• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
I am so disappointed there are no more fake resets from mr resetti. And that you have to save your game to trigger the next sequence of angry mole XD

JordanKZ

Started work on my first bridge this morning. It's already mostly funded... My trip to the island tonight should fulfill the last bit of the bells I need.

suzu

hi guys,

nub question. When does the game open up more? I've just started a few days ago and there seems to be a lot of wait time. I've paid off my first loan but now waiting for the development permit. In the mean time the only I could do is go around and fish or catch bug even though I want to play more there's just not a lot of things to do

Well, there's a lot of fishing and bug catching and waiting in this game. :p

Did you finish getting 100% approval rating? That will unlock public works projects and ordinances.

To unlock the resort island: you have to pay off the first loan and then expand your house at least once. When that is completed, Tortimer will ask to speak to you next time you start the game up.

To unlock more / upgrade shops, read this.

Did some of the island tours....by myself :(

Wasn't a lost cause. Picked some durians and mangos. Decided to get mostly flowers from the gardening tour. 10th villager is moving in tomorrow so I should get started on planting flowers and fruit trees

dhlt25

Well, there's a lot of fishing and bug catching and waiting in this game. :p

Did you finish getting 100% approval rating? That will unlock public works projects and ordinances.

To unlock the resort island: you have to pay off the first loan and then expand your house at least once. When that is completed, Tortimer will ask to speak to you next time you start the game up.

To unlock more / upgrade shops, read this.

awesome! thanks. Looks like I'm almost at the cool stuff. My first expansion is done tomorrow. Can't wait. In the mean time more shark fishing.

Played about 3 hours so far. I can already see myself becoming hopelessly addicted to this.

-My town fruit is oranges. I'm okay with this.
-I let a shark go :( bastard was too quick.
-This time I'm donating EVERYTHING on first find (except the Nemo and Dory I caught and have on display in my tent :3)
-Got my down payment out of the way.
-That dumbass duck paid 6,000 Bells for my rainbow screen. lol
-Chrissy (sparkly bunny) is hilarious and cute. As mayor I will force her to be my interspecies wife.

Coquette

OMG. I went to bed at page 19 and now it's up to page 36. And I gotta go run errands so I can't catch up. I'm gonna be so behind!!

Also I just bought a shitload of turnips today. Yes it's Monday. Somehow my game is a day behind. When I sell these (hopefully midweek) I'll fix the day to be with everyone else because this is driving me batty.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I messed up. I found Katie (I think t's Katie, the yellow female cat) wondering about asking to go to another town. I said sure with the intention of taking her later (like in 7 hours). But no, she starts following me around. I'm like, lassy I'm on my morning commute where I do all my morning odd jobs, I can't deal with you now.. So I go into a house to greet a new neighbour and now she is gone.

So top tip, only talk to her when you intend to go online.

Well, nothing like seeing the price of the public works projects for the first time to make you feel incredibly poor. But got a lovely ideal spot for a little park, so got to start building things before someone moves in...

-I let a shark go :( bastard was too quick..
Close your eyes and do it by sound - much easier. I say that as if I knew, I was told this in the thread last night...

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
I have found 5 dorados today... FIVE! Somebody must be releasing them into the rivers because they love me. Also I was not playing all day, his all happened in around 3 hours.

This game made my girlfriend break down and purchase an Animal Crossing 3DS XL off Amazon, which should be arriving today.

It's great that she can move her character and house onto the new 3DS, really glad they added that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think I messed up. I found Katie (I think t's Katie, the yellow female cat) wondering about asking to go to another town. I said sure with the intention of taking her later (like in 7 hours). But no, she starts following me around. I'm like, lassy I'm on my morning commute where I do all my morning odd jobs, I can't deal with you now.. So I go into a house to greet a new neighbour and now she is gone.

So top tip, only talk to her when you intend to go online.
YOU LOST HER!?
You monster.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YOU LOST HER!?
You monster.
I thought she was just going to wait outside. ;__;

Well I guess I'm going to have to explore every nook and cranny if she is still around... thinking about it I didn't check the beach...

Also I'm pretty sure I've collected 50% of all the bugs and yet medal bloke has yet to rear his head.

Oh and today's prize was the Pikmin. This is an image I took a couple of days ago.
tumblr_moh9orr5Qa1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Yeah...

I blame Miyamoto for this.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I took Katie with me to Aspertia, but she jumped out to get her ticket and I left her behind. :[

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thinking about it, some one of my neighbours sent me a magazine rack today. So at least I can knock that over to vent my anger.

RawNuts

BetterWorldz brought Katie over to my town and she is crazy adorable. She said she was going to hang out in my town, but I don't see her anywhere; is she really in my town now or is that just basically her way of stating her mission completion status?

Also, I found a tarantula running around a bit ago; I fumbled to get my net out and then engaged in pursuit. I took a swing at it but it dodged it and attacked me. I then passed out and awakened at my doorstep with no tarantula to even show for it. :/

HawthorneKitty

BetterWorldz brought Katie over to my town and she is crazy adorable. She said she was going to hang out in my town, but I don't see her anywhere; is she really in my town now or is that just basically her way of stating her mission completion status?
I like you.
From my experience, she pops up a few days later or so; I guess she hangs around your town behind your back.

Doczu

I've got (literally) a communist pig in my town. Listening to "Comrade K.K.", rugs on the wall (sort of), a big doll on the table.
Well consider yourself evicted from Dickwood piggy, 'cause this town is no place for soviet spies.

Same, as that picture posted above shows. In fact that kettle at the back there is my one non Pikmin "prize" because I lost.

Varia Suit; tomorrow for sure.

I've got (literally) a communist pig in my town. Listening to "Comrade K.K.", rugs on the wall (sort of), a big doll on the table.
Well consider yourself evicted from Dickwood piggy, 'cause this town is no place for soviet spies.
Two legs bad, two legs... good?

Day 4
Visitors! Spades, Ameer, and one_kill came by when I posted the Joan announcement. They did their business with Joan, and we decided to head to the Island for fun. I had actually just unlocked the Island today, so it was a new experience for me. Quite enjoyed Kapp'n's sea shanties.
tumblr_moij9eZOme1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijau2ZuQ1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijcvqxwr1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijdu4wza1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

After I realized that the tools are with Lloid, I caught a few bugs, some tropical fish, and some swimming catches! Then we tried a few tours: Basic Fishing, Item Matching, Tropical Fishing. All of them were pretty fun, and I'll keep an eye on the tours each day, since I believe Nintendo demoed a "Mallet" tour in the past. After the third tour, we gathered stuff up, went back to town, and said our goodbyes.
tumblr_moiz82fmfu1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

Later in the day, I decided to go back to the Island solo, to catch more bugs and fish for the Museum. Ended up with some sharks (hammerhead and whale) and a Blue Marlin. And I found this while diving:
tumblr_moiz2zCpAN1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

I filled up the basket and went back to town to donate/sell my spoils.

I didn't need to go back to the Island for more fishing; due to the rainy weather, rare fishes started to appear in the oceans and rivers. I caught some regular sharks, a bunch of Red Snappers, and a sea horse. For some reason, Lion-O von Karma Lionel was walking around behind the town hall, and he wanted to buy a Sea Horse for over 1000 bells. Shady.

By the time I had enough money to pay off the loan to get the second expansion, it was just past 8:00pm, and Nook's Homes was closed. In response to this, I decided to enact the Night Owl ordinance, which should go in effect tomorrow.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the item that I received in today's fortune cookie: A working Bullet Bill Cannon.
tumblr_moizcmxfmD1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

RANDOM STUFF
Just a few screenshots that I uploaded to my new tumblr:
tumblr_moggm8ISGB1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

Day 1, the founding of Crescent!

tumblr_mogi3frEmu1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

Day 3, after designing a flag. I ended up trying to recreate Crescent Island from memory. As for my Town Theme, it's a few notes of Battle on the Big Bridge, a tune was on ACCommunity.

tumblr_mogi48xA0l1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

An Orange hybrid, born after the first day. After day 3, another Orange Pansy and a Pink Tulip appeared.

Finally got my Development Permit today! Shit is going to change in this town. Just need to get that other loan paid off and I can finally get Tortimer to give me a visit.

I don't know what has happened GAF, but I bought Animal Crossing to work. Not good. I don't think a game has had its claws in me this bad since... well ever! Literally haven't put it down since I got it on Friday.

At least I'll earn Play Coins from having the 3DS in my pocket!

ameer

Neo Member
Day 4
Visitors! Spades, Ameer, and one_kill came by when I posted the Joan announcement. They did their business with Joan, and we decided to head to the Island for fun. I had actually just unlocked the Island today, so it was a new experience for me. Quite enjoyed Kapp'n's sea shanties.
tumblr_moij9eZOme1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijau2ZuQ1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijcvqxwr1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moijdu4wza1svmlb5o1_400.jpg

After I realized that the tools are with Lloid, I caught a few bugs, some tropical fish, and some swimming catches! Then we tried a few tours: Basic Fishing, Item Matching, Tropical Fishing. All of them were pretty fun, and I'll keep an eye on the tours each day, since I believe Nintendo demoed a "Mallet" tour in the past. After the third tour, we gathered stuff up, went back to town, and said our goodbyes.

That's me in the Frog Hat! :D

HawthorneKitty

I have more than that so far and it gave me a little scroll bar to the right, the screen is just large enough for 5 at a time.

I gave it a quick search though and the limit seems to be 32? Can anyone confirm this?

You now have one friend. 2981-5932-8148
That's odd; I can't seem to get past the 5...

Farun

Neo Member
Guys, how do you fish? I thought I got one, but when I pressed A to retract the Fishing Rod, there wasn't one on there. :(

Also, where do I store stuff I don't currently need? Cause it's really annoying to always have stuff like wallpapers, t-shirts etc. on me.

Tenck

Guys, how do you fish? I thought I got one, but when I pressed A to retract the Fishing Rod, there wasn't one on there. :(

Also, where do I store stuff I don't currently need? Cause it's really annoying to always have stuff like wallpapers, t-shirts etc. on me.

Need to wait for the bobber to make a little splash sound.

And as for your item problems, you need storage for them. Either a dresser or a locker. You can also just try to put stuff in the locker in the train station. It's connected to any dresser or locker, so you can get your stuff out of any dresser/locker.

HawthorneKitty

There is a distinct sound when the bobber actually gets pulled down; press A then.

There is a locker in the train station, store stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom