• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

depths20XX

Anyone get the download item from Best Buy this week yet? Do you actually have to go in the store with your 3DS? Cuz I'd rather just sit in the parking lot...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
how long does it takes to get the town development permit to be done? Isabelle says it'll take one day at least

Razorskin

----- ------
Anyone get the download item from Best Buy this week yet? Do you actually have to go in the store with your 3DS? Cuz I'd rather just sit in the parking lot...

Well if you can get the wifi signal from the parking lot maybe.

And to get it go to the post office in the game and ask for the gift.

tumblr_ma3kiobQBD1rpceu1.png

Hahahaha
What a clever post.

subtles

I was surprised that the wallpaper was locked to whatever design I had in the corresponding slot, and that if I changed the design the wallpaper changed as well. I'm wondering if that would happen with tiles used as a road (flooring)? If I changed the design to a pro shirt, would my roads change as well?

question: does the island have any unique bugs or fish at night?

Is anyone's Able Sisters selling cute dresses/feminine clothing? I wanna collect more outfits and I haven't unlocked the QR thing yet.

s5PHqmq.jpg

nothing great at the able sisters shop at the moment, but this pep squad skirt and lace top were some things i put up in my retail store after buying them recently.

I've been telling people all day yesterday about this and nobody bothered to try it yet.

I would, but alas, no 3DS yet. *shakes fist at post office*

Just changing the SSID to "BestBuy" doesn't seem like nearly enough to get the items unless they are only available during a hardcoded date window.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just changing the SSID to "BestBuy" doesn't seem like nearly enough to get the items unless they are only available during a hardcoded date window.

That's how you access store-specific Nintendo Zones without going to the store.

My guess is that you hit a Nintendo Server and the 3DS tells it what's the SSID it's using to connect. Nintendo then double checks that SSID to a database and see if it's one of their "partner". If it is, it gives you access to the Nintendo Zone. Read all about it here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone

Also, the items are assigned to a date:

June 16th to June 29th – RACCOON WALL-CLOCK
June 30th to July 13th – CAT TOWER
July 14th to July 27th – SUITCASE
July 28th to August 10th – DOUBLE NECK GUITAR

My guess is that you hit a Nintendo Server and the 3DS tells it what's the SSID it's using to connect. Nintendo then double checks that SSID to a database and see if it's one of their "partner". If it is, it gives you access to the Nintendo Zone. Read all about it here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone

Oh okay, didn't even consider it checking with a server, only thing that occurred to me was that the games must have the dates hard coded in. Might have to give that a shot in the morning.

Razorskin

----- ------

I'll try that later and see if it does work, if it works :lol Nintendo.

It's been posted a few times, but you NEED to read this guide. It helps you identify the pattern in the price fluctuation and know when to bail if things go south so you don't take too much of a loss. I have a little grid set up in my notes app where I'm keeping track of the prices.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

That's what friends are for though. Chances are someone will have good prices even if my town gets a shit price pattern.

Sioen

Hey guys and girls, I'm getting this game in a couple of days and could use some friends for this game. If you don't mind may I add you, if you want to add me my fc is 0018-0427-5848

Thanks! :)

Someone who is good at Avatar adjustments, is there a chance someone would be willing to add the creepy animal crossing villager's head to the bottom right of my avvy so it looks like Luigi is scared of him?

Thanks if you can!

Pau

question: does the island have any unique bugs or fish at night?

s5PHqmq.jpg

nothing great at the able sisters shop at the moment, but this pep squad skirt and lace top were some things i put up in my retail store after buying them recently.
May I go to your town and buy them? :)

FC: 2836-0201-5411

Cbajd5

That's how it works for certain Nintendo Zones, but not the Best Buy type. The in store Best Buy Nintendo Zones have a special beacon that works differently. This is controled by the Hotspot.conf file, and if it's not in there the SSID trick won't work. Since the BestBuy spot is listed as not in there, so it won't work.

Yes, I tried changing my SSID to make sure.

Also, my before noon Turnip price is 85 bells.

Nightz

So how do I go back to the shorts that I was wearing when I started the game? I put on the Varia pants and now I can't take them off. I look like Justin Bieber with these pants.

Neiteio

Regarding Play Coins, you can just put your system in sleep mode (closing the device while it's still on) and then vigorously shake it at length. The system will perceive these as "steps." I recall reading interviews where developers at Nintendo admitted to testing the feature in this fashion, lol.

depths20XX

So how do I go back to the shorts that I was wearing when I started the game? I put on the Varia pants and now I can't take them off. I look like Justin Bieber with these pants.

Mine starting shorts just disappeared when I put on new ones. Kinda sucks.

I think those were just placeholder shorts, so when you put on a new pair of any sort of leg-wear they take that place. If you want new shorts you're gonna have to buy some. Learned that the hard way as well.

GJS

You can't, the starting trousers/shorts don't count as a clothing item.

Unless you do that dress thing to remove current trousers I guess. ^

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's how it works for certain Nintendo Zones, but not the Best Buy type. The in store Best Buy Nintendo Zones have a special beacon that works differently. This is controled by the Hotspot.conf file, and if it's not in there the SSID trick won't work. Since the BestBuy spot is listed as not in there, so it won't work.

Yes, I tried changing my SSID to make sure.

Sad if there's really no way to do it then. It shouldn't be too hard to mimic it, as it appears to be mostly AP scans and beacon exchange. Oh well.

Nightz

Apparently you can get them back if you put on a dress, as it will remove your pants.

Someone else will have to confirm this though.

You can't, the starting trousers/shorts don't count as a clothing item.

Unless you do that dress thing to remove current trousers I guess. ^

Oh boy, now I'm gonna have to buy a dress lol. Those are different from the blouses that the Able sisters sell right? I don't think I've seen an actual dress yet.

Pau

yah, sure. FC: 4167 4504 3456

oh, and if you have persimmons, lychees or peaches, feel free to bring some over! haha. i have every other fruit, i think. looking to collect them all.
Added. :) I only have peaches out of those, but of course I'll bring you some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom