• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN Perfect Town Guide is definitely wrong. I have 10 public works (all of which are considered to be in the "good" category i.e. nature-friendly from online guides), and Isabelle is still asking for more.

Found some reports from Japan saying the magic number is more like 13. Visited David's Perfect Town Meteor, and it looks like he's time-travelling and has way more than 10.

So, for all of you out there working for the Gold Watering Can like me, keep on building those pub works (outdoor lights, yellow benches, and nature-friendly stuff is best) . . .

Chaos17

Today, I have bad luck.
I met five beehives!

BNm1Zw_CAAI7dXr.jpg

Linius

One thing I really miss in this game this the fact I can't travel from a foreign town to a foreign town. So now I have to go home from Eudaemonic to travel to Mich after getting there. A bit tiresome if you ask me :p

Animekatt

So after my Final Fantasy VI portraits post, some people asked that I do Final Fantasy VII too. I guess it's popular for some reason.

I was a little loathe to try as firstly, the images are way oversized, like 80 x 90 pixels big. That's going to be a lot of detail lost. And secondly, they have way more colors than the FFVI ones. At least 256, maybe more!

But I applied the same technique of cropping to a square and applying a palette yadda yadda and they came out.. okay. I am happy with most of them. So here you are, Final Fantasy VII portraits:

HNI_0070.JPG

I will snag the Aerith one, since it will be fitting for my town named Aerith. Thanks Robin!

12 dupe fossils in 3 days :(

You and me both. :(
You can check my list to see which ones you need though. I need to come visit your town.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah8nS2U-P9bRdFVfZlgwRDBOWnhsN0o4Rjh2ejZsRnc#gid=0

UberTag

IGN Perfect Town Guide is definitely wrong. I have 10 public works (all of which are considered to be in the "good" category i.e. nature-friendly from online guides), and Isabelle is still asking for more.

Found some reports from Japan saying the magic number is more like 13. Visited David's Perfect Town Meteor, and it looks like he's time-travelling and has way more than 10.

So, for all of you out there working for the Gold Watering Can like me, keep on building those pub works (outdoor lights, yellow benches, and nature-friendly stuff is best) . . .
The FAQ on GameFAQs goes into extensive detail on "perfect" status (see sections 61 & 62).

Key takeaways are:
- you can't count the Dream Suite, your original bridge, any building expansions or the fortune-telling tent against your 10 public works.
- you don't want the negative influence of the garbage can
- you want 110-200 trees in your town (no more, no less)
- you want more than 75 (healthy) flowers planted
- you want no weeds, trash or other non-natural objects cluttering your village ground
- try to have a Campground or how much it influences your quality of life score
- focus on other accessible "Largely Increase" public works (see the list) first and the others later
- don't even consider public works that decrease your score until after you've gotten the Gold Watering Can

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

milkham

anyone have any gold nuggets for trade?
i've got an extra fire bar, mushroom mural, hero hat, peach parasol. I can check my catalog for things you need as well.
I can order things fro reggie's house but i think i've already hit my limit on HH showcase items for today

SmithnCo

I checked the town hall and it says my town is close to perfect, which is surprising because there are large areas without trees. I guess stealing all those flowers from the island helps.

The second floor of the museum opened up for me this morning.

They were selling a silver fishing pole and silver net.

What's the advantages of these over the regular items?

lolwut

Isabelle ended up putting the bench where I wanted it, but she had declined the same spot several times before. Maybe giving her the seashell beforehand got her to loosen up?

Jefklak

Hai Gais I'd love to join the fruit sharing madness.
Native fruit: cherries

Friend code: 0473-8292-9851 (username: Stien, region: EU/BE)
AC Town name: Poezista

I'd love to come and take a look at someone's town and pick up some other fruit.
Thanks!

MicH

Damn you guys and your silver tools. What did my museum shop have today? A giant golden frame that took up both product spaces. Urgh.

Also I have A LOT of flowers, good number of trees and my town is still "average". Needs more public works, they say. I will give you public works!

Animekatt

Damn you guys and your silver tools. What did my museum shop have today? A giant golden frame that took up both product spaces. Urgh.

Also I have A LOT of flowers, good number of trees and my town is still "average". Needs more public works, they say. I will give you public works!

I have the silver fishing rod at my shop if you wanna snag it up?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Couldn't get the bench lined up centrally above the fountain and I don't think they'll let me put anything directly next to it to try and balance it. Oh well.

I'm surprisingly short on tables so all my decorative items just sit on the floor. And no art guy at all since I started, so no chance at expanding the museum (donated tons of other stuff, especially fish and bugs)

I got the cases from Coquette, you can order as much as you want in the cataloge when you have them. So if anyone wants them I can let you cataloge them at my place.

I ordered four already, only found the use for two of them at the moment. But the others will come in handy when my attic is expanding and I can realise my modern wood room over there.

If you don't mind, could I quickly pop to your town to catalogue the glass cabinet?

Grizzo

lolwut

Isabelle ended up putting the bench where I wanted it, but she had declined the same spot several times before. Maybe giving her the seashell beforehand got her to loosen up?

Maybe it's because you were not exactly at the same place where you asked her the last time ? Sometimes if my move my character just a little bit, she goes from "there's no way we can build this thing here" to "alrigh,t let's get this party started !". The Public Works thing needs a lot of improvement in my opinion.

optimiss

Yeah I thought that might be the case, can't seem to find many official Animal Crossing t-shirts. Thanks for the in-game one, though! Haven't tried a pro design or the QR machine yet!

I'd like that shirt as well so I'm thinking I might recreate it in illustrator and have it printed. If I do I'll let you know.

hey guys quick question?!? My wife hates the hair she has in game and wants to switch it. Do any of you guys have a shampoodle open so she can change it?

Vexxan

So I cut down all the middle trees on the island that spawn the "bad" bugs and holy shit did the spawn rate on the good ones on the trees by the beach go up.

The island looks like shit now but I'm not really there for the view, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom