• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
They look awesome (the path).
Nice tiles. :)
Damn. I like the looks of those. Can't wait until Sable gets off her lazy but and gives me QR powers.
Oh, thank you! Though... I ended up re-doing them because they looked too puffy.

2mgYgTr.jpg

I think I should stop spending so much time on some stone paths and go make myself something to eat... hehe.

MicH

That guide is not strictly accurate. New Leaf breeding is a bit more complicated...

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39290616363/hybrid-information

Bidoof has a later post which doesn't mention the store-bought vs. wild distinction and has been holding true for me so far (I don't think I have more than, say, 5% store-bought flowers at this point):

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids

I haven't fully tested everything in here, but I'm trying to align to these guidelines now. Previously I had a number of combos that used to be good in Wild World (and, by extension, City Folk) that weren't producing squat. What made me decide that this guide was probably the right way to go was when I had an all-red rose plot spawn a pink rose—something that never happened in previous games:

Thanks guys! The link Zigg posted is excellent, I will have to redo some if my flower beds.

I got another TWO hybrids today: two pink roses which means I have three of those in total. And I got a pink tulip on my second day. Great luck so far!

Tenck

Oh okay, so that means that you start a new game in the same town as your mayor in? Guess I'll do that when I get really bored :p

Yeah you start out in the same town. Just one person is mayor though, but since that girl was just making another house didn't matter for her :p

zigg

Thanks guys! The link Zigg posted is excellent, I will have to redo some if my flower beds.
One exception I might add is that I think the bit about blue rose production is wrong. I've read in several other places that blues are the product of red parents that both originated from an orange/purple cross, not a red/purple cross. I have two orange/purple pairs at the moment that haven't produced yet, but I'm watching them anxiously to see if this is the way to go.

LukeTim

So, Stalk Market prices...

Is there anyway to tell what the pattern is likely to be based on what range your prices are within at the beginning of the week? I heard that a decreasing price pattern starts the week at around 50-99 bells...

I didn't manage to get on this morning, but this afternoon they are 43 bells each, which is frighteningly low... Really hoping they pick up, as I spent all the bells I could get on them yesterday... 18,000 bells in total for 200 turnips.

MicH

One exception I might add is that I think the bit about blue rose production is wrong. I've read in several other places that blues are the product of red parents that both originated from an orange/purple cross, not a red/purple cross. I have two orange/purple pairs at the moment that haven't produced yet, but I'm watching them anxiously to see if this is the way to go.
Woah. I need to remember this. Flower breeding is one of my favorite features in this game

Linius

I was wondering about this, I noticed some of you went into villages of Japanese people after Club Tortimmer encounters. Did you need to register friendcodes and stuff or can you take a random person you meet online to your own village without going trough that?

ttocs

My turnip prices are 54. Lol. Bought at 91.

Just remember to keep checking. I would imagine the longer you wait the higher it will go. Just make sure you don't wait until Saturday to check because you'll be stuck with whatever the price is at the time with no option but to sell.

llehuty

Woah, got the game on Saturday. I'm having a blast and I still have to visit the island and see what all those closed stores are.

The OT title is hilarious, because I discovered the stacking fruit when a fellow gaffer gave me 9 apples, I felt so dumb. It's a pity they don't autostack though. Also discovered by accident the quick swapping of items, sogood.gif. I wonder how many of this neat tricks I'm missing.

Oh, and BTW, 129 bells turnips in my town.

LukeTim

71 and now 94, which I suppose... it's on the up?

Is it still AM-Noon and Noon-Close for two prices of the day?

Yeah, it is.

71 to 94 looks good... You'll have to wait for a couple more prices to tell if it's just random or a spike...

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

EDIT: In fact, given that you already have an increase... I'd say you're looking at a random pattern, which usually hit > 110 bells twice a week.

Tash

Gah, I had a nice quiet spot above the beach and now I got houses both left and right of me 0_o ..

Also discovered by accident the quick swapping of items, sogood.gif. I wonder how many of this neat tricks I'm missing.

Me too, discovered it yesterday! Was seriously getting annoyed about the whole menu swap thing -.-

Sendou

In my town they're buying turnips for 105 bells. Nothing to celebrate but it looks like it's better than some of you have it.

Linius

ibbbv3VCIwcJvs.JPG
ibnLJyajIThLVM.JPG

Jay wanted to play some hide & seek :p

ibnJPrqLToui0g.JPG

sthp

i2cbcPgCT7CvY.JPG
ibpYZyT89S3HxM.JPG

Museum looks a lot better with these sharks in there. And my first project work is also finished. Already paid for the fountain, so that will be there tomorrow.

ih7jeJ4bHGZnY.JPG

Willow came to visit. Also my current housing situation. Haven't really bothered with it so far because there are hardly any interesting furniture pieces. I need those store improvements. Or just a random Japanese store so I could shop a little. I'd love me some of that modern wood furniture.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, it is.

71 to 94 looks good... You'll have to wait for a couple more prices to tell if it's just random or a spike...

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

EDIT: In fact, given that you already have an increase... I'd say you're looking at a random pattern, which usually hit > 110 bells twice a week.

He definitely bought at >90, so a decrease followed by an increase means he's on an early big or small spike pattern.

Forkball

Oh shit, I just realized these paths I see in everyone's towns are just patterns they put down. I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING YOU BUILT.

Also does anyone know how to do special gestures? I've seen some Japanese people do them.

Oh shit, I just realized these paths I see in everyone's towns are just patterns they put down. I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING YOU BUILT.

Also does anyone know how to do special gestures? I've seen some Japanese people do them.

I believe you get them from Dr. Shrunk or whatever, think he opens a place in Main Street eventually, IIRC

Linius

It's a me, but I didn't buy any this week :(
They probably know that, and are playing with my feelings

It's noon Re-Tail price. If some of you guys want, I can open the gates later.

I would turn a little over 14.000 profit if I'd sell in your town. My instincts tell me to wait :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Btw, I dug up 3 gyroids this morning. Is it because it rained the previous day? (It's still rainy today)

Skelter

Banned

I thought so too! Kinda disappointed its a pattern. It may look like a road but it sounds like I'm walking on grass. The little things matter too.

First trip to the island today. Not sure if I used my time optimally, but damn do I have a lotta fruit. Love that you can get fruit/bugs/flowers still even on the island tours.

More trees to plant now! Thinking what's the point though once you see that fish/beetle money!

Made a hybrid. Not that into flowers though, might leave them for now as a later challenge

He definitely bought at >90, so a decrease followed by an increase means he's on an early big or small spike pattern.

I bought at 99, if that changes anything. So it's decrease relative to purchase price for the first step in the chain - so still below it with both. Learning a fair bit here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom