• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm just getting into this, my first AC game. House is built and I've been collecting stuff to pay off the loan. That's about it. Not sure what else to start doing.

Labrys

Just so you guys are aware, to the extent of my knowledge there is only one legitimate painting in Redd's tent at one time.
If you're familiar with said artwork or use a guide it's quite easy to get the real one.

You can sometimes buy them on the island for 5 medals each. They sound cheap until you buy like 25 of them. :p

The ones on the island do. I don't know why these wouldn't. Bushes don't need space like trees.

Thanks for the info! I will keep my eye out then.

Just so you guys are aware, to the extent of my knowledge there is only one legitimate painting in Redd's tent at one time.
If you're familiar with said artwork or use a guide it's quite easy to get the real one.

There may only be one legit painting at a time, but last week Redd visited and had both a legit painting and a legit statue.

Kenai

Are the Best Buy items orderable from the catalog?

I'm not sure where the catalog is, I might not have it unlocked.

A lot of the JP exclusive DLC like the 7-11 stuff isn't available on the catalog so if this is NA only it might be the same way. I'll let ya know when I find out for sure though.

Labrys

There may only be one legit painting at a time, but last week Redd visited and had both a legit painting and a legit statue.

Good to know! Like I said I may of been wrong, but this is good info.
My Redd had only fake statues this time, so it may be an either or kind of thing.

nin1000

Banned
BM-yxGpCIAA2JOq.jpg:large

Yay!

how did you get the Triforce on that stump ?!

Oh, and a question to anyone with Japanese friends, do they think they could get me an K.K. album? I'm looking for K.K. Bubblegum or K.K. Moody.

I wear the yellow ones exclusively. Reminds me of P4.

There are yellow ones?!
Ugh.
Maybe I'll see them after work.

I'm just getting into this, my first AC game. House is built and I've been collecting stuff to pay off the loan. That's about it. Not sure what else to start doing.

It's my first one too. I played for about 10 hours on the weekend. I'm in love. Even get to play it with some fellow employees at work.

K' Dash

Well, Cyrus woke up today, he does a thing with furniture, I offered him a fossil and he told me he could make a miniature version if I find all the parts and show them, couldn't do much in my lunch break :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently paintings obtained/bought from neighbors can also be fake.

Fuuuuuck! Wasted 4k on that silly bear neighbor.

zroid

Banned
can gyroids count towards your feng shui?

Well, Cyrus woke up today, he does a thing with furniture, I offered him a fossil and he told me he could make a miniature version if I find all the parts and show them, couldn't do much in my lunch break :(

whoa awesome, looks like I need to start hoarding fossils

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's my first one too. I played for about 10 hours on the weekend. I'm in love. Even get to play it with some fellow employees at work.

I enjoy it overall, I just usually don't play for more than an hour at a time because that's what it takes me to gather stuff, check stores, sell, etc.

Philia

Okay, I've cleaned up the sheet some that has a bunch of duplicate entries as well as erroneous FC entries.

Now, I came back to this thread to inform you all that the blacklist exists for a reason. If you see someone causing havoc on your town IE buying your fortune cookie and take off with it, or buying some other similar valuable item that cannot be replaced, or dig up your items or shake your trees without your permission for their rewards or even running around your gardens with intentions of destroying it, please do let me know. I'll be putting their rows with an Asterisk * of severity (1 being tame unintentionally ill mannered; 2 being mischievous; 3 overly malicious) to serve as a warning.

Please pm me if you have issues with a member. I'll be sure to pm that said member to inform him or her that he/she is going on a warning. If he/she doesn't compensate you within a week, it'll stick. Please be considerate for others and if you're not sure if its worth mentioning, its probably IS for other members. So consider their feelings too.

When you get the chance could you update my in-game name to "Zroid"? Thanks! :D

It is done.

bs000

I got a second pair of Hero's Boots today. Anyone have a different fortune cookie item they want to trade for them?

K' Dash

God damn! Have a crown in my shop, costs 1 million bells :eek:

Yeah, I saw it last saturday night in GAFer shop, wanted it for my GF but only had like 500K :/

Edit: I have an indecent amount of tools if anyone need a fishing rod, net, axe, watering can, shovel, PM me.

Finally got some (3) Gyroids for my house. I put them in the study, AKA the back room that's unfinished save for a fireplace, a stepladder, and a jackhammer. Looks so creepy, huahahaha.

And it's raining again today, which means I'll get even MORE tomorrow!

I've come up with a pretty good idea for my house:

Main room will be the den, nice place for people to hang out and watch TV, thinking of going for either Robo furniture or something nice and sleek. To the right is the kitchen, to the left is the bathroom, complete with shark tank. Upstairs will be my room, which I'm going to deck out all in Kid/Toy furniture. The basement will be the game room, where I store all my Nintendo gifts. The back room will be my study, with a cozy fireplace.

HOWEVER I'm going to cut this room in half with bookshelves or something and the fireplace in the middle, so that I can have a "secret room" in the back where only I will be able to get in. I will hide my Super Sentai gear (just got the helmet today) back there and my Gyroid robot assistant, and I will fight crime in the town of Scrimsha by cover of night.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
HOWEVER I'm going to cut this room in half with bookshelves or something and the fireplace in the middle, so that I can have a "secret room" in the back where only I will be able to get in. I will hide my Super Sentai gear (just got the helmet today) back there and my Gyroid robot assistant, and I will fight crime in the town of Scrimsha by cover of night.

There's sentai gear?

god... dammit

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You guys seem to have a lot more variety in furniture and housing. Do you get to design your additions to your house? Do you eventually get a bunch of new shops? I just got my house.

There's sentai gear?

god... dammit

Yep! I saw the orange pants a while ago but I was like "lol those are stupid" and passed on them. It was only after I saw a completed set that I was like "NOOOO!" but the helmet I got today is blue. As far as I can tell there are at least two colors, orange and blue, but I think I saw a pink helmet in someone's pictures too? It would be awesome if there were 4 colors so that people from different towns could team up.

Labrys

Could you elaborate on this? Exactly how does one find gyroids? I found one on accident but I'm not sure how to actively pursue them.

The day after it rains you'll find gyroids along with fossils in the ground.
It's because gyroids are based of haniwa, statues that were buried with the dead. When it rains, the statues get closer to the surface, and.... there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom