• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
A newbie question: can someone explain turnips to me? I know its like playing with stocks and I know where to sell them, but I don't know where to buy them! And what is a good buying price?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Just bought a 3DS yesterday along with this game. Got all the day 1 stuff out of the way. Loving it!

I only have one friend so far and would welcome some new ones. Code is 4570-7591-6021.
Added. Friend code is 2578-3128-0643

Anyone want a Midna Mask? Give it away for free if you let me visit!

OneLetter

A newbie question: can someone explain turnips to me? I know its like playing with stocks and I know where to sell them, but I don't know where to buy them! And what is a good buying price?

Joan comes by every Sunday morning from 8AM-Noon. You just have to find her walking around (she's a boar with a big-ass backpack), and then you talk to her to find out details on it.

Good buying price is anything below 100, but the highest I've ever seen was 115, lowest at 90.

Forkball

You buy them from Joan, who appears Sunday morning. A good price is sub-100. You might not make a ton of money from them, but you will eventually make a profit if you keep checking. Honestly I don't really deal with it, I prefer to have the money to use on other stuff, especially in this game considering there's many expensive public works projects.

Also this OST is amazing. Midnight is probably my favorite.

While I'm here, I would like to have either the main Zelda Theme or Mario Bros theme as my anthem. But I really suck at entering it, I don't have a good musical ear. Can someone here help me? (If French gaf know the French notes, It is wonderful)

doodle

I was attempting the exact same thing but had to settle for growing trees, cutting them down and using the stumps as seating. I do not believe that you can turn public works proojects unfortunately.

if someone could tell me how to place a bench facing left or right i would appreciate it so i can continue... got this isabelle waiting and ive had my 3ds in sleep mode for 2 days waiting to figure this out

BizzyBum

If I leave my gate open can people come in when I'm not playing? And it's just people on your friend list that have access, correct?

zroid

Banned
I think so. Damn Nintendo imposing health on me. Actually what the hell do you do for playcoins if you're in a wheelchair?

tumblr_ma3kiobQBD1rpceu1.png

watershed

Banned
Joan comes by every Sunday morning from 8AM-Noon. You just have to find her walking around (she's a boar with a big-ass backpack), and then you talk to her to find out details on it.

Good buying price is anything below 100, but the highest I've ever seen was 115, lowest at 90.

You buy them from Joan, who appears Sunday morning. A good price is sub-100. You might not make a ton of money from them, but you will eventually make a profit if you keep checking. Honestly I don't really deal with it, I prefer to have the money to use on other stuff, especially in this game considering there's many expensive public works projects.

Also this OST is amazing. Midnight is probably my favorite.

Thanks, even with Night Owl ordinance I don't have much time to play so I'm trying to understand all the features of the game and unlock everything but its taking me a while!

Busaiku

Are Fortune Cookies the only way to get stuff like the Master Sword and Mario hats and whatnot?
I really don't wanna spend Play Coins.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Of the six fortune cookies I've gotten so far, I've gotten an S.S. Dolphin, two Yoshi Eggs, a Hero's Hat (Link's hat/hair/ears), and two losing tickets. Two losers and a double on the Yoshi Eggs really sucks. =/

Sol1dus

This might seem a little obsessive but I'm thinking of drawing my town map on a big piece of paper so I can figure out how I want my town to look. I got trees everywhere, making me slightly wealthy every three days. However, I want everything to look uniform.

Of the six fortune cookies I've gotten so far, I've gotten an S.S. Dolphin, two Yoshi Eggs, a Hero's Hat (Link's hat/hair/ears), and two losing tickets. Two losers and a double on the Yoshi Eggs really sucks. =/

Oh wow, I didn't even know you could get losing tickets. All of mine have been legit. Redd's paintings though...all fakes. Even the ones I got from my friend's towns. Good thing I just want to put them on my wall.

Chuckpebble

So I'm guessing XL users don't have a ton of coins. I've actually been pining for an easier way to burn through them. Like a bulk puzzle piece buying option. This game is nice, I can burn through 2 every morning, but the console's still locked at 300 pretty much all the time.

So what price is good for selling turnips? I bought mine for 98 each. I'm thinking of not settling for less than 250.

It's been posted a few times, but you NEED to read this guide. It helps you identify the pattern in the price fluctuation and know when to bail if things go south so you don't take too much of a loss. I have a little grid set up in my notes app where I'm keeping track of the prices.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

Fey

Banned
Tortimer is such a troll. Got all excited to finally visit the island only to be told I have to wait another day.
418290e7.gif

Are Fortune Cookies the only way to get stuff like the Master Sword and Mario hats and whatnot?

Yes. Apart from trading with other players I guess, but they won't be very eager to part with such items if you don't have similar items to trade for. Why don't you want to spend Play Coins? Puzzle Pieces are a massive waste anyway, you hardly get any new ones.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why do you say that?

I'd guess that his logic is, since the 3DS XL is bigger than the regular 3DS, less people walk around with it all day, as it doesn't fit your pockets as easily.

As if people got coins by actually walking with their 3DSes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, finally having a second bridge in my town makes the game 100x more enjoyable. Fuck having to go all the way around to the opposite side of town to get from the beach to Re-Tail.

Roto13

Also, finally having a second bridge in my town makes the game 100x more enjoyable. Fuck having to go all the way around to the opposite side of town to get from the beach to Re-Tail.

The bridge was the only thing I paid attention to when my town was generated. It was right in the center of the town. If it hadn't been, I probably would have reset.

SimonA

Neo Member

I just bought the Mario hat (aka big brother hat) at the clothes store in the main street so I guess the answer is no

Midou

I'd guess that his logic is, since the 3DS XL is bigger than the regular 3DS, less people walk around with it all day, as it doesn't fit your pockets as easily.

As if people got coins by actually walking with their 3DSes.

I have an XL and it fits in my pocket and actually walk around with it. If all steps counted I'd get 70-90 coins each time. :(

I guess they don't want people to cheese it though. One day of 'walking' is enough for 5 days of fortune cookies so it's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom