• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

So if you set a spot for a project then cancel it, you have to wait a day to set a new one. Wtf is this, I only canceled because the placement was bad.

I just spent my first 30 minutes in the international Tortimer Club playing mini games with a Japenese female. That was interesting. The sum of our communication was, (?), (sorry) and (hiya).

So if you set a spot for a project then cancel it, you have to wait a day to set a new one. Wtf is this, I only canceled because the placement was bad.
Yeah, I had this happen because I was fine-tuning a bridge location...and then the Bug-Off happened. Sucks. I wish they'd let you move it while it was still being funded.

Zidy

So I started a fund for the Dream Suite but I have no idea where the gyroid to donate to is?

Also, picked all my fruit for the day but I should be on for a good deal tomorrow if anyone wants some cherries, lemons, peaches, and a few other of the island fruit. (not sure what they're called). FC is: 1091 7736 4782. PM me if you add me.

Also, taking all of your advice to cut down the middle trees. I need some mo' income.

qq more

I love this game's music so much. So reminiscent of the Gamecube version, which has the best music IMO.

I'm really glad they went with new music instead of rehashing Wild World like in City Folk (wtf were they thinking there?). 5PM/6PM's themes are soooooo good <3

I humored her with "penis", but then she started asking what I wanted to do with one. I promptly changed the subject after that.

tumblr_moczt2jRQ81s8izuzo1_250.gif

GAMERG0D

Yeah, I had this happen because I was fine-tuning a bridge location...and then the Bug-Off happened. Sucks. I wish they'd let you move it while it was still being funded.
I wish they had a better method of placing structures, something like in The Sims would have been good. Instead you have to guess and see afterward.

I wish they had a better method of placing structures, something like in The Sims would have been good. Instead you have to guess and see afterward.
Yeah, it's awkward that you have to go there and then talk to Isabelle and hope that the placement is okay. I'm not sure why they didn't do it like The Sims. Guess we'll have to wait for the next iteration for them to improve that. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
So I started a fund for the Dream Suite but I have no idea where the gyroid to donate to is?

Also, picked all my fruit for the day but I should be on for a good deal tomorrow if anyone wants some cherries, lemons, peaches, and a few other of the island fruit. (not sure what they're called). FC is: 1091 7736 4782. PM me if you add me.

Also, taking all of your advice to cut down the middle trees. I need some mo' income.

I think it's in the train station.

Zidy

I'm really glad they went with new music instead of rehashing Wild World like in City Folk (wtf were they thinking there?). 5PM/6PM's themes are soooooo good <3

Yesss. I LOVE the music in this one. Though, I do miss the WW menu music.

pariah164

Okay, so how are people getting so much in 30 minutes? It takes me, like 90 minutes to fill all my boxes, two hours to full all my boxes AND my inventory. I have to sneak up so slow; takes me like a minute to catch a beetle. The hold-A trick DOES NOT WORK with goldens or hercules. So twitchy.

not gonna lie tall KK still freaks me the fuck out

tumblr_moix12iVTQ1qdh44co1_400.jpg

Cafe already?! All my jelly.

Okay, so how are people getting so much in 30 minutes? It takes me, like 90 minutes to fill all my boxes, two hours to full all my boxes AND my inventory. I have to sneak up so slow; takes me like a minute to catch a beetle. The hold-A trick DOES NOT WORK with goldens or hercules. So twitchy.

The Circle Pad is a godsend. EVER SO SLIGHTLY HOLD IT. Just slightly. It makes me jump a mile when they fly off with a VWWWWOSH though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Productive day today. Made 313k in one trip to the island, earlier. Got a ton of medals. Finished a project. Paid off another loan. Planted stuff. Played online.

This game keeps on giving. Why is it so good?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The trick is just to know how slowly you have to walk for each particular bug; get the feel of it and you will succeed.

Salsa

The Circle Pad is a godsend. EVER SO SLIGHTLY HOLD IT. Just slightly. It makes me jump a mile when they fly off with a VWWWWOSH though.

just hold A while approaching a tree with the net, while not overdoing the analog

some people dont "charge up" with A and instead just walk slowly. That's harder and silly.

tumblr_moiw3w4xZD1qh7rkso1_400.jpg

Apollo droppin truth bombs

suzu

Move reaaaaaallly slowly by barely nudging the circle pad, while holding your net. Then let loose the net when you're just outside of the shadow of the tree.

tumblr_mogwb12qfv1svw95ao8_400.jpg

Cutting the trees to the south helps. I just walk down the middle of the island and check to see which side has beetles.

SmithnCo

Yup. Simply holding A is not meant to work with goldens or the other skittish kind. You have to actually hold A and slightly move the pad to go even slower.

Tenck

Anyone with an open Re Tail store mind letting me come over for a bit? I just did my daily Island bug hunt and need my bells.

I love how the museum has little touches in this. The piranha attacks the glass to get to you, the hercules beetle and the golden stag fight, the butterflies land on signs, etc.

You know, I think I figured out the trick to catching the golden and hercules beetles. While holding A, only take a few steps at a time then stop for a few seconds, repeat until you're in range and swing the net.

One has never flown away since I started doing this.

GAMERG0D

I tried to creep up on a Gold Stag really slowly with the very slow method, but my thumb got tired so the net hit the sand and well...

I actually got streetpassed twice when seeing Superman this evening! Only one of the houses was cool looking, the other seemed very early in the game.

It was cool nonetheless!

pariah164

You know, I think I figured out the trick to catching the golden and hercules beetles. While holding A, only take a few steps at a time then stop for a few seconds, repeat until you're in range and swing the net.

One has never flown away since I started doing this.

I am definitely going to try this.

Gonna feel bad cutting down the middle trees though... Lychee trees. My favorite.

pariah164

XFSLshe.gif

How do you unlock The Roost!?

I just want to drink coffee with my fellow citizens while listening to KK Slider!

You have to finish building the second floor of the museum. Wait seven days after this, and have 50 or more donations. The option should unlock.

Also: BEST GIF.

Insaniac

Well i just caught a golden stag. pretty cool. I wonder how much they sell for, although this ones goin to the museum. And also you guys are so picky! I still catch the emperor butterflies, 3k bells is still good for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom