• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dock

tumblr_mp217gzU721svgayqo1_400.jpg

Did you use five of your design slots to get this edged paving? Looks amazing, but... yikes. You only have 3 to work with?

Levi

Banned
Trading Nintendo items!

tumblr_mp405ihyUJ1qz9t7co1_400.jpg

I have: Super Mushroom, Varia suit, Samus helmet, Warp Pipe, Fire Flower, Toad Hat, Virtual Boy, Green Shell or if you are collecting a theme I can check my catalog-- I buy all the furniture every day just to catalog it.

I want--

Astro items: NONE. Set complete!

Space items: Lunar wallpaper. Moon.

Misc. Items: Gold armor pants, Mummy's casket, Sphynx.

Friend code 1263 6107 8886. Town name Dredfort. PM your friend codes. I'm on the mobile site and can't check your profile. If more than one person offers a trade I'll accept them in order of when the Pm is sent

SeZMehK

Man, how is that everyone is getting new public works projects while I still have the basic stuff from the beginning plus an illuminated tree... >.> I WANT MORE PROJECTS... :/

Grizzo

So finally it seems like I'll have to cave in and create a "mule" character, since the poster at the entrance of the exhibits on the second floor takes up a design pattern for each of them. So inconvenient...

You would think that after 3 (4 counting the N64 one) Animal Crossing games, they would finally understand that people love to draw designs and put them everywhere. Why would you put a 10-per-character limitation (including the flag and everything you would like to wear) ? I guess they have their reasons but I don't get it for now.

Alec

Man, how is that everyone is getting new public works projects while I still have the basic stuff from the beginning plus an illuminated tree... >.> I WANT MORE PROJECTS... :/

I have found that you have to constantly build new public works (even if you don't want them) and keep talking\doing favors for your villagers.

PKrockin

Don't feel bad. I have exactly one yellow bench.

Damn animals complaining about not enough public works projects but have only suggested like a dozen...

So finally it seems like I'll have to cave in and create a "mule" character, since the poster at the entrance of the exhibits on the second floor takes up a design pattern for each of them. So inconvenient...

You would think that after 3 (4 counting the N64 one) Animal Crossing games, they would finally understand that people love to draw designs and put them everywhere. Why would you put a 10-per-character limitation (including the flag and everything you would like to wear) ? I guess they have their reasons but I don't get it for now.

Rewritable memory is expensive, and I guess they wanted an even 4 villagers per cart.

Koren

Did you use five of your design slots to get this edged paving? Looks amazing, but... yikes. You only have 3 to work with?
You have 10, not 8?

That being said, you can't do such a thing without at least 9 (four sides, four external corners) and 12 would be better. And that's just for a 4-way path...

It's really a pity that you can't turn them at least.

I wanted diagonals, and that's hellish:
- more slots unavailable
- there's no transparency, so it's difficult to hide the "unused triangle"
- interpolation is bad, so you get a thin green line inside your path (along the side of the pattern, you get a bit of the color of the other side of the pattern)

Nope. It sucks, but your town will look amazing when you're finally done.
It's nice if you like 4-way paths and periodicity. If you want anything more than that, I wouldn't say it's amazing. But I still like those paths.

Is there an easier way of dumping path patterns instead of going to the design folder and laborously selecting paths every two steps?
Turn 90°. You'll be able to put 6 of them at one (for a 2-wide path), so it becomes every three steps...

And the worse is elsewhere: you'll keep removing them by mistake :(

SeZMehK

Villagers have to suggest them. It's random.

Man, there are two villagers that I am trying so hard to kick out... Somehow one of them wanted to give me a nickname and I never spoke to them... And the ones I want to keep, keep telling me they want to move out...

*shackles Diana* NO DIANA, YOU WILL NOT MOVE AWAY!!! >:D

Grizzo

Hey guys I have an Asian forest village town theme.

My house, I want one of those cookers in the middle of the room in this shot.

kIOykjo.jpg

Anyone have one? Bells is problem. Better yet, anyone have that flooring and wall cover as well? I'd love it.

I also want that lamp. ;_;

HELPPP.

Do you need the thing with the fish or the hibachi on the floor ? I can give you the hibachi if you want.

Debs

So happy finally completed the mermaid set from the island :) Been working on this for the last week :) Got really lucky and my own island had the last piece I needed today :)

tumblr_mp40jd5Py51sv9gqko1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp40klTQup1sv9gqko1_400.jpg

Grizzo

Rewritable memory is expensive, and I guess they wanted an even 4 villagers per cart.

Fair enough. But they should give you some added things if you strictly plan on playing this game "solo" (without any other human characters in town). Maybe it's too complicated too I don't really know anything about the 3DS limitations.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You would think that after 3 (4 counting the N64 one) Animal Crossing games,

6, there were 3 different GameCube versions. The japanese orignial, the american localization, which added a lot of content, and the Japanese retranslation of the American version, which they added even more content, including features such as the ability to wake Nook's ass up at any hour by banging his door to buy/sell stuff to him (At 20% more/less then normal) and go to the island without a GBA (That version of the island was also so much better then New Leaf's, it was basically a second town)

Metaroo

Is it that you can only have 10 "Active" designs? Because I think Mabel allows you to save a couple pages worth of designs. I guess that would be pretty useless if you couldn't apply those designs though...

bumpkin

I've been talking to the sisters in the clothing shop every day, I hope the QR machine unlocks soon. Been seeing all sorts of awesome patterns here in the thread that I'd love to bring/wear into my town!

SeZMehK

Thanks for the items too :) You have a great town, hope to see you again soon :)

Yep there's loads of different colours! I've trying to collect them all as you can see :p

Well damn, I have only seen the black and yellow one... I want that blue one O_O...

Hey I got this game recently and up to now I have been kinda dabbling with it, but I don't feel like it has fully clicked with me yet. Up to this point, I have sold a bunch of stuff I have caught/dug up/picked up. I have just got my house built, and put a couple of things in it. But I am not sure where to go from there. Which key things should I get on with to make me understand this game better, because at the moment, I enjoy it, but it just hasn't clicked yet.

Fully finished upgrading my house. Nook rewarded me by singing me the song of his people.

tumblr_mp3xwgyECq1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

Beautiful.

Also Shampoodle is currently being built, and Redd's in town and I bought his only real piece. And my police station is finsihed, so yay.

Can you open your gate, so I can bring Katie?

Koomaster

For those wanting more public works projects; as has been posted, it's random but neighbors suggest them. You'll be walking around and hear their excited sound and they will rush up to you wanting to talk. Most of the time it's usually something else (like you have something they want to buy/trade or vice versa; or they want you to change their catchphrase) but sometimes it is asking for a new project.

A good way to trigger this is to go around your town and look for any villagers who are outside their homes wandering around. Talk to them a bit and then go to a remote area of your town where they can't see you for ~10-15 min. Then go and find them again and you'll get them wanting to rush up to talk to you about something.

I don't know how rare it is for them to ask about a public works project, but I have been getting at least one request a day if not more.

Also supposedly different villager types will suggest different things. Like you will only get the stadium light request from jock type villagers. So if there is something specific you really want suggested, look it up online and see if there is a specific villager type who asks for it and focus on that villager (if you have one of that type). Most projects though can be suggested by any villager type.

Edit: Here is a site that lists what villager types request which public works projects.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Where do I go to fund the Dream Suite? I can't find it. I caught Isabelle sleeping and said I want to build it, but I can't find where to donate.

SmithnCo

What determines if the money rock spits out ores? I hit it with the silver shovel but only got ores once, most times I get money. Is it random?

Berordn

What determines if the money rock spits out ores? I hit it with the silver shovel but only got ores once, most times I get money. Is it random?

Based on luck, I think. Silver shovel makes it possible but unlikely, depending on how lucky you are, and the gold shovel makes it more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom