone of the game if one were given those freedoms (which could encourage bullying). Ultimately though, this is just creative speculation
in a place Nintendo is unlikely to be looking
for improving the game for different kinds of players. Anything can happen next - maybe Tom Nook will become a mayor himself.

SKIN TONES AND FULL ON CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION. FUCK RANDOM QUESTIONS.

I think that'd be lovely, though they'd have to forgo the entire intro process, which would speed up new characters but take away from some of AC's originality. Some people didn't like questions being removed from PMD Gates to Infinity (furthermore, most of the starters). I think a lot of people use guides for these things anyway, so I guess it wouldn't make much difference.

DedValve

Banned
ugh, I made an entirely new character for the purpose of holding more designs and I STILL have to talk to mabel for 10 days just to use the damn QR machine? Wtf...

It wouldn't be so bad if I could only put my designs up on the shop but apparently you can't do that with qr designs!? Infuriating. Absolutely infuriating. I'm 10 days away from my roads ;(

mb.exe

Has it been determined if the list of faraway towns/people in each town auto-refreshes, or do you need to keep closing out and asking Porter?

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but Reggie's house isn't showing up for me in the HHA Showcase. Any ideas why? Spotpass is activated as far as I know.

EDIT: Nevermind! He's there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom