• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Does the campsite become the villager's house or do I have to keep this campsite around for all of eternity?

Have a chat with mr. Tom Nook up on main and it will be upgraded for you

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I finally acquired the fishing rod, and I just got finished with a fishing session. That started several hours ago. I am addicted.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK so I posted this picture yesterday:
tumblr_mp28cnIbT31svkqkfo1_400.jpg

And this is the same area today:
tumblr_mp3iskNMSc1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Even though the two bushes to the left were a day behind in their planting they are sprouting flowers at the same time as their older companions.

No idea if the rain was involved in all this and I didn't water them which maybe I should of. Just an odd observation.

Does the campsite become the villager's house or do I have to keep this campsite around for all of eternity?

It's basically a way of screening villagers before they move into your town. If you totally ignore them, or tell them to not move in when they ask, they won't.

Stops random plebs just moving in.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Been trying for 1/2 hour to snag a char but all I ever get under the waterfall are bass and carps. Uncommon, huh? I've caught 5 coelecanths but have yet to see one char. Honestly, yet to see a tarantula either.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's basically a way of screening villagers before they move into your town. If you totally ignore them, or tell them to not move in when they ask, they won't.

Stops random plebs just moving in.

does it also block normal houses from being built? i.e if you choose the campsite as your first public works, can you basically control who moves in after that? I think I'm a bit late because we already have a bunch of people here (some of which I'd rather not)

Been trying for 1/2 hour to snag a char but all I ever get under the waterfall are bass and carps. Uncommon, huh? I've caught 5 coelecanths but have yet to see one char. Honestly, yet to see a tarantula either.

You're at the wrong waterfall. It has to be the one connecting to the ocean.

And char don't appear at night.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Are you using the river-ocean waterfall?
If not, go atop of it, and "save and continue" until you see a fish under the waterfall.

one_kill

Anyone looking for a Midna's Mask, Kart, or Varia Suit pants? I've got duplicates to trade.
Mainly looking for Metroid stuff (I also have the boots), but I'm open to anything Nintendo I don't have.

Talk to him over and over until he wakes up.
Then answer his question correctly for a neat item in the mail the next day.

Damn. Had him the very first evening I played this game on my shore and assumed he's there everyday..

Anyone looking for a Midna's Mask, Kart, or Varia Suit pants? I've got duplicates to trade.
Mainly looking for Metroid stuff (I also have the boots), but I'm open to anything Nintendo I don't have.

Blue Pikmin hat for the mask? : )

bs000

Hero's Boots, Virtual Boy, Toad Hat, or Big Bro's Stasche for Midna's Mask?

does it also block normal houses from being built? i.e if you choose the campsite as your first public works, can you basically control who moves in after that? I think I'm a bit late because we already have a bunch of people here (some of which I'd rather not)

How it works is this;

1) A villager moves into your campsite (tent) on a day. They will be there for that day.
2) You can either convince or dissuade the villager from moving into your town, so let's say you want them.
3) DAY 1: Convince animal in tent to move in.
4) DAY 2: Tent disappears, no house being built
5) DAY 3: House of tent animal appears in construction
6) DAY 4: Tent animal moves into your town.

Oxx

Buying and selling turnips is a but tedious, but quicker than visiting the island for hours.

I'll be ready for Sunday.

brb, need to run around my house to get Play Coins. If it's more Mario items today I'll rage quit. Question; are Fortune Cookies fixed? Could some unscrupulous individual, without Resetti's wrath to content with, reset and get different items?

Chaos17

How it works is this;

1) A villager moves into your campsite (tent) on a day. They will be there for that day.
2) You can either convince or dissuade the villager from moving into your town, so let's say you want them.
So if I understand well, I can decide with campsite where I want the future house will be built ? Or is it just to choose which futur neighboor/animal I want ?

So if I understand well, I can decide with campsite where I want the future house will be built ? Or is it just to choose which futur neighboor/animal I want ?

No, the house placement is still random unfortunately. You can basically see a new villager early and persuade him to move in or tell him to leave.

How it works is this;

Is the campsite gone for good after this?

CoolS

Do we have a list somewhere of great towns to visit with the Dream Suite? Mine just finished today and I wanna see some cool towns.

Gregorn

Do we have a list somewhere of great towns to visit with the Dream Suite? Mine just finished today and I wanna see some cool towns.

I've heard this is good, but haven't been there myself. I think it's meant to be creepy.

2600-0218-7298

At some point we'll get rumours about towns created by murders and their insanity can be see in their town.

Just a few days in and I'm still trying to get my approval rating up, and I've just payed off my house, should be ready tomorrow. Where can I get a fishing rod from, I've been to all of the stores and they don't have any. I've been playing only during the late evening, could that be the reason?

MicH

If anyone needs Varia Suit pants, I got an extra pair today. Would like Link's hat/pants, but any Pikmin items, but Coin, Starman or Fire Flower are accepted as well

Nope, goes back to the "no tent" position until a new villager camps out. Presumably if you have the max amount of villagers (10), no tents will appear, though I can't be sure.
This is definitely true. I've had no campers ever since I got my 10th villager.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone needs Varia Suit pants, I got an extra pair today. Would like Link's hat/pants, but any Pikmin items or Coin, Starman or Fire Flower are accepted as well

This is definitely true. I've had no campers ever since I got my 10th villager.

I just had the tent occupied two days in a row, none of whom could move in because I had reached the limit of ten villagers.
Not true.

UberTag

Anyone available for an early-morning Katie delivery? I need to ferry her somewhere.
I can bring a fruit basket along as well. Just let me know what kind you need.

My friend code is available on my profile page. Many thanks!

So I had a neighbor move out on the 23rd, and I've had no one move in since. :( I've been stuck at 8 neighbors for what seems like for ever. I need new things in my life animal crossing!

So I had a neighbor move out on the 23rd, and I've had no one move in since. :( I've been stuck at 8 neighbors for what seems like for ever. I need new things in my life animal crossing!
Go out and snatch some from other towns. (With permission, of course.) That's how I got Octavian.

Build a campsite too.

Garland7G

Anyone available for an early-morning Katie delivery? I need to ferry her somewhere.
I can bring a fruit basket along as well. Just let me know what kind you need.

My friend code is available on my profile page. Many thanks!

adding you right now, my FC is in my profile also.

MicH

So tody has been fairly interesting. The first thing I did this morning was receive A LOT of mail (mailbox was full.. again) which consisted of some modern wood furniture and some more glass displays. I also got an invitation from Blaire who is celebrating her birthday on July 3rd! Cool.

I then went to see Isabelle who suggested we held a ceremony for completing the train station remodeling.

tumblr_mp3lqhWfz51svgayqo1_400.jpg

I hope you like your new home, Porter!

I really like this one. It is much better than the drab old one. And the other options weren't really my taste. The modern one is absolutely hideous.

tumblr_mp3lr8z4iC1svgayqo1_400.jpg

A little bit of Japan in my town.I like it!

My bushes started blooming today and they look prettier than ever. A few died again today, BUT I think it was only three in total, so that is okay. I got some of the ones, which were dea yesterday, to grow today! YES!

tumblr_mp3ls33It91svgayqo1_400.jpg

This is my favorite area in the game.

I got two new special visitors today. I met Katie for the first time.

tumblr_mp3lsvrAJN1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Awww, she's all grown up now!

And FINALLY Katrina paid my town a visit. Thank goodness. Now I just need Gracie.

tumblr_mp3lvcaH8Y1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Fortune tiiiime1

tumblr_mp3lukhEh41svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oooh, she's talking about Tortimer!

She told me my lucky item was shorts, but since I already am wearing shorts, I am good to go! Yay!

After two days of no hybrids, I finally got one today. Another pink lily, which I now have two of. Exciting! I hope the purple rose, which Coquette was nice enough to lend me, will help make more purple roses. That will have to do another day.

tumblr_mp3ltnmp921svgayqo1_400.jpg

Yaaaaay! My town is pink and orange flowerwise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom