• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to be a goldmine of stupid questions lately, but is there is anyway to give people custom names on either your 3DS Friends List or Animal Crossing once you've befriended them? I'm having a hard time keeping up with who's who. I also don't want to appear rude by forgetting GAF usernames.

I wish. You can't even reorganize the order of your Best Friends list. I stick with Diggeh so people know it's me, but I can understand how having over four Toms on your 3DS Friend List can get confusing.

Chopper

Okay, if my basket on the dock is full of beetles, and I go to someone else's town to offload a pocket full of them, is it safe to say that the basket in their town will be empty? Like, I'll have to go back to my own town to refill my pockets to continue selling them, right?

MicH

Does anyone have the island beetle guide picture that someone made a few days ago? For the life of me, I can't find it :(

Thanks!

Okay, if my basket on the dock is full of beetles, and I go to someone else's town to offload a pocket full of them, is it safe to say that the basket in their town will be empty? Like, I'll have to go back to my own town to refill my pockets to continue selling them, right?
Nope, you have access to the same basket everywhere. Like the lockers at the train station

Roto13

Your basket is omnipresent like your locker.

I wish. You can't even reorganize the order of your Best Friends list. I stick with Diggeh so people know it's me, but I can understand how having over four Toms on your 3DS Friend List can get confusing.

Damn, that's slightly disappointing. Not sure what I expected though. Guess I'll just have to be awkward for a while before I can start putting names to usernames.

Can't forget you though, Diggeh. Too many awesome SwapNotes :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that's slightly disappointing. Not sure what I expected though. Guess I'll just have to be awkward for a while before I can start putting names to usernames.

Can't forget you though, Diggeh. Too many awesome SwapNotes :)

:]

Should hopefully be getting QR Codes unlocked by tomorrow. I made a few new patterns and Pro shirts that you guys are gonna love!

Chopper

Your basket is omnipresent like your locker.
Woah.

Also, I appear to have successfully planted 9 trees in a 3x3 formation...

w2KIY5C.jpg

Am I special? (The top left tree hasn't fully grown yet, but it's there!)

Dicer

Banned
Somebody double check on this, I've been telling people to do this for the past 3 days on this thread and only one person tried, afaik.

Sittin here having a drink...and "ssid: Bestbuy works best with no security it seems?!?! just did it from my phone tether.
tumblr_mokdn3o8JF1sv5uqro1_400.jpg

day 3 and i caught a coelacanth, took me ages in WW. also, is it just stupid dumb luck i'm having, or is the money rock now always the first rock you hit? i'm doubting three nights in a row I could be that lucky, but being the first rock always seems a bit lame.

what happens if I click the home button while visiting a town?

when hosting a big 'no home' symbol flashes briefly to let you know you can't do that right now. maybe the same?

one_kill

Does anyone feel like playing on the island with me? I don't have access to it yet, but I want to catch bugs and fish :D

My FC:
0103 - 9712 - 6861

Hey guys, I'm having some issues. Wonder if anyone can help.

Whenever I leave my gates open for people they almost always get turned away with an error message. I've had this issue with several people and I'm not sure what's causing it. I can visit other people's towns just fine, and people can visit my town over local wifi, but when it comes to people from faraway trying to access my town they're not having any luck.

It's not even consistent. Sometimes I'll have a whole group of people visiting me but more often than not they'll get an error message over and over again. Admittedly my internet connection isn't the best, but it's not awful, either. Does it have something to do with the game's online structure? Am I actually hosting people on my internet connection and that's why it can't handle it? Or is it something easy to fix? Anyone else had this problem?

StayDead

Also Katt just moved into my town:

Choi.jpg

She looks so creepy. I hope she leaves soon.

Oh no you didn't! I thought Choi was a guy at first until she mentioned how she liked doing something with the female pronoun.

She's one of my favourite villagers! <3

Razorskin

----- ------
That's how it works for certain Nintendo Zones, but not the Best Buy type. The in store Best Buy Nintendo Zones have a special beacon that works differently. This is controled by the Hotspot.conf file, and if it's not in there the SSID trick won't work. Since the BestBuy spot is listed as not in there, so it won't work.

Yes, I tried changing my SSID to make sure.

Sorry to say that's not how it works at best buy.

Don't seem to have any luck trying to get the Raccoon Clock in the UK. Changed SSID to Bestbuy and removed encryption and all I get is a connection error.

I'm not too fussed about it, but it would have been nice to get it.

Any other UK/Euro Gaffers having any luck getting the Best Buy items?

Iacobellis

A worker at Best Buy said that the router that handles the NZ "broke", and they're not sure when it's getting fixed. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, Nintendo Zone didn't work at my local BB either. It usually does. I would try this but last time I changed the encryption method (AT&T, 2Wire router), I had to reset the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom