• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
For turnips, is anyone finding they have limited space in their lockers as they collect more stuff? Or are you selling items that you can order, and then just buy them if you need them?

Yes, I sold all the furniture I couldn't hold in my home just to make room for turnips.

I've stopped going to the island. Too much convoluted effort. I don't want all my expansions/public works projects in like 10 days. I'm just going to play like I used to on Wild World and occasionally use the island for the odd spurt of cash.

If you're complaining about grinding on the island... then stop.

Pau

For turnips, is anyone finding they have limited space in their lockers as they collect more stuff? Or are you selling items that you can order, and then just buy them if you need them?
Doing the latter. I'm only keeping clothes so far but even then I think I have way too much. Certainly more shoes than I have in real life. D:

I've had this game since launch, playing every day, but I've never seen Redd in my town. I need to get some paintings. Is it possible I'm just missing him? I usually play every morning and evening.

suzu

I only spend like a total of 30-40 min on the island to fill up my inventory, and I only do it once a night -- so it doesn't feel too much like grinding. lol

----

OT3 should be trimmed a little bit, and have more FAQ/guides/links added.

UberTag

This is the only week in the game where space was really tight for me.
I'm ultra-paranoid about selling stuff off I might want access to until my catalog shows up (which it will when T&T Mart opens tomorrow).
Once I have catalog access I'll be selling/giving away pretty much anything I have no long-term utility for.

Plus, I'll have additional museum space starting this weekend to dump crap I can't reorder from the catalog that I don't want in my house (i.e. Nintendo paraphernalia, gyroids).

I will have at least one entire locker full of turnips this Sunday. And possibly MORE than one entire locker full of turnips factoring in my alternates (who will become defacto custom pattern mules).

Garland7G

I've had this game since launch, playing every day, but I've never seen Redd in my town. I need to get some paintings. Is it possible I'm just missing him? I usually play every morning and evening.

impossible to miss him, he'll be parked in the town square till like midnight. Had him twice so far.

Edit: Had a villager give me a painting before, and it was real!

abundant

Me too. He has only appeared once for me. I need that darn artwork so I can build the museum shop!

Pau

This is the only week in the game where space was really tight for me.
I'm ultra-paranoid about selling stuff off I might want access to until my catalog shows up (which it will when T&T Mart opens tomorrow).
Once I have catalog access I'll be selling/giving away pretty much anything I have no long-term utility for.

Plus, I'll have additional museum space starting this weekend to dump crap I can't reorder from the catalog that I don't want in my house (i.e. Nintendo paraphernalia, gyroids).

I will have at least one entire locker full of turnips this Sunday. And possibly MORE than one entire locker full of turnips factoring in my alternates (who will become defacto custom pattern mules).
You can't order gyroids?

Whoops.

McSpidey

I present to you
tumblr_mozpzcgUir1sw751vo1_400.jpg

Princess Link

UberTag

You can't order gyroids?

Whoops.
From the FAQ...

51) GYROIDS
131 gyroids are needed to complete the catalog.

All gyroids are not available for purchase from the catalog.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If I buy a second copy of the game and move a save game over, what comes with it? Locker contents, personal inventory, house? Or nothing but the shirt on your back?

Opened up one exhibit room. Plenty of space in there and I like that I can have all four rooms to myself. Guess I know where to place additional turnips this Sunday

Roto13

Got my first piece of gold furniture.
tumblr_mp0um6AQUB1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

He doesn't ask you what you want to make. He just makes something. Blah. It'll take forever to get all of the gold furniture. :p

I bet you could....
1002791_631525343526646_1543568555_n.jpg

My peach orchard planted:
1017596_631525353526645_1656426266_n.jpg

Of all the times to not have a slingshot. This is like the third balloon I've seen today.
1016091_631525373526643_1939990812_n.jpg

Got my museum second floor. Moved all my Nintendo stuff there.
1010268_631525383526642_1474605259_n.jpg

My sapphire-coated Modern Bed:
1000555_631525393526641_54891734_n.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got my first piece of gold furniture.
tumblr_mp0um6AQUB1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

He doesn't ask you what you want to make. He just makes something. Blah. It'll take forever to get all of the gold furniture. :p

Mine was the bed. Yeah, wish you could choose :/ I wonder if he'll make dupes or just run through everything.

Place more green-colored furniture towards the southern edge of your rooms to increase the probability of Redd stocking genuine artwork the next time he visits.
In each room? Okay, that makes sense, I've had green furniture in the bottom of my main room, but I keep adding more rooms without putting the green furniture in them.

UberTag

In each room? Okay, that makes sense, I've had green furniture in the bottom of my main room, but I keep adding more rooms without putting the green furniture in them.
The folks over on GameFAQs are insisting the feng shui bonuses will kick in for every room. I've only been focusing on my main room myself. The HHA bonus for feng shui applies to every room but I'm not convinced the feng shui influence to other metrics does.

One detail I can reinforce from the FAQ is that pure green furniture, clothing and gyroids will have a greater influence on your FS score than items with a mix of colors. You'll want double greens in those squares instead of a green-blue item for instance.

You also don't want LARGE items in those squares as they only count towards your feng shui score a single time and eat up a lot of territory. Far better to have a bunch of single-square items.

Better yet, find small tables that have a feng shui score and stick additional feng shui influencers on top of them. Some tables may not even start off a certain color and can be shifted over to it. Grab a white minimalist mini-table, customize it to moss green and stick a double-green Luigi hat on top of it.

Or dress a mannequin up in a whole bunch of feng shui clothing and place it in a single square.

Find feng shui influencers that hang on walls and don't take up space at all.

Lastly, there's an artificial limit to the amount of items you can store in a single room. I hit it in my main floor last night which means I'm going to start clearing out space in my central area so I can allocate more territory to wall-mount/table padding.

Of all the times to not have a slingshot. This is like the third balloon I've seen today.
1016091_631525373526643_1939990812_n.jpg

You can wait until it reaches the cliff and drops down a bit, then smack it with your net.

OR you can visit my town and I'll give you a free silver slingshot on account of I have three of them plus a gold one. PMing you my friend code.

The folks over on GameFAQs are insisting the feng shui bonuses will kick in for every room. I've only been focusing on my main room myself. The HHA bonus for feng shui applies to every room but I'm not convinced the feng shui influence to other metrics does.

One detail I can reinforce from the FAQ is that pure green furniture, clothing and gyroids will have a greater influence on your FS score than items with a mix of colors. You'll want double greens in those squares instead of a green-blue item for instance.

You also don't want LARGE items in those squares as they only count towards your feng shui score a single time and eat up a lot of territory. Far better to have a bunch of single-square items.

Better yet, find small tables that have a feng shui score and stick additional feng shui influencers on top of them. Some tables may not even start off a certain color and can be shifted over to it. Grab a white minimalist mini-table, customize it to moss green and stick a double-green Luigi hat on top of it.

Or dress a mannequin up in a whole bunch of feng shui clothing and place it in a single square.

Find feng shui influencers that hang on walls and don't take up space at all.

Lastly, there's an artificial limit to the amount of items you can store in a single room. I hit it in my main floor last night which means I'm going to start clearing out space in my central area so I can allocate more territory to wall-mount/table padding.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the info.
I need to stop accidentally selling my tools. Just sold my silver fishing rod.

In other news, o hai mr resetti how r u
It makes me wish that you couldn't sell them. You already can't list them at the flea market.

Shahadan

You can wait until it reaches the cliff and drops down a bit, then smack it with your net.

OR you can visit my town and I'll give you a free silver slingshot on account of I have three of them plus a gold one. PMing you my friend code.

I'd really like a slingshot if that's ok. I see balloons everywhere and still no slingshot in sight? Pretty please? :eek:

Chucker

My turnips are at an abysmal 23 bells. Anybody got a good price on turnips? Also I have 2 sets of Samus Mask, Varia pants and Varia Boots, if anybody would like to trade for a Varia Suit.

SmithnCo

Paying 100k each to catalog these:

Kitchen Sink (not regular sink)
Box Corner Sofa
Cash Register
Hologram Machine
Sleek Side Table
Egg in Pan item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom