• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

My town ranking upgraded! Or...downgraded? Not sure.

It has "so so/alright" for the past week.

But today it is "Hmmmm...it's not a passing grade, but it's not really failing either...so middle ground! It's like this town is more than friends but not a couple yet. It needs commitment!"

I wonder what the couple line means.
I got this exact rating yesterday as well, after having the so-so one. Weird

Gotta buy 31, 50 and 51 items from the two stores. I think 31 at Labelle and 50 and 51 in the clothes store. I always mix up the sisters lol.
I hope this is the case because I definitely haven't been buying that much. I do now though :p

Yep I still have them, and retail still open. But I really learn something from today. Many of my hybrid flower were gone, there's few people from facebook forum i follow who only want to sell without even leave me tip.. I've got my mushroom gone.. :/

But Nevermind...
If you want to sell yours I still have like 45 minutes before I'm going out :)
Just pm or leave me your FC... there's few slots left.

Just send you a PM, don't know if im too late.

MicH

QDxEHf2.png
Don't crush my hopes :(

Thanks for sharing these! Keep posting, your town looks great. And thanks for the info about Katrina. Had no idea she could move into your town.
Thank you! I'm glad someone reads them :) I quite like doing a daily journal. I hope more people will start doing it.

I have been putting a lot of time into improving my town so I think deserve that rating. More public works!
I am 99% sure it is purely because of the number if public works we have now. Even though I've done a lot of landscaping as well

Linius

I unlocked the QR machine, but how do I become Sable's best friend?! Do I keep talking to her, even when I don't want to use the machine? Or do I keep using the machine?

My guess is that it happens at a random moment. As far as I know you're best friends with Sable when you get the QR Machine right?

dsvoid

Neo Member
I understand this isn't New Leaf related but might interest the player base. I recently learned that Dolphin Emulator has a Free Look option, and so one of the first things I did was toy with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing.

I understand this isn't New Leaf related but might interest the player base. I recently learned that Dolphin Emulator has a Free Look option, and so one of the first things I did was toy with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing.

I've always wondered what a behind-the-back perspective AC would be like. Hope it's an option in the Wii U version.

Koomaster

I don't know why, but that almost seems like a nightmare version of AC; all the pitch black skies and endless oceans. It's like AC if it took place at the end of the universe.

I still prefer the acre system of that game, though. Having the world curve just looks weird to me.

I still prefer the acre system of that game, though. Having the world curve just looks weird to me.

I like the world curve, but I wish you could optionally flip the camera to a bit more of an overhead view, if possible. It's really hard to see fish in a river above you, for example.

dsvoid

Neo Member
I don't know why, but that almost seems like a nightmare version of AC; all the pitch black skies and endless oceans. It's like AC if it took place at the end of the universe.

The worst part is that the gamecube version has ALWAYS had this pitch blackness right in front of you. I sense a powerful metaphor approaching.

Chuckpebble

Wild World wins for portability. If WW had been closer to the Gamecube version as indicated in early screenshots, would definitely be best.

Eh, I really hated controlling Wild World. Digital controls are bad enough, but the D-pad on my DS Lite was just horrible when it came to inputting diagonals. Really hurt the experience for me. I like the square in PG, with 4 houses to move into. I also really liked that I could just whip up another town with a spare memory card.

Koomaster

Wild World wins for portability. If WW had been closer to the Gamecube version as indicated in early screenshots, would definitely be best.
New Leaf is also portable and for me beats Wild World. I actually loaded up my Wild World save again because there was a pattern I made there I wanted to recreate for New Leaf. Man, the difference was readily apparent. The frame rate alone made it seem ancient. It was kind of hard to play on the DSL even though I used to play it all the time. New Leaf is frankly easier on the eyes. :p

New Leaf is also portable and for me beats Wild World. I actually loaded up my Wild World save again because there was a pattern I made there I wanted to recreate for New Leaf. Man, the difference was readily apparent. The frame rate alone made it seem ancient. It was kind of hard to play on the DSL even though I used to play it all the time. New Leaf is frankly easier on the eyes. :p

Sorry, best before 2013! New Leaf is definitely superior :)

Also, SAMUS MASK BABEH. YEEEEEEEAAH.

Berordn

Eh, I really hated controlling Wild World. Digital controls are bad enough, but the D-pad on my DS Lite was just horrible when it came to inputting diagonals. Really hurt the experience for me. I like the square in PG, with 4 houses to move into. I also really liked that I could just whip up another town with a spare memory card.

Wild World was also 100% playable with touchscreen controls and that was pretty close to analog control. If you were insistent on using buttons I could see how it felt like a compromised experience.

Wild World had less features than the GC Animal Crossing, such as the lack of real holidays. It was really only popular because it was portable Animal Crossing. That's why people were so disappointed with City Folk since it was barely upgraded from Wild World.

Thankfully, New Leaf has a lot of stuff in it and it's portable. Best of both worlds. =)

Stat!

Loving AC so far (after not being able to do anything at midnight last night) but doing things this morning.

Does anyone have a fishing rod or axe for sale? Trying to figure out the online stuff but I badly need these things ASAP!

FC: 1821-9832-6293

Berordn

Wild World had less features than the GC Animal Crossing, such as the lack of real holidays. It was really only popular because it was portable Animal Crossing. That's why people were so disappointed with City Folk since it was barely upgraded from Wild World.

Thankfully, New Leaf has a lot of stuff in it and it's portable. Best of both worlds. =)

I don't know if I'd say that was the only reason it was popular, though it was probably the biggest draw.

It had more character customization, more freedom in the town, more furniture to collect, a bigger home, HAIR, villagers started redecorating their homes (kind of), more things to catch and hunt, the addition of the Roost and simultaneous multiplayer. Even the sky was a neat addition at the time because of how much stuff ended up there.

The loss of holidays was upsetting and having a bigger town in the GC version was always nice, but it was still an enhanced experience overall.

Linius

I don't own any Nintendo home consoles so I only play portable AC games. Don't think I could put in as many hours as I do now on a console version. I love to play in bed, on the train, sitting with my parents downstairs etc. Having to boot up a console and sit there is not the AC experience I would like.

Eyothrie

I'm missing something. What should I be donating to the 4th room in the museum, the first door on the right. Is it art? Where do I find this stuff? I don't think I've run into a single piece to donate!

Yesterday was Deena's birthday so: dance party! She and Pate danced for hours at Deena's place. And I'm starting to see some progress with my hybrids though I'm still in the LOL-I-have-no-what-I'm-doing-phase.

tumblr_mp3tqvMUZW1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp27x7XhME1qa25kqo2_400.jpg

I finally caught my beast after days of trying to find one (then rushed it to the museum like it was on fire). And I built myself a hammock right outside my house as a reward for being such a good mayor. It just needs a fruit tree for shade.

tumblr_mp2q6xv4Kr1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp3ts1cqBE1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

I chased down a butterfly from Limberg and got a questionable gift in return. But had a nice surprise waiting for me on Main Street. Not sure how long it will be until I can visit Shrunk and start learning emotions.

tumblr_mp3tu6PClu1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp3tnx4iaj1qa25kqo2_400.jpg

Today I'll be clearing out these trees on the cliff for a lighthouse project. (Hopefully it fits.) And spending the evening enjoying the view on the island.

tumblr_mp3tvpTy701qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp27vhJtuz1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Garland7G

I'm missing something. What should I be donating to the 4th room in the museum, the first door on the right. Is it art? Where do I find this stuff? I don't think I've run into a single piece to donate!

Redd will sometimes visit your town to sell art for that room. villagers can also give/trade you some.

Loving AC so far (after not being able to do anything at midnight last night) but doing things this morning.

Does anyone have a fishing rod or axe for sale? Trying to figure out the online stuff but I badly need these things ASAP!

FC: 1821-9832-6293

I have a spare one of each I could leave for you in front of the train station if you'd like to pick them up. The axe is unused so it'll last for a few trees at least. If you want to add me, my FC and town name are in my profile. Let me know and I'll open my gates for you.

Oh, and if you need any fruit to get an orchard started, I have some of everything in storage that I could drop for you. I'll be around for another hour.

Anyone collecting gyroids? I have a mega puffoid, a mega rustoid, and a tall gongoid that anyone's welcome to.

Grizzo

Attention everyone, Redd is in my town today and he is selling a genuine painting that I already have (got it from one of my neighbours).

It's the "fine painting" (Arearea by Paul Gauguin). If somebody's interested please tell me and I'll open my gates for you to come and get it (can't help thinking about Selena Gomez's song as I'm typing this) !

Here's my Friend Code :

3179 6555 9880

Linius

Attention everyone, Redd is in my town today and he is selling a genuine painting that I already have (got it from one of my neighbours).

It's the "fine painting" (Arearea by Paul Gauguin). If somebody's interested please tell me and I'll open my gates for you to come and get it (can't help thinking about Selena Gomez's song as I'm typing this) !

Here's my Friend Code :

3179 6555 9880

Any way you can hold it for me till tomorrow?

Berordn

Here's my Friend Code :

3179 6555 9880

Hm... I want it, but Redd's also in my town today and it'd probably be better for someone who needs a museum donation to get it.

Oxx

Ah, so I can donate art to the museum. I had been avoiding Redd because i didn't want to get saddled with fake art.

Berordn

Ah, so I can donate art to the museum. I had been avoiding Redd because i didn't want to get saddled with fake art.

If you're ever concerned about that, snap some pictures of what he's got for sale and everyone in the thread can probably pinpoint if something's real or not.

Koomaster

I don't know if I'd say that was the only reason it was popular, though it was probably the biggest draw.

It had more character customization, more freedom in the town, more furniture to collect, a bigger home, HAIR, villagers started redecorating their homes (kind of), more things to catch and hunt, the addition of the Roost and simultaneous multiplayer. Even the sky was a neat addition at the time because of how much stuff ended up there.

The loss of holidays was upsetting and having a bigger town in the GC version was always nice, but it was still an enhanced experience overall.
I will agree with this. The loss of holidays was pretty big and most noticeable in most people's eyes. But it was still (pardon the pun) wildly popular because of all the new features coupled with being portable.

Grizzo

Any way you can hold it for me till tomorrow?

I already bought another genuine painting from him today so I can't buy anything else, sorry :( Otherwise yeah I would have done that.

Hm... I want it, but Redd's also in my town today and it'd probably be better for someone who needs a museum donation to get it.

Yeah, you're probably right. If anyone don't have any real painting donated to the museum and is looking for one (
to open the second floor
), I'll gladly let them have it.

Here's my Friend Code :

3179 6555 9880

I'd like it as well. I don't know if its gone yet, but its worth a try.

Tc91

I already bought another genuine painting from him today so I can't buy anything else, sorry :( Otherwise yeah I would have done that.

Yeah, you're probably right. If anyone don't have any real painting donated to the museum and is looking for one (
to open the second floor
), I'll gladly let them have it.

I'd love to have it if that's okay :) I'm still a noob at AC but I'm getting there, unlocked the island today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom