• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E.

Is my OCD getting the better of me. Do I need to water flowers everyday or will every other day do?

Shakin every tree and watering every flower is time consuming. I have a black tulip though.

UberTag

Is my OCD getting the better of me. Do I need to water flowers everyday or will every other day do?

Shakin every tree and watering every flower is time consuming. I have a black tulip though.
It's a little OCD on the flowers front given how much rain we've been getting.

SmithnCo

tumblr_mp0mbed1os1sr5pp4o1_400.jpg

I love having that little Metroid.

What's that flooring called?

beta_fuse

This is completely hilarious and unexpected. I have this one villager who's got kind of a jock personality and he told me to change his catchphrase and so I was feeling random and I changed it to "Que pasa!" and he responded "Gracias, brahmigo!" This is the first Spanish thing I've put into the whole game, so it was really shocking and funny.

That's awesome. This game has so many little things that make it so great.

This is completely hilarious and unexpected. I have this one villager who's got kind of a jock personality and he told me to change his catchphrase and so I was feeling random and I changed it to "Que pasa!" and he responded "Gracias, brahmigo!" This is the first Spanish thing I've put into the whole game, so it was really shocking and funny.

One of my villages asked me for a new catchphrase so I changed it to "hail satan"! He seems to dig it so far. :)

MicH

OOOH! I just got another badge from Phineas - the silver gardening one :D I bet it's for planting all them bushes. Seriously. There's like HUNDRED of them.

I wonder how many will be dead tomorrow. Probably a lot :(

Linius

OOOH! I just got another badge from Phineas - the silver gardening one :D I bet it's for planting all them bushes. Seriously. There's like HUNDRED of them.

I wonder how many will be dead tomorrow. Probably a lot :(

I got two badges for turnip dealing the other day :p

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I keep getting doubles of fortune cookie Nintendo stuff and I'm hating it! Went to my friends town and dumped like 10 items for him. All I want it a Virtual Boy for my Nintendo room but nooooooooo have more Triforces, Anthony!!!

MicH

I've heard conflicting info on that front though.
My flowers don't sparkle if left to the rain. Some have said rain doesn't water the flowers, odd???
The rain DOES water the flowers. It DOES NOT make them sparkle, but they still get watered. No wilted flowers the next day.

The whole grinding for bells thing on the island is starting to get really tedious and old for me and it takes waaaay too long to make bells on the mainland. Ugh.

Berordn

The whole grinding for bells thing on the island is starting to get really tedious and old for me and it takes waaaay too long to make bells on the mainland. Ugh.

Stalk Market remains the best get rich quick scheme, especially with how someone on GAF is likely to have 500+ sale prices at some point in the week.

zigg

The rain DOES water the flowers. It DOES NOT make them sparkle, but they still get watered. No wilted flowers the next day.
Have you verified that rain restores wilted flowers?

Rain definitely does prevent wilting, though. I've witnessed that.

I keep getting doubles of fortune cookie Nintendo stuff and I'm hating it! Went to my friends town and dumped like 10 items for him. All I want it a Virtual Boy for my Nintendo room but nooooooooo have more Triforces, Anthony!!!

Same here. Nothing but Arwings, various Samus/Link clothing items and Mario furniture. No Virtual Boy, Metroid, Fi Mask or Pikmin hats.

Omg that is too freaking cool. I love this game. <3

Slightly off topic. Anyone else find them selves not going into other threads anymore? At least on the gaming side, I was just in the Conan e3 thread and my word everyone is so, ....Jaded. Everyone seems to have a chip on their shoulder and complain about everything. There's so much hate and frustration on Gaf right now it seems. What I'm trying to say is, you guys are da best. This thread brings a huge smile to my face.

Alec

Slightly off topic. Anyone else find them selves not going into other threads anymore? At least on the gaming side, I was just in the Conan e3 thread and my word everyone is so, ....Jaded. Everyone seems to have a chip on their shoulder and complain about everything. There's so much hate and frustration on Gaf right now it seems. What I'm trying to say is, you guys are da best. This thread brings a huge smile to my face.

Yeah, NeoGAF's main page used to be my major refresh hog, but now I spend all of my time in here. It's a little absurd.

Animekatt

I know I have the lemon table and the Apple clock, but I will have to reorder them and get them to you tomorrow. Is that ok?

(My mailbox is gonna explode tomorrow haha)

Pariah JUST gave me the lemon table, but I still need the clock. Thanks again!

Linius

Yeah, NeoGAF's main page used to be my major refresh hog, but now I spend all of my time in here. It's a little absurd.

Pretty much the same for me. Though I wasn't in much threads before. It was always Football Gaf, Dutch Gaf and various TV show threads :p

MicH

Very busy day today, but let's go back to last night where I saw this floating by.

tumblr_moz8xr17Ez1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Ooooh! A golden slingshot! But.. I don't have the silver one yet??

And then cut to just a few hours ago where this came floating by:

tumblr_mp0nt33o2x1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Silver slingshot.. you are late!

I found that pretty funny. The order in which they appear seems a bit messed up, lol.

I started the day of by running into Phineas again. He gave me the turnip trader badge and some other badge I cannot recall what was (whoops)

tumblr_mozl699Z4x1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Thanks to Busaiku for letting me sell my turnips for 549 bells each!

He also gave me this lovely badge. My first silver one, too!

tumblr_mp0ntuzwqI1svgayqo1_400.jpg

This is most likely for all those bushes I've been planting. Sooo many!

I got absolutely zero hybrids today. A little disappointing, but after getting FIVE yesterday, I think it's alright after all.

Blaire, who camped out in Dewford two days ago, settling on a piece of land today. But it is RIGHT where I wanted my park :(Oh well, at least she didn't wreck my flower beds or my pathways.

tumblr_mozqrwTwVS1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Yaaaaay!!

On the beach I ran into Gulliver again.. but he did seem kind of.. out of it.

tumblr_mozl70XA691svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oh man, Gullivr. You so mean :(

This is the second time I run into Gulliver, yet I still haven't met Gracie or Katrina...

I opened the second floor of the museum today.

tumblr_mozl8lDoN31svgayqo1_400.jpg

Only Gayle cared to show up? Come on, guys. Buncha slackers!

She wanted me to buy this gigantic "fancy frame" behind which I hid from Celeste.

tumblr_mozl7s68Bs1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Ehh, you're welcome, Celeste.

I started building a new street lamp next to one of my pathways. I still need to build one on the other side.

tumblr_mozqr6Rwqi1svgayqo1_400.jpg

This is gonna look preeettyyyy.

Porter was a bit out of it today when I wanted to invite some guests over. It seems our train station has been selected for remodeling? I guess that's cool, but I wanted to build another street lamp tomorrow! I guess that'll have to wait.

tumblr_mp0bsxR01X1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I wonder what kind of remodeling it will go under.. Exciting1

AND I saved the best for last. Guess who came running all excited towards me? No, not Muffy unfortunately, but hopefully she will be next. Annalise is MOVING OUT ON THE 1ST OF JULY. YESSSSSSSSSSS. Get outta here, horsie!

tumblr_mozqqeMOi41svgayqo1_400.jpg

I told her to leave and she was all sad. I hope you find a better home, lol

MicH

Have you verified that rain restores wilted flowers?

Rain definitely does prevent wilting, though. I've witnessed that.
Yes, I am 99% certain of that. I never water my flowers unless they are hybrids or wilted. I do not water wilted flowers when it's raining. They all turn out fine the next day. Not 100% sure, but I am almost 100% sure :p

Pariah JUST gave me the lemon table, but I still need the clock. Thanks again!
Sure. I ordered a watermelon table as well, as I saw I had that.

EDIT: doublepost, sorry guys

Animekatt

Yes, I am 99% certain of that. I never water my flowers unless they are hybrids or wilted. I do not water wilted flowers when it's raining. They all turn out fine the next day. Not 100% sure, but I am almost 100% sure :p

Sure. I ordered a watermelon table as well, as I saw I had that.

EDIT: doublepost, sorry guys

Yay. Definitely will be upgrading the kitchen first.

Linius

Made a little island trip to push my bells up to seven million again. Despite the fact I build a modern bridge today I try to keep around that figure. Paying off another Nook loan tomorrow though :p

even in the rain it's a nice spot
P3GVAVj.jpg

sometimes it's the little things . . .
rdMAaPi.jpg

my new favorite villager being camera shy
nBUn3Jv.jpg

wow
3gjaThP.jpg

already fading when Soul showed up
b0vQG82.jpg

deep thoughts
u6eo1fx.jpg

feels like home
o876hAj.jpg

what are we watching??
zuDWzqM.jpg

jammin'
JK044uW.jpg

rainbow all but gone :(
6Ada8B2.jpg

This game . . . This game . . .

zigg

Cool. Yeah, I've been trying to influence which hybrids I get by hitting up wilted flowers plus the pairs I want to breed. (I have a stock of red+ roses now, which is obviously my first choice, though I guess from my looking into it that it'll probably take awhile… someone quoted three months to get that precious blue!)

When it was raining, I never had a wilted flower. I can't bring myself to leave a wilted flower unwatered, though, even if it's raining. ;)

UberTag

Anyone know if a set all has to be in the same room for HHA points or can it be spread across multiple rooms?
Has to be in the same room I'm afraid.
I believe the only HHA metric that factors in item inclusion across multiple rooms is the Daily Necessities bonus (for bed, chair, table, dresser and wardrobe).

Velcro Fly

Got my QR machine and Cyrus is awake now too! Big things happening in Narnia! Almost ready to start the great fruit orchard project.

SmithnCo

Has to be in the same room I'm afraid.
I believe the only HHA metric that factors in item inclusion across multiple rooms is the Daily Necessities bonus (for bed, chair, table, dresser and wardrobe).

Ok. I'll probably go for the top score then change it up after that then. Don't need a bed in every room, lol.

Busaiku

I've probably got enough money to pay my debts now, and with all the fruits I've got, probably cover any projects for some time as well.
Guess I should start restoring the Island at last.

UberTag

Ok. I'll probably go for the top score then change it up after that then. Don't need a bed in every room, lol.
Have fun going after that 1.1 million plateau.

I'm thinking we're going to need TWO full sets per room (one with corresponding wallpaper and flooring/carpet) in order to pull that trick off.
That means two beds per room. We'll also need every lucky item in the game... and some actual luck on top of that (namely stocking up on villager pictures).

At least the HHA prizes are all exterior-based after 150K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom