• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_mozdd4Z2yV1qbahh7o1_500.gif

I always make sure to change my shirt whenever I catch one of those bad boys.

CRtrprO.png

UberTag

Today was one of the best days I've had with New Leaf.

- Kicks started construction
- Nooking Junction informed me they would be upgrading to T&T Mart on Thursday (yay for 22-hour shopping and catalog access) ... I'll be switching over to Night Owl ordinance tomorrow
- The QR Code sewing machine unlocked itself at the Able Sisters shop - will toy around with that on the weekend
- I started interacting online with AC-GAF - Alec2DaBreen loaned me a spare axe now that he's gone "golden" in exchange for baskets of oranges and pears; Leif had been holding my town hostage with his axe supply; I promptly chopped down 3 trees and netted a Violin Beetle in less than 30 seconds which was promptly handed off to Blathers
- Elija2 brought Katie over for her first visit and was nice enough to put a down payment on my Dream Suite public works project in thanks
- I completed my fruit collection by shoring up cherries and peaches while swapping Nintendo gear and my own fruit with Revven; the 3 trees I chopped down have now been replaced with cherry trees
- Rabbit Clock opened his doors for a turnip selloff at 539 bells a piece. I had over 9,000 sitting in my lockers which led to a gross take of over 5 million bells - and a 500K commission for RC in thanks. This money paid off the balance of my Dream Suite and the outstanding 598,000 loan to Nook for the expansion of my 2nd floor
- While waiting for my shift in the turnip sales spree, I scored the last piece of the Mermaid set at Club Tortimer which will boost my HHA score to close to 90,000 in today's inspection - twice Reggie's score despite 3 fewer rooms
- I streetpassed an AC blogger outside of work today (http://newleafblog.ca/) who has a bunch of Asia-exclusive DLC items (Aurora Screen, Cherry-Blossom Clock, Kagamimochi, Leaf Bed, Sprout Table and Sunrise Lamp) that I will be diligently ordering from the Happy Home Showcase
- And Snake officially joined my villager population today - and he is one mighty cool bunny

So, all in all, a great day. This despite getting a duplicate Nintendo fortune and no village visitor. Now if only I could cap it off by capturing that pesky tarantula.

TrickRoom

Phoebe camped out at my place today, and she really likes gambling games. She asked to wager my lemons and I ended up selling them for 3,500. I really want her to move in (she has a nice color scheme), but she made that a betting game too, and now she's asking me to put my Sapphire on the table...

shengfs

Neo Member
I love the dialogue in this game. Especially, these type of meta-conversations

XeqOarT.jpg

FhCQVMD.jpg

yttw9Qf.jpg

taI7jkB.jpg

BTW, is there a way to get rid of your nickname?

Kokonoe

Banned
Okay. What.

Two fish now have taken the bob of my fishing rod, went underwater, and when I pull, they swim away. What is this. What. I lost a shark!

I have to change how my thumb is positioned to catch sharks, so hopefully this 3 minutes of awful ms paint will help you out.

Tx1lxow.jpg

The way I usually play is like diagram 1. The middle part where the thumb bends is usually, that general area, where I press the buttons.

When I'm catching sharks, I bend my thumb to where the tip of it is directly on the button sorta like diagram too, and in turn I can catch sharks easier since it's closer to where the button clicks and gives me more leverage to be quicker.

I was talking to Rocket and she was acting all suspicious. She said to me "Doctor! Take this cradle from me."
To which I replied.... "Seems kinda suspicious."
She reassured me it was alright and so I took it.
BNqaj_FCAAIkvFB.jpg

Is this cradle hot? I'm scared guys.

Then I was talking to Lionel and we were talking about the new person moving in tomorrow.
BNqau8wCUAAjwxG.jpg

I love your stache Lionel but you are sometimes too creepy for me.

Though my main Bro Kody is the best, we chat about crunches and work out routines, he always has my back.
BNqa9ivCAAESTkc.jpg

And it looks like Celia wants to be The Doctor's assistant.
BNqbJefCUAACHRu.jpg

THAT ROLE IS ALREADY TAKEN! Isabelle is my assistant!

MicH

Awesome. I thought that was the case but I wanted to make sure before I started planting. :) Thank you!
Yeah I kinda hoped you could plant them against anything but my dead bushes showed me I couldn't, lol :p

The island bushes will start blooming on the 28th by the way!

(Yes, I'm a big fan of the bushes)

Yeah I kinda hoped you could plant them against anything but my dead bushes showed me I couldn't, lol :p

The island bushes will start blooming on the 28th by the way!

(Yes, I'm a big fan of the bushes)

Yeah, me too. My goal is to "outline" my whole town in them. *fingers crossed*

Gvaz

Banned
So I was gone out until just now. Anybody got good turnip prices for me to offload right now?

Or do I wait and see for tomorrow?

MicH

Yeah, me too. My goal is to "outline" my whole town in them. *fingers crossed*
That sounds great!! I am planning to outline all my paths with them.

However Ai have discovered something bad: Like trees, if too many are planted in an area, some will randomly die. I have planted some new ones to replace the dead ones, so I'll have to see if that works. Otherwise... that sucks

UGH! Even the sign needs like 4x4 space. Really, a sign? The thing takes up 1 tile, so why does it need twice its size around it?

Why can't I fire Isabelle?

Marvie_3

Banned
UGH! Even the sign needs like 4x4 space. Really, a sign? The thing takes up 1 tile, so why does it need twice its size around it?

Why can't I fire Isabelle?

I really wish it would bring up a grid type thing when you're placing public works. Would be a lot easier.

XeroSauce

I have to change how my thumb is positioned to catch sharks, so hopefully this 3 minutes of awful ms paint will help you out.

Tx1lxow.jpg

The way I usually play is like diagram 1. The middle part where the thumb bends is usually, that general area, where I press the buttons.

When I'm catching sharks, I bend my thumb to where the tip of it is directly on the button sorta like diagram too, and in turn I can catch sharks easier since it's closer to where the button clicks and gives me more leverage to be quicker.

Ah yea. I actually do that too, I just didn't realize sharks were so fast! It was late at night and I was just lazily catching fish. Thanks though.

MicH

Just wanted to show you guys how my pathways are developing. The area I have given most attention so far:

tumblr_mozl9bpYPW1svgayqo1_400.jpg

The project being funded is a street lamp. It was the closest it could be to the path without destroying the bushes. I'm gonna build another on the other side of the path as well. I think it's gonna look amazing!

Busaiku

Dang, what a day.
Must've had 60 to 80 people drop by...

Thank you all so much for tipping so generously!
I think, in total, I made more than any other person who visited has.

I made 2.5 million off my own Turnips, but another 12.5 million on tips.
And then lots of good furniture, fruits, and clothes!
You guys rule!

TrickRoom

Well, it just turned 1 PM form my game ( I just had a screwy 3DS clock and rolled with it ). Turnip prices are 168 right now, which isn't amazing, but not horrible from what I've seen. If anyone wants me to open the gates, my FC is in the website list.

Everyone's talkin bout who's got to go (yea . . . Biff . . . I want that space for a bamboo stalk . . .). How do you accomplish this other than ignoring?

I've had two villagers talk about leaving so far, and all I really did was ignore them. Is there a way to speed up the process so I can get the right ones to want to go (maybe I should've had Nate peace out . . .)??

MicH

Dang, what a day.
Must've had 60 to 80 people drop by...

Thank you all so much for tipping so generously!
I think, in total, I made more than any other person who visited has.

I made 2.5 million off my own Turnips, but another 12.5 million on tips.
And then lots of good furniture, fruits, and clothes!
You guys rule!
That is amazing! Thanks for doing such an incredible job!

IrishNinja

both best buys near me say nintendo zone's not working, coudln't get a raccoon clock...feels bad man
the one nearby, an employee was a nintendo fan telling me how long the line was that day i coudlnt get outta work for e3 demos and how many year of luigi coins there were too... *sigh*

Dream Suite
Café
Campsite
Fortune Teller
Museum 2F
Police Station
Reset Center
Bridge
Bench
Garbage Can

ah, i havent opened up most of those. i guess a bench is kinda useful?

oh and why dont you have me on 3DS tbh?

added

Oh brilliant. I just got the QR so this will be my first scan.

Edit: It is done.
BNmuhJLCIAIQU5J.jpg

why.jpg

haha i love these references

N8hwZwO.jpg

I like turnips.

sweet merciful fuck

teeny

If anyone wants to pop by really really quickly (just got into the office), the royal crown is on sale at Labelle's for 1200000.

If anyone wants it, could they drop it and let me pick it up before leaving so I can catalog it further down the line?

Thanks!

4811-6932-4369

both best buys near me say nintendo zone's not working, coudln't get a raccoon clock...feels bad man
the one nearby, an employee was a nintendo fan telling me how long the line was that day i coudlnt get outta work for e3 demos and how many year of luigi coins there were too... *sigh*

Dude, I got the Raccoon clock and I can order more. You want me to get one for you?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there a guide anywhere that shows you how to position public works more accurately? eg if you're building a fountain as the centerpiece of a park, where does it go in relation to where you are standing? Is your location where the gyroid goes? How do you know in advance where that will be?

Or for critical placement do you put down marker designs so you can tell from Isabelles preview if it is ok?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just wanted to show you guys how my pathways are developing. The area I have given most attention so far:

tumblr_mozl9bpYPW1svgayqo1_400.jpg

The project being funded is a street lamp. It was the closest it could be to the path without destroying the bushes. I'm gonna build another on the other side of the path as well. I think it's gonna look amazing!

Will you please design my town for me?

SmithnCo

is there a guide anywhere that shows you how to position public works more accurately? eg if you're building a fountain as the centerpiece of a park, where does it go in relation to where you are standing? Is your location where the gyroid goes? How do you know in advance where that will be?

Or for critical placement do you put down marker designs so you can tell from Isabelles preview if it is ok?

I put down marker designs. Helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom