• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I'm pretty sure its fake now but Im not sure if its just pixelated and real.

So my FC is in my profile. If you both want to buy it, Linius responded first. If you want to look Yian, you can come over and buy it.

First time Redd has been in my town so apologies for my terrible town :p

The differences are pretty obvious so with the describtion you should be able to tell.

But Yian can have if it's legit, going to grab dinner now anyways. Thanks for the oppurtinity :)

SmithnCo

The diving trick to get suggestions seems to work well. Though I noticed they won't go up to you if they have a stock "you look tired" message.

I'm pretty sure its fake now but Im not sure if its just pixelated and real.

So my FC is in my profile. If you both want to buy it, Linius responded first. If you want to look Yian, you can come over and buy it.

First time Redd has been in my town so apologies for my terrible town :p

I'm having connection problems with my 3DS right now so I can't come anyway. I you think it's fake then I won't be missing much. :)

Chopper

Just caught a scallop whilst swimming and Pascal appeared! I love that dude maaaaaaaaan. How often does he appear? Does he count as today's guest? Or does he appear every time you catch a scallop? No more than once a day, I assume...

Also, are you able to catch jellyfish?

Finally got one of my least favorite villagers to move out on July 3rd. It's odd, considering she'd always want to talk every single time I passed by and I made no concerted effort towards making her move out. (i.e. hitting her with the net, ignoring her, etc.)

SmithnCo

Just caught a scallop whilst swimming and Pascal appeared! I love that dude maaaaaaaaan. How often does he appear? Does he count as today's guest? Or does he appear every time you catch a scallop? No more than once a day, I assume...

Also, are you able to catch jellyfish?

Appears when you catch the first scallop of a day. Make sure you don't have to swap/drop the scallop or he won't come. He doesn't count as a daily guest.

MicH

I tried the diving trick earlier and I did get the "I'm excited to see you" responses, but no public works suggestions only trades/gimme a new greeting etc

Anyone willing to let me visit their town so I can sell my perfect oranges for a foreign rate at their retail? I also have pears, oranges, and peaches to trade for other foreign fruits!

My FC is 2895-7128-9119

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I found a Scallop and Pascal never showed up. :(

Anyway, I've hit Day 10, so FINALLY my town is starting to grow...Nookington's is expanding, Kicks is being built, and the Dream Suite has been funded and is being developed.

Animekatt

I tried the diving trick earlier and I did get the "I'm excited to see you" responses, but no public works suggestions only trades/gimme a new greeting etc

Since doing the trick 2 days ago, I got:
Lighthouse
Yield sign
Wind Turbine

Anyone know how many projects we can get a day?

SmithnCo

Anyway, I've hit Day 10, so FINALLY my town is starting to grow...Nookington's is expanding, Kicks is being built, and the Dream Suite has been funded and is being developed.

You have to catch them while diving, and not on the island I think. And definitely make sure you don't have to swap or drop the scallop because he won't come unless you have an empty slot for it.

UberTag

Any chance you'd found a scallop earlier that same day while diving on the Island?
I've found that if you've gotten a scallop on the Island prior to getting one in your village proper this will prevent the Pascal flag from activating.

DarkKyo

How are people making such detailed QR codes? They seem to be importing actual photos into the game. I just unlocked the QR machine and would like to know how to generate a QR code based on a real photo.

Animekatt

What is this diving trick?

Gunloc and Azure Phoenix posted some awesome tips earlier this morning:

So here's another nice PRO TIP, in the vein of the save n' fish trick.

There is a way to get your villagers to rush up to you and want to start a conversation. Why is this important? Because it's the only way to get suggestions for more Public Works. (Besides a few special ones of course.)

All you have to do is put on your wet suit and go swimming for about 10 minutes. You don't even have to do anything, just be in the water. Some people say you don't have to wait that long, but I found it's the most reliable amount of time.

After that just go back onto land, and 9 out of 10 times, the first villager that sees you will want to initiate a conversation. This won't guarantee a Public Works suggestion, but it certainly speeds things up.

This is a perfect thing to combine with daily scallop diving.

Yeah, it definitely works - I've been doing this trick for the last few days to try and get the Police Station. You only have to wait 5 mins as well.

An extra tip related to this, all it does is trigger 1 random villager to want to talk to you and it could still be about rubbish like catchphrases or buying items. A good way to halve the number of potential reasons for them wanting to talk to you is to completely fill you inventory with stuff they cannot buy (tools, shells, flowers). That way it eliminates all conversations where they try to buy your stuff or sell you items.

Another option is to have completely empty pockets. That's what I've been doing.

multivac

Sorry if this has been covered, but if my wife and I both wanted to play, is there a significant difference between us using one cartridge and each getting a separate copy?

Diving Trick.

So here's another nice PRO TIP, in the vein of the save n' fish trick.

There is a way to get your villagers to rush up to you and want to start a conversation. Why is this important? Because it's the only way to get suggestions for more Public Works. (Besides a few special ones of course.)

All you have to do is put on your wet suit and go swimming for about 10 minutes. You don't even have to do anything, just be in the water. Some people say you don't have to wait that long, but I found it's the most reliable amount of time.

After that just go back onto land, and 9 out of 10 times, the first villager that sees you will want to initiate a conversation. This won't guarantee a Public Works suggestion, but it certainly speeds things up.

This is a perfect thing to combine with daily scallop diving.

Yeah, it definitely works - I've been doing this trick for the last few days to try and get the Police Station. You only have to wait 5 mins as well.

An extra tip related to this, all it does is trigger 1 random villager to want to talk to you and it could still be about rubbish like catchphrases or buying items. A good way to halve the number of potential reasons for them wanting to talk to you is to completely fill you inventory with stuff they cannot buy (tools, shells, flowers). That way it eliminates all conversations where they try to buy your stuff or sell you items.

I went ahead and registered you

They're open. Retail's on your right when you come in. Feel free to check out the shops or just come in and sell :)

Edit: Okay, now they're open. Had to add one more.

Edit 2: Thanks, Nintendo. I'm going to close the gates after each arrival so we don't error out. Sorry, guys, their servers are just too buggy.

zroid

Banned
Sorry if this has been covered, but if my wife and I both wanted to play, is there a significant difference between us using one cartridge and each getting a separate copy?

yeah it's fairly significant. whether it's a good or a bad thing, though, will depend on you.

one copy means you coexist in the same town and only one of you can be the mayor.

Deirdre needs to get the hell outta my burg. Dude is lame as heck. On the flip side, Miranda tried to leave in the night, told her what's up. She's not going anywhere, quackulous.

I know we have a turnip thread but anyone got any nice prices?

rouken

Anybody got these furnitures? I'll pay 50k bells for each :)

astro lamp

classic wall
classic rug
classic wardrobe
classic buffet
classic chair
classic sofa

Linius

Does anyone know if you can find scallops all day? I haven't been diving at all since it's not a gameplay part that really interests me. But Pascal is a cool dude :p

Whoever was coming into policebox's town made it error out :(

And Policebox was so sure his town wouldn't error, got you now :p

It wasn't me visiting though.

rocketobear

Neo Member
Anyone wanna lemme catalogue some kitchenware and/or furniture related to food for any of these?

Silver Shovel
Dimetrodon Torso
Styraco Skull
Ptera Left Wing
Sabertooth Torso
Peking Man
Plesio Skull
Raptor Torso
Apato Tail
Styraco Torso
Diplo Chest
Pachy Torso