• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start my game up and my mailbox is acting like it about to explode or something. Guess it can't handle all that items that I ordered from T&T Mart :p

Duster

Damn looks like quite a few of us have raided Matt360's fruit, thanks Matt.

I feel I should warn you that Wolfgang seems to be planning a coup.
5uxg.jpg
3urk.jpg

Stat!

Damn....so I forgot to visit Nan after telling her I'd come over in 30 minutes.

When she reminded me, I felt so guilty. :(

Davey Cakes

I've been playing this for a week or so.

Other than a couple of mayoral things that I've done (enact a Night Owl Ordinance and set up a Public Works project for a bridge) I've basically been doing a lot of the same things I did in Wild World. Donating a ton of stuff to the Museum, selling mostly fish and sea shells to make money, and paying off my house lone in giant installments.

There's an island in this one. I went there a couple of times. Brought back some coconuts and bananas to plant in the ground, and I tried out the wet suit, which allowed me to get even more oceanic life to donate to the museum.

It doesn't feel like a big departure. For some reason I thought there'd be more interesting things in the "city" area too but there isn't much out of the ordinary. Then again, today I saw that something was being built next to Able Sisters so maybe there will be some expansions going on?

It's Animal Crossing and it's fun, I will say that. I've always liked the series. That said, I'm so far not really breaking off of the mold that I was in with Wild World.

I will also say I'm puzzled by the Public Works projects. Is there any way to, y'know, actually pay for them? I think the villagers have put in a few hundred bells so far out of a total cost of 128,000. What, am I supposed to pay for the whole thing?

Leeness

Damn....so I forgot to visit Nan after telling her I'd come over in 30 minutes.

When she reminded me, I felt so guilty. :(

I've done that a few times now with various villagers. I'll set it for like an hour later, turn off the game with the intention of coming back, and then forget, or remember like...half an hour after. I always feel bad. :(

I've actually started putting reminders in my phone lol. How sad, my only "appointment" of the day is to "Meet Bunnie at her house".

Betty

Banned
I will also say I'm puzzled by the Public Works projects. Is there any way to, y'know, actually pay for them? I think the villagers have put in a few hundred bells so far out of a total cost of 128,000. What, am I supposed to pay for the whole thing?

Yes you are!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you catalog something? Do you need to pick it up so it is in your inventory, or just touch it? Eg you can't pick up anything in neighbours houses so does that mean you can't add them to your catalogue? Likewise with visiting towns, I didn't think you could pick things up. Are people having to drop items as leaves on the ground to be catalogued?

I've been playing this for a week or so.

Other than a couple of mayoral things that I've done (enact a Night Owl Ordinance and set up a Public Works project for a bridge) I've basically been doing a lot of the same things I did in Wild World. Donating a ton of stuff to the Museum, selling mostly fish and sea shells to make money, and paying off my house lone in giant installments.

There's an island in this one. I went there a couple of times. Brought back some coconuts and bananas to plant in the ground, and I tried out the wet suit, which allowed me to get even more oceanic life to donate to the museum.

It doesn't feel like a big departure. For some reason I thought there'd be more interesting things in the "city" area too but there isn't much out of the ordinary. Then again, today I saw that something was being built next to Able Sisters so maybe there will be some expansions going on?

It's Animal Crossing and it's fun, I will say that. I've always liked the series. That said, I'm so far not really breaking off of the mold that I was in with Wild World.

Pretty much - you pay for them all.

If you dive a bit more in to Public Works that'll get you a lot of value out of the game, as it becomes a thing of designing your town as well as your house. So you invest in those, there's new stuff to do, choose placement... it adds a lot to it.

Linius

How do you catalog something? Do you need to pick it up so it is in your inventory, or just touch it? Eg you can't pick up anything in neighbours houses so does that mean you can't add them to your catalogue? Likewise with visiting towns, I didn't think you could pick things up. Are people having to drop items as leaves on the ground to be catalogued?

When you visit someone they have to drop the stuff as leaves for you. Then you pick it up and drop it again. That way it's in your catalogue so you can order it at T&T.

SmithnCo

Yes, you have to pick up the leaves.

For neighbors you can try to mail them things or do tasks and give them furniture, then they might replace their old furniture and give it to you/put it in Re-Tail.

Linius

Yes, you have to pick up the leaves.

For neighbors you can try to mail them things or do tasks and give them furniture, then they might replace their old furniture and give it to you/put it in Re-Tail.

My neighbours have been harsh on me lately. Done some delivery tasks and when I return the stuff to the rightfull owner they let me guess what kind of thing it is. I believe you can pick clothing, furniture, carpet, wallpaper and something I forgot. So yeah, not a big chance you guess right :p

Betty

Banned
I'm not paying for any darn Public Works projects until my house is expanded into a proper Mayor's House, dangit.

But to get the perfect town rating and gold watering can from keeping it that way for 15 days, you need to develop lots of public works. Just build stuff that can be demolished later on if you're not ready to focus on projects yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got two streetpasses today. One introduced me to the freakiest Gyroid of them all. The
Brewstoid, a gyroid based on Brewster!

Also she has K.K. Rock and I can order it from the catalogue. This is the song right and not just the disc sleeve

Betty

Banned
Got two streetpasses today. One introduced me to the freakiest Gyroid of them all. The

Also she has K.K. Rock and I can order it from the catalogue. This is the song right and not just the disc sleeve

It's the song.

Revven

One of my villagers wants me to visit another town to get signatures for them for some... strange thing lol. Anyone mind helping me and letting me visit their town for a bit to do that? D:

Roto13

I'd like to collect all of the fossils for my museum. I have a bunch of doubles I can trade for things I don't have. Is anyone interested?

What I need:

EDIT: That's enough trading for now. I'll come back later with an updated list.

Stat!

One of my villagers wants me to visit another town to get signatures for them for some... strange thing lol. Anyone mind helping me and letting me visit their town for a bit to do that? D:

Sure. You can come visit me. What's the petition for?

My FC is in my profile.

aechris

Can anyone help me out with a modern wall-clock and modern chair?

I'll give you what I can, but I traded away all my extra Nintendo stuff and fossils this morning. :/ I can promise a good trading partner for the future, ha!

Let me know if you want another buddy on your list anyway! Finished the starting stuff to a point I'm happy with and ready to start venturing out into the world a bit more.

5900-2149-6960

Linius

I'd like to collect all of the fossils for my museum. I have a bunch of doubles I can trade for things I don't have. Is anyone interested?

What I need:

Ankylo Tail
Archaeopteryx
Dimetrodon Skull
Diplo Tail
Fern Fossil
Iguanadon Torso
Mammoth Torso
Megacero Skull
Peking Man
Ptera Right Wing
Sabertooth Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spino Skull
Spino Torso
Styraco Tail
Tricera Skull
Tricera Torso

What I have:

Ankylo Torso x2
Coprolite
Dimetrodon Torso
Dinosaur Egg
Ichthyo Torso
Megacero Tail
Megacero Torso
Pachy Tail x2
Parasaur Skull
Parasaur Torso
Ptera Left Wing
Raptor Skull
Raptor Torso
Spino Tail
Styraco Skull
Styraco Torso
Tricera Tail

Any takers?

I know I need the Dinosaur Egg and the Akylo Torso. Gonna check my list if I have anything for you ;)

Megatron

Turnups are 162 in my town today, but it's also only 11:50am. They change again at noon, right? I have night owl if that matters.

Animekatt

What I need:

Ankylo Tail
Archaeopteryx
Dimetrodon Skull
Diplo Tail
Fern Fossil
Iguanadon Torso
Mammoth Torso
Megacero Skull
Peking Man
Ptera Right Wing
Sabertooth Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spino Skull
Spino Torso
Styraco Tail
Tricera Skull
Tricera Torso

What I have:

Ankylo Torso x2
Coprolite
Dimetrodon Torso
Dinosaur Egg
Ichthyo Torso
Megacero Tail
Megacero Torso
Pachy Tail x2
Parasaur Skull
Parasaur Torso
Ptera Left Wing
Raptor Skull
Raptor Torso
Spino Tail
Styraco Skull
Styraco Torso
Tricera Tail

Any takers? If there's something else you're looking for besides fossils, I'll see what I can do.

Interested in this? I won't be home for another 15 mins though.

FC is in profile!

Edit: seems the bolding isn't working. Diplo Tail and Peking man for your Dino egg and Pachy Tail.

Metaroo

Anyone have their gate open? One of my villagers just asked me to get six signatures from another town. I'm not sure exactly why this would be a thing, but it is.

3411-1156-6504 is my fc. PM if you can.

Any takers? If there's something else you're looking for besides fossils, I'll see what I can do.
I have the ptera right wing, styraco tail and sabertooth torso. want to trade for the megacero tail, and styraco skull and torso?

1263-6101-8808

zroid

Banned
I'm ready to come and visit and now. What are your respective town names so I end up in the right town :p

And Zeeroid, want me to bring anything for letting me catalogue that bed?

A Classic Clock is the only thing I'm looking for really.

Town name is 'Piecroft' :)

Elija2

I like the fact villagers make use of the bench.

I have two benches in my town and none of my villagers have ever sat on them. In fact, I only caught a villager ever sitting down ONCE, in his own house. How the hell did you find two of them sitting on the same bench?

You could catalogue songs?! Holy shit.

Revven

Need 2 more signatures, anyone wanna be a kind soul and let me in for 2 secs?

Edit: Zeeroid can I visit for like 2 secs? We're already registered and stuff. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom