• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So someone just told me that if, for example, there are 4 person ABCD visiting the town of E, and then suddenly one of them got disconnected, say B, then ACD will also be booted out to their original towns?

Is this true?

Akira_83

Banned
if someone could tell me how to place a bench facing left or right i would appreciate it so i can continue... got this isabelle waiting and ive had my 3ds in sleep mode for 2 days waiting to figure this out

colinp

Banned
At 14? That late?

The last two years of elementary school they're introduced to the alphabet and light speaking through a class or two each week, but not till JHS (7th grade) do they start writing and seriously studying the language with four or so English classes a week.

But I think 7th graders are 12 or 13.

Tenck

So, as a person who has never played animal crossing before, what should I expect?

I'm kinda contemplating between this or style savvy. Style savvy sounds more in depth but AC is cheaper.

Expect Animal Crossing to last you a lot longer than Style Savvy. AC has way too many things to do in a single day, so it'll last you years.

I was actually played Animal Crossing Wild World a couple weeks into the launch AC NL. And I got AC WW when it first came out.

The last two years of elementary school they're introduced to the alphabet and light speaking through a class or two each week, but not till JHS (7th grade) do they start writing and seriously studying the language with four or so English classes a week.

The girl that added me told me she was in JHS and speaking some English to me. You're pretty much spot on.

Spades

if someone could tell me how to place a bench facing left or right i would appreciate it so i can continue... got this isabelle waiting and ive had my 3ds in sleep mode for 2 days waiting to figure this out

Hold the furniture by pressing A and then press left or right on the stick to spin the furniture around.

Dragnet

My gates are open if anyone wants to visit!

Not much going on, would be nice to get some new fruit other than peaches as a gift though! Got some weird furniture I wouldn't mind trading/selling too.

FC: 2938-6479-9103

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

But I think 7th graders are 12 or 13.
Same applies for foreign languages learned in the US. At least so in my area.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes and yes.

And this is the case during the visit to online island as well?

Also, to however owning SkyLoft in here, if you read this, I apologize for getting a DC while visiting your place :(

I don't know if it's my connection or the netcode since apparently from scouring this thread, previous thread, and other forums DCs are something that's happening quite often to folks.

Linius

And this is the case during the visit to online island as well?

Also, to however owning SkyLoft in here, if you read this, I apologize for getting a DC while visiting your place :(

I haven't visited the online island yet, so I don't know how that works. I do know that whenever I'm on the island with friends in a MP session and we get an error we're all booted to our own trainstation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Expect Animal Crossing to last you a lot longer than Style Savvy. AC has way too many things to do in a single day, so it'll last you years.

I was actually played Animal Crossing Wild World a couple weeks into the launch AC NL. And I got AC WW when it first came out.

Hmm, gameplay wise are they fundamentally the same?

The price for AC is pushing me towards it but I do like the sound of SS more.

Added. My FC is 0430-9123-7519

I go with the name "Bonus"

Added aaand my code's 0173-1386-0581

Added my FC is 5370-1048-0667

Added ya'll. :3
FC:3952-7963-5933

Joining now marshell Lee

Added, yo! 3995-6735-2114

Added you mine is FC1263-6122-8378

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I added you all. Let me know if I missed someone.

Mine again is: 2063-0497-1322

Tenck

Yes, but AC NL has so many new things that it should last you longer than the other ones. Especially now that it's so much easier to add people since you only need one Friend Code.

Game is much more fun with friends now that the island has been added too. And with so many people here on Gaf eager to go to the island with new friends, you'll almost always have someone to go with.

Akira_83

Banned
You can build a park bench as a public works project. Not sure if that's what you mean?

yes

but when i take isabelle out to place the bench, i cant seem to get the bench to face the left or right

i built a fountain a few days ago, but i want to place two benches left and right facing in towards the fountain

no matter which way i stand or isabelle stands, the bench is ALWAYS facing the screen, aka south

its getting frustrating

Linius

yes

but when i take isabelle out to place the bench, i cant seem to get the bench to face the left or right

i built a fountain a few days ago, but i want to place two benches left and right facing in towards the fountain

no matter which way i stand or isabelle stands, the bench is ALWAYS facing the screen, aka south

its getting frustrating

That was actually a better idea than what I had in mind...

You can't change the direction of benches, sorry.

...too bad it's not gonna work out :(

Sticking to my original plan of one bench in front of the fountain facing the south.

I just started Saturday, I already love this game. I played WW a ton when it came out, but never either of the console versions.

I got a great town map. The river starts high on the left, and has kind of a double zig zag that creates a peninsula in the middle of the town. I put my house right on it. So I basically have a moat around the house.

Linius

Or use them to drive your villagers mad. I think it's a good tool to drive someone out your town if you don't want them.

Amazon often has Style Savvy for under $20.

AC is going to last you longer, but it's best played in short bursts because after an hour or so you'll run out of things to do alone that aren't grindy.

Style Savvy is definitely fantastic, and it can be played for longer periods of time if you choose to.

I guess pick whichever one has the better sounding gameplay and objectives.

SS if you want to coordinate outfits of premade design for customers and runway models while operating a business.

AC if you want a collectathon with more multiplayer features and user-created clothing.

I took some fleas off of Chrissy and she suddenly gets hysterical saying:

BM-AD5MCUAAN5ve.jpg:large

Did Chrissy cheat on Snake and get fleas from another bunny?!

Do I tell Snake or...?! It's not my business, GAF would say.

Oh god, now Snake wants to come over...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This game is great. I love fishing so damn much. I caught a sawshark last night before bed and a coelacanth this morning when I woke up.

Anyone planning to play this for at least two years without time travel?

looking at how long it takes your town tree to fully grow

- starting tree
- 5 days and 5 hours
- 20 days and 20 hours
- 50 days and 50 hours
- 100 days and 100 hours
- 180 days and 180 hours
- 300 days and 300 hours
- 500 days and 500 hours (fully grown)

Talk to Isabelle at the front desk, not while in the mayor's chair.

oh I thought there would be an easier way to find if you have perfect town or not

You can't. You have to add friendcodes of people to engage in multiplayer. There's one option though, buying a club tortimmer membership so you can visit the online version of the island and meet random strangers there.

They are monitoring our message boards to see how jelly we are.

How do I get club tortimer membership.

Roto13

Couple of questions about ordnances:

If I use the clean town ordnances, will I still be able to get ants from rotting turnips?

And does the rich town ordnance affect home loans?

Guess the ol' bury shovel and dig it up the next day to get the gold shovel technique doesn't work anymore

And I just flubbed on a Gulliver question (vikings and mermaids) :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom