• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
So...Sable still isn't talking to me, so I thought I'd just make my own stone paths while I wait. Disregard the awful flower placement. Haha.

2TzZPM0.jpg

Chopper

Island unlocked, Club Tortimer bagged, a few more hybrids grown, a literal boatload of stuff donated to the museum, Beautiful ordnance invoked, and I'm a few grand away from upgrading my house again and building a bridge. It's been a good morning.

And I'm looking forward to hosting some island parties now!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can actually take them down with a net.

If you see a ballon drifting towards the beach ( from either direction), follow it to the cliff. You can smack it with the net while the balloon adjusts altitudes.

Yeah, but about 80% of the time you see the balloon it's too late for that.

Sendou

Does anyone know what the best way to get rid of a villager is? I'm trying to build a second bridge, but Tiffany's house is in the way. Don't like her anyway, so it's time she gets booted out. Any tips?

Join the club. I'm trying to get rid of Tiffany as well.

Starting to think the fortune cookies hate me, still no Pikmin item, Majora's Mask or Midna Mask but instead I get a bunch of junk like Arwing, Toad's Hat, Green Shell and Fire Flower :(

I can trade you Majora's Mask for some Mario item if you're interested :p

Moobabe

What does a typical day entail for you guys?

I've only just started and once I've been around the village collecting bits I feel like I've nothing left to do.

Any tips for a newbie?

Linius

Lol, they opened my new bridge without me I guess. When I started up the game it was already there. And then to think that none of them contributed. I had the donations pot open for like 12 hours, 0 bells in it when I came to pay :p

Anyways, my second project will be a fountain. I want to put some sort of flower garden around and put the bench in front of it. But I'm having a hard time in deciding where to put it. And I know I need an axe to cut down some trees to have nice little open space. So is there anybody out there who's shop is selling an axe that I can come and buy? Would really help me out :D

Sendou

What does a typical day entail for you guys?

I've only just started and once I've been around the village collecting bits I feel like I've nothing left to do.

Any tips for a newbie?

Dig up the 4 fossils. Find the money rock. Find the fake rock that gives a gem. Buy the new stuff the shops sell. Talk to citizens. Explore random encounters like Gulliver on beach. Visit the beetle infested island for money to pay off the mortgage.

Stuff like that.

Dig up the 4 fossils. Find the money rock. Find the fake rock that gives a gem. Buy the new stuff the shops sell. Talk to citizens. Explore random encounters like Gulliver on beach. Visit the beetle infested island for money to pay off the mortgage.

Stuff like that.

This is pretty much routine, that and watering/moving flowers around. Then if I still want to play I will go visit a GAF members town.

Although I wanted to cry yesterday....I visited someone's town and there were two fortune cookies in the store. I asked if it was ok to buy them and when I opened one I got the Hero's pants...seconds later I got a error.

Ugh

UberTag

Well, damn. There's someone who moved on top of my house :/
I had a neighbor pull that schtick on me. I had this nice spacious beachfront property picked out away from the hustle and bustle of everyone else.
Not ONE day into my new home and a new critter has decided to move in barely 10 feet away.

Moobabe

Stuff like that.

Gulliwho? What beetle island? How do I get to these places :O

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been lucky (for once). All my neighbours seem to have bundled themselves to one part of the map. Hopefully this continues since it would make the layout of my town quite nice to have a residential area.

Sendou

Gulliwho? What beetle island? How do I get to these places :O

Gulliver is a random encounter. Keep playing the game and remember to visit the beach and you will see him one day.

You will get access to the island after two days or so. You can't really miss it. One day when you boot up the game Tortimer will let you know.

GJS

Sounds good; name your price. My FC is 2981-5932-8148, PM me yours and I'll try to catch you when you're on.
Alright I'll PM you later, don't have my friend code on me.

Not really sure what they are worth, bells are too easy to get to bother trading for.

I'd prefer some other fortune cookie item or some furniture like drawers or something as I haven't come across any yet, and I'm fed up with going to the station locker.

So I know it sounds weird, but do rocks ever come back? Surely if you're breaking one a day for gems then eventually they'll run out before too long? Or is there just a set number of gems that can be acquired from any town?

GJS

So I know it sounds weird, but do rocks ever come back? Surely if you're breaking one a day for gems then eventually they'll run out before too long? Or is there just a set number of gems that can be acquired from any town?
Pretty sure the breakable rock respawns each day in a different spot, as well as the money rock.

RawNuts

Alright I'll PM you later, don't have my friend code on me.

Not really sure what they are worth, bells are too easy to get to bother trading for.

I'd prefer some other fortune cookie item or some furniture like drawers or something as I haven't come across any yet, and I'm fed up with going to the station locker.
Alright; you can come browse when the time comes then.

zigg

That guide is not strictly accurate. New Leaf breeding is a bit more complicated...

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39290616363/hybrid-information
Bidoof has a later post which doesn't mention the store-bought vs. wild distinction and has been holding true for me so far (I don't think I have more than, say, 5% store-bought flowers at this point):

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids

I haven't fully tested everything in here, but I'm trying to align to these guidelines now. Previously I had a number of combos that used to be good in Wild World (and, by extension, City Folk) that weren't producing squat. What made me decide that this guide was probably the right way to go was when I had an all-red rose plot spawn a pink rose—something that never happened in previous games:

I've been lucky (for once). All my neighbours seem to have bundled themselves to one part of the map. Hopefully this continues since it would make the layout of my town quite nice to have a residential area.
I wish there was a little more creativity involved in the town at the start but I guess they just want you actively playing sooner...

Was online with someone from Japan on the island and caught a bunch of new bugs and fish which I didn't have back home. Just when I'm about to leave and go back home I say good bye and I get a connection error blank screen with Ressetti on it and then the game screens go white and I'm back home at the dock. I check the basket for my items and none of them are there... that was an hour of my life :(

Oxx

Notification centre tells me that I received my first AC streetpass today!

I kinda want to have a look now, but I'm not sure if i have time to get a good look around.

Does streetpass stuff disappear if you don't go and view it?

Tenck

Just visited a girl in Japan with the most amazing set up ever. She also had two houses fully furnished and everything looked very nice.

Like Forkball put it after we left "Back to Shitsville" for both of us ;_;

Linius

Turnips go for 84 at my town. I don't think I'll have to open the gates huh guys? :p

Just visited a girl in Japan with the most amazing set up ever. She also had two houses fully furnished and everything looked very nice.

Like Forkball put it after we left "Back to Shitsville" for both of us ;_;

You can get a second house?? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom