• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

Is it sad that despite having played a ton of Wild World and a fair amount of City Folk, I never bought turnips before? I guess it was the price I paid for usually sleeping in on Sundays, typically past noon. Yesterday I was up around 10am, bought my first turnips ever. I went for the gusto and bought 12 bunches at 110 bells a pop.

I'm going to have to check my town when I get out of work tonight and see what they're going for today. North of 110 would be nice, but then that raises the question; do I sell or let it ride? :)

SuperSah

Banned
5912_454015214695219_1611415358_n.jpg

Always tripping today. Any idea why?

Symphonic

Yeah, it's gonna be expensive for quite a while.

I got mine by trading in SML3D and DOA:D at Gamestop. With the 30% bonus for trading toward AC, 10% bonus for being PUR Pro, $5 PUR coupon, and $4.80 credit I had left over, I got the game for 62 cents. :lol

Wait what?? I'd be willing to trade in SML3D and another game.

Robin64

I fucking hate how 018-0512 errors are so random.

Visit a friend's town no problem for the past two days, then today it's just always "018-0512"! Animal Crossing's online is just so awful.

5912_454015214695219_1611415358_n.jpg

Always tripping today. Any idea why?

I'm pretty sure heavy headgear does it as well.
I wasn't tripping before I put on my solid gold Pharaoh Mask but afterwards I was eating dirt left and right.
I can't see what you're wearing, so in your case it might just be the aforementioned bad luck.

zroid

Banned
I went for the gusto and bought 12 bunches at 110 bells a pop.

I'm going to have to check my town when I get out of work tonight and see what they're going for today. North of 110 would be nice, but then that raises the question; do I sell or let it ride? :)

Haha, I believe 110 is the highest possible buying price.

Good luck! :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait what?? I'd be willing to trade in SML3D and another game.

Go for it then. I don't usually advocate trading stuff at GS, but that 30% trade bonus they have going if you trade toward AC (or several other newer games) makes it worth it, especially if you're trading in something that's still worth a decent amount like SML3D.

Roto13

I fucking hate how 018-0512 errors are so random.

Visit a friend's town no problem for the past two days, then today it's just always "018-0512"! Animal Crossing's online is just so awful.

I've never had a disconnect in this game besides that one time I accidentally did something that disables the internet in my apartment for a few seconds for some reason.

MicH

I'm pretty sure heavy headgear does it as well.
I wasn't tripping before I put on my solid gold Pharaoh Mask but afterwards I was eating dirt left and right.
I can't see what you're wearing, so in your case it might just be the aforementioned bad luck.
I'm pretty sure that the Pharaoh mask is cursed or something. I think it's one of the only masks that always makes you trip. At least it was like this in earlier games

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So for everyone calling me evil let it be known that I did find Katie again and I have taken her off somewhere never to be seen again...

tumblr_mojsaxzSHh1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the Pharaoh mask is cursed or something. I think it's one of the only masks that always makes you trip. At least it was like this in earlier games

Ah! Yes, I remember something about that. The hidden "mojo" component of AC games always eludes me.

Symphonic

Go for it then. I don't usually advocate trading stuff at GS, but that 30% trade bonus they have going if you trade toward AC (or several other newer games) makes it worth it, especially if you're trading in something that's still worth a decent amount like SML3D.

How much did you get for it?

Midou

Change your town tune, change your flag, send all your residents letters with wrapped gifts and it should shoot up. Mine went from 33 to 100 after I did all that.

Plus pulling weeds.

Also, I never wrap presents, does it make a difference? When I drag it into the letter it just goes into 'gift' format anyways. I don't like to wrap them because I forget which is which unless I send them right away. :p

Betty

Banned
Also, I never wrap presents, does it make a difference? When I drag it into the letter it just goes into 'gift' format anyways. I don't like to wrap them because I forget which is which unless I send them right away. :p

Someone on here said it did, I don't know if it was true but I did it anyway. As for getting the wrapped presents confused, I just put the gift straight into the letter before moving onto the next.

Roto13

Turnip prices were 80. Now they're 76. If my first time playing the stalk market ends with me losing hundreds of thousands of bells, I'm quitting. :p

Velcro Fly

I sent all my residents letters with fruit (unwrapped), made sure all my weeds were gone, and watered flowers and I went from 38 to 75 overnight. Going to keep talking to them and send them another round of letters with stuff as well as making sure all my flowers are sparkling and all honeycombs are picked up so hopefully I get to 100 tomorrow.

Trees I planted are looking like they will take! Can't decide how much actual work I want to put in to having beautiful fruit orchards. Having foreign fruit is an ok way to make money I guess and it looks good when I'm roaming around town. On the other hand it's probably easier to just fish up sharks or something for bells. Think I may go for a nature motif with my town where I have a lot of fruit trees and maybe some flower gardens too.

magnetic

tumblr_moixsqbPyc1refye5o1_400.jpg

club lol aint messing around

Mine is opening today as well!

Gave that dude that built it an orange, he told a terrible joke and now I can use the "fear" emotion. No idea this was even in the game, very cool! Another sweet feature to collect.

Oh god, only half an hour left, still some chance to think about my proper outfit! I think I´ll wear my angel halo, probably looks really cool in the dark.

Just as I started getting a bit sick of the game, boom, some new things pop up! Really well paced, this game.

Tiktaalik

What's the deal with the sweaty/worried/exhausted look when I exit a building sometimes? Was it because I was running around in the rain without an umbrella?

The game isn't really doing a good job of getting across what this is all about and whether I should care.

Looks like you can log into that i.nintendo.net site with Facebook now.
I was just about to post this.

I probably won't use it even though everyone knows that I am addicted to the game, lol.

What's the deal with the sweaty/worried/exhausted look when I exit a building sometimes? Was it because I was running around in the rain without an umbrella?

The game isn't really doing a good job of getting across what this is all about and whether I should care.
It's the summer, your character is hot in his/her clothes.

Kacho

It boggles my mind just how good New Leaf is. I see myself playing this for months and months. In a week, it has climbed to the number 2 spot on my Activity Log for time played and it's close approaching Pokemon White to take the top spot.

Betty

Banned

I think that happens when you've been playing for a long time.

EDIT: Actually what SuperSah says sounds more likely

SuperSah

Banned
The exhausted look is because it's a hot day and you have long sleeved shirts on.

My mask isn't cursed, Midna mask.

I think it was a bad cookie.

depths20XX

Um, pretty sure it just means it's hot out. Not much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom