• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he missed the ceremony he should have gotten it in the mail.
Is it possibly attached to the letter and you never read it?
Is your mailbox full?

Mailbox isn't full. I only had 2 letters today-one from a villager and one from Mom? Is it possibly I accidentally sold it? I can't imagine that to be true...

zethren

Banned
Accidentally exited the game without saving. Lost 50k+ bells in campsite funding and a ton of donated fish and insects, including an Arowana (sp?)

Fuuuuuuuuuuu-

Cleared the middle and bottom of Tortimer Island of its trees and flowers, and figure-eight bug hunting leaves me with this haul in 10 minutes:

exuaTVC.jpg

That's 3 horned atlus, 1 horned hercules, 7 horned elephant, 2 goliath beetle, and 2 golden stag

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
One of my Japanese friends has Ankha.

How do I steal her?
Where is the body-sized bag equip item?
Where is the bribe Porter item?

Cleared the middle and bottom of Tortimer Island of its trees and flowers, and figure-eight bug hunting leaves me with this haul in 10 minutes:

That's 3 horned atlus, 1 horned hercules, 7 horned elephant, 2 goliath beetle, and 2 golden stag

I'd suggest ignoring the Goliath beetles as they are only 6k without Wealthy Ordinance. The rest of the beetles you have are 8k+

Cyclommatus is also an 8k insect.

Elija2

Niraj, maybe the girl knows how Dream Emporium works. Try asking her... I think you might need to get a number from her...

I thought the Dream Suite was new to the US/EU versions of the game since people get less Streetpasses outside of Japan.

Kenai

im feeling like a heartless bastard telling graham not to move here

Graham-Picture.png

Graham is my favorite move-in villager, throws gifts at me like crazy and (this may have just been the sun in my eyes) has an extremely difficult time clapping due to his stubby arms, so he jiggles instead while everyone else applauds normally.

Salsa

Graham is my favorite move-in villager, throws gifts at me like crazy and (this may have just been the sun in my eyes) has an extremely difficult time clapping due to his stubby arms, so he jiggles instead while everyone else applauds normally.

idk wether to tell him to beat it or finally tell him to move in since idk what the other options are. I kinda like animal diversity and I already got Rodney

Wow! 2 weeks and we're on OT2. Madness! Welcome to Animal Crossing!

Yeah, I've been amused. Only been following lightly though. Work and other distractions... but I'm only complaining about the work part. I'll probably throw my town open a bit more this week.

Have people only been opening for besties? I noticed when I check to see if others are open, my list is empty.

I know, it's happening for me tonight! My face when "The ordinance will now be enacted... tomorrow". Why must you make me wait Isabelle...

You know what's really awesome, getting the ability to enact ordinances on the day of the bug catching competition, when Isabelle decides to take the day off and prevent you from performing your mayoral duties...

Yeah, I've been amused. Only been following lightly though. Work and other distractions... but I'm only complaining about the work part. I'll probably throw my town open a bit more this week.

Have people only been opening for besties? I noticed when I check to see if others are open, my list is empty.

I have 50 friends and I too only see 1 or 2 open at once, which is always less than the amount of people actually playing. Either they don't think their town is presentable yet (that's been my case for a while) or they just don't want strangers in their town. Which makes you wonder why they added you to begin with...

say what

What's is this game? :O

I'm talking to some guy who's in the campsite. After inviting him to live in town, he started to play all these games with me. There are three of them:

Which One Is It? - You guess left or right and if you do well (at least 2 out of 3), you sell an item at 4x-5x its sell value.

Five Chances - You go through a list of items, and stop when he chooses the one you want. If you get to the fifth item, you are forced to buy it.

Price Fixer - You guess a number from 1 to 8 and, depending on how close you are to the number he picked, you get an item that can be heavily discounted or cost a lot.

I keep playing the first one to sell stuff at huge prices, but luck has been fickle with me today.

SumGamer

Does Nookling's junction tool change in this game? I'm looking for the slingshot but the tools I keep getting are Net and Shovel since day 2. Apart from fishing rod on the first day the tools never change.

Moonlight

Banned
So I befriended a Japanese girl named Kitori through the island earlier. Her town is fucking rad (pic dump):

She basically had paths formed with bushes along the majority of the town, and there were various points to stop and mess around. Flowers were all meticulously laid out, and there were so many patterns placed down throughout the town as well. It was the small touches too, like food on the ground in the picnic area (she made a picnic area!), or below the cardboard trees in her houses. She had two houses completely decked out. The white room with the piano above she called her "angel room," I really liked that one, and also really liked the room with the fish tanks and the other one with the bookcases.

I changed into my Kyle Hyde suit I made (it's not that great) at some point and asked her what she thought of it. She said she liked it, and that I looked like William Fichtner. I was so surprised that she mentioned him that I asked her to repeat it, and got a screenshot. Turns out she's seen Prison Break and likes it quite a bit! So we talked about that for awhile (she thinks T-Bag is really scary). She led me around to her museum and showed me her exhibits, which were basically huge storage rooms. It was crazy how much stuff she had there, full of just about everything, Nintendo stuff, you name it. The gold set stuff was really crazy to me.

She was pretty generous, letting me buy a painting from Redd, and whatever I wanted from the shop, so I picked up two fortune cookies (getting an extra Super Mushroom and a Toad hat), a slingshot, and two KK Slider songs. She also gave me a sea globe and bamboo grass as gifts when I left. It was really just a great experience overall, and I loved the way that we could overcome the language barrier. Her English wasn't bad (I told her it was way better than my Japanese :p), but there were times where she didn't get exactly what I was saying so I'd have to rephrase, or she'd misunderstand and I'd just go with it. But Prison Break and William Fichtner of all things...just amazing. We best friended each other, so I'll probably head back there at some point. I'm kind of embarrassed to show her my town now since it's shit in comparison :p

It was just such a pleasant and fun time overall, and it's amazing that a game so simple at root could be capable of providing such a meaningful experience that overcame cultural differences and limitations. I love this game.

Also here's a link to the Tumblr I made, mainly to upload those for you guys, and some other friends. Not sure how much I'll use it, but if you want to follow me or however that shit works, feel free.
Holy fuck, dat town.

Loved reading your little story, too. Made me really smile.

Salsa

he has one with a dice where I need to choose even or odd number and he'll buy something from me for a certain price depending on if im right or wrong

another where I pick a card and if I pick the one he draws he'll sell me stuff for cheaper and cheaper until its free

and a last one where he lists 4 items and I can choose to buy any, but if I dont choose one to buy by the last one, the 5th item, whatever it is, will be force-sold to me.

yami4ct

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/exuaTVC.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, so quick question about island farming. Does the island ever go back to normal after you clear it or is it permanent like your town? Honestly, I really like the way the island looks right now, but I do like the idea of farming it as well. If it doesn't restore, I think I'd probably leave it as is since aesthetics are more important to me in this game right now than trying to min/max my town.

he has one with a dice where I need to choose even or odd number and he'll buy something from me for a certain price depending on if im right or wrong

another where I pick a card and if I pick the one he draws he'll sell me stuff for cheaper and cheaper until its free

and a last one where he lists 4 items and I can choose to buy any, but if I dont choose one to buy by the last one, the 5th item, whatever it is, will be force-sold to me.

Uh, the last one is one of the games I described lol.

Ok, so quick question about island farming. Does the island ever go back to normal after you clear it or is it permanent like your town? Honestly, I really like the way the island looks right now, but I do like the idea of farming it as well. If it doesn't restore, I think I'd probably leave it as is since aesthetics are more important to me in this game right now than trying to min/max my town.

You can plant the stuff back on there.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wait a tic, it just occurred to me -- Niraj, is there a way you can give us like the code or whatever to explore that person's town in the Dream Emporium? (I'm not sure if that's how it works...)

I think I figured it out. I checked her friend card on my list, and it has a dream address number: 1400-0514-8695

Neiteio

This is my first AC game, so I don't know that, so I am surprised by it.
I didn't mean to sound condescending or anything. I was just noting it's a detail that's been around for awhile. :)

I extensively played the GCN and DS ones, dabbled in the Wii one, and I'm interested to really dive into this one... when I can find the time. My house will be built tomorrow, so that will be cool.

I feel so bewildered by all of the new stuff in this installment, though. Salsa's various anecdotes and such always seem to reveal some facet of this game I didn't know before.

I thought the Dream Suite was new to the US/EU versions of the game since people get less Streetpasses outside of Japan.
Hmm, I don't know. I was under the impression Dream Suite was in the JPN version, under the name Dream Emporium?

Neiteio

I think I figured it out. I checked her friend card on my list, and it has a dream address number: 1400-0514-8695
So that's the number to visit a copy of that girl's amazing town. Awesome! I was reading the AC Wiki and it sounds like she might need to be online to grant permission, even though exploring it doesn't require her to be in the town, and it's just a copy, so there's no risk of vandalism. Hmm.

Kiryu

Does anyone EVEN have Majora Mask Town Tune and I know so many people have Saria Song but I want Majora Mask Town Tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom