• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

150k from 30 minute beetle run... feels good.

Also I was surprised to see that you can pick how you want to expand your house after the upstairs room is added. You can opt for another room (and you can pick where), or increase the size of existing rooms. I opted for a basement, as my gyroids are growing in numbers and need some place to dance away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes, but AC NL has so many new things that it should last you longer than the other ones. Especially now that it's so much easier to add people since you only need one Friend Code.

Game is much more fun with friends now that the island has been added too. And with so many people here on Gaf eager to go to the island with new friends, you'll almost always have someone to go with.

Amazon often has Style Savvy for under $20.

AC is going to last you longer, but it's best played in short bursts because after an hour or so you'll run out of things to do alone that aren't grindy.

Style Savvy is definitely fantastic, and it can be played for longer periods of time if you choose to.

I guess pick whichever one has the better sounding gameplay and objectives.

SS if you want to coordinate outfits of premade design for customers and runway models while operating a business.

AC if you want a collectathon with more multiplayer features and user-created clothing.

Hmm, ah well, went for AC anyway. Guess that I'd probably have a bigger chance finding style savvy on sale than AC. :p

I'll play around with it singleplayer for awhile to see what it's like. Is multiplayer super integral?

Honestly was planning to get EO4, but just learnt that they delayed it AGAIN.

Roto13

Gonna quote this for a new page:
Couple of questions about ordnances:

If I use the clean town ordnances, will I still be able to get ants from rotting turnips?

And does the rich town ordnance affect home loans?

Do I do anything in particular with Gyroids? Do they sell for a lot?

You keep them forever because you can't buy them back and they play along to whatever music you have playing.

Tenck

150k from 30 minute beetle run... feels good.

Also I was surprised to see that you can pick how you want to expand your house after the upstairs room is added. You can opt for another room (and you can pick where), or increase the size of existing rooms. I opted for a basement, as my gyroids are growing in numbers and need some place to dance away.

Not even half of mine. You're slacking man.

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
Just caught a shark, yay! It's pretty easy when you listen for the sound instead of watching the screen.
Fishing is really addictive in this game.

So I had an animal in the camp site that said he would move in.(the first time he said he'd pass then the second go he said he would stay) and I was so excited to see him this morning but he's not here. And he's gone from the camp site. Not even a letter or anything. I only have 8 other neighbors as well and no one is moving in or out. I'm really sad guys. :'( I wanted that cool crocodile robot in my town

K' Dash

Anyone planning to play this for at least two years without time travel?

looking at how long it takes your town tree to fully grow

- starting tree
- 5 days and 5 hours
- 20 days and 20 hours
- 50 days and 50 hours
- 100 days and 100 hours
- 180 days and 180 hours
- 300 days and 300 hours
- 500 days and 500 hours (fully grown)

oh I thought there would be an easier way to find if you have perfect town or not

Me and my Girlfriend, we will not use time travel, to us it removes a very important part of what makes Animal Crossing so great, to see your town evolving bit by bit, get the furniture you want by buying from your town or visiting other towns, etc., it is not about having all the bells to do all the projects, but making them look good, do your thing and create your unique vision of the town, the best things about Animal Crossig you can't get with time travel or bells.

Forkball

what is the best way to make money ? i am grinding fishes and fruits like a madman but still feel poor :(

Go to the island at night. Beetles galore. Also sharks, but they have dwindled in number recently for me. I haven't even bothered selling fruit at all except for like the first day. In a week I went from scrounging for seashells off the beach to planning my multi-story mansion and major construction projects.

Go to the island at night. Beetles galore. Also sharks, but they have dwindled in number recently for me. I haven't even bothered selling fruit at all except for like the first day. In a week I went from scrounging for seashells off the beach to planning my multi-story mansion and major construction projects.

Dem bootstraps.

Sendou

So now I have Peach's Parasol, 1up Shroom, Fire Flower, Green Shell, Bullet Bill, Piranha Plant and soon Starman. My Mario set is coming together :p

20cent

Banned
day 2, first AC game, I start to like it a lot.

But. I can't play during day time and can't go to nook house before 8pm. Any tip?

Nah, it's just a unique set of clothes. Did the same thing in the Wii version.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

I have Cranston in my town. He'll go "how you doing, sweatbands?" It's great.

Also, I really like when villagers are in Re-Tail looking at stuff your selling in the flea market. I had something in the back and villager was heading out the door. I pushed her all the way back to where my item was and spoke to her. It turned her attention towards my item so she bought it. Hope you like the shower you just bought, Fuchsia.

Vexxan

Bought turnips for 96 yesterday, today Re-tail want to buy for 61 :( The market went straight to hell.

Looks like island will be unlocked for me tomorrow, hopefully some people will want to join in on the fun!

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
I've taken to closing my eyes when fishing and just listening for the sound.

I have begun to listen more for the sound. The first couple of days I would watch the animation, but with some big fish you can't do that.

So now I'm just looking for some damn sharks to catch.

Just bought a 3DS yesterday along with this game. Got all the day 1 stuff out of the way. Loving it!

I only have one friend so far and would welcome some new ones. Code is 4570-7591-6021.

So what's the deal about stacking fruit? Naive question, but I don't understand the idea. I mean, When I have fruits, I sell them or bury them. Why stacking? And how?

(I am new to AC, just my 3rd day).

Nightz

day 2, first AC game, I start to like it a lot.

But. I can't play during day time and can't go to nook house before 8pm. Any tip?

Set up the night owl ordinance whenever you get it. It'll make your townspeople go to bed later and shops stay open later.

So what's the deal about stacking fruit? Naive question, but I don't understand the idea. I mean, When I have fruits, I sell them or bury them. Why stacking? And how?

(I am new to AC, just my 3rd day).

Just drag the fruit on top of each other. You can stack 9 of the same fruit. This helps with being able to carry more. Carry more = sell more. :)

Me and my Girlfriend, we will not use time travel, to us it removes a very important part of what makes Animal Crossing so great, to see your town evolving bit by bit, get the furniture you want by buying from your town or visiting other towns, etc., it is not about having all the bells to do all the projects, but making them look good, do your thing and create your unique vision of the town, the best things about Animal Crossig you can't get with time travel or bells.

yeah this is very true but so tempting :)

I am going to get a 3DS XL for this game anyway so I'll have two towns soon I think I might end up time traveling with one but I am going to fight the urge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom