• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the best buy items are able to be ordered from the catalog that I hopefully unlock later this week, I'll be sure to order as many as I can so non-US AC-Gaf can get the items as well.

Cbajd5

Sorry to say that's not how it works at best buy.

dude that post is from hours ago

were you just waiting to say i was wrong

well sorry i didn't try every possible combination of capitalizing the Bs in best and buy

i tried half of them including the one listed on that website

and i'm still getting errors so this solution isn't perfect anyways

So maybe someone won't think I'm lying for absolutely no reason I've named the access point on my phone (A Verizon Galaxy Nexus) "Bestbuy" with no security, the Nintendo Zone icon lights up occasionally, but every time I try to ask about a present I get error code 003-1105 which suggests there's something wrong with the access point. The "attwifi" trick works just fine though.

Edit: Okay I got it working by adding "Bestbuy" to one of my connections in the settings. Still can't use the Nintendo Zone app though, so it's definitely not a perfect replacement like attwifi.

Ok, so here is my town song based on the Game of Thrones theme:

First "A" down from the top -> BLANK -> go down a little to "D" -> BLANK -> go up to "F" -> up to "G" -> up to "A" -> BLANK ->
"D" (same as previous "D") -> up to "F" -> up to "G" -> down to "E" three times -> BLANK.

The three "E"s in a row are to make the note carry for a bit, but it sounds fine just having it short too.

Hey guys, I'm having some issues. Wonder if anyone can help.

Whenever I leave my gates open for people they almost always get turned away with an error message. I've had this issue with several people and I'm not sure what's causing it. I can visit other people's towns just fine, and people can visit my town over local wifi, but when it comes to people from faraway trying to access my town they're not having any luck.

It's not even consistent. Sometimes I'll have a whole group of people visiting me but more often than not they'll get an error message over and over again. Admittedly my internet connection isn't the best, but it's not awful, either. Does it have something to do with the game's online structure? Am I actually hosting people on my internet connection and that's why it can't handle it? Or is it something easy to fix? Anyone else had this problem?

Reposting for a new page...

This software [Animal Crossing] does not support the backup of save data. Well, this is fantastic...has anyone else had any luck backing up their AC data?

Refugio

Turnip prices were 108 and 124 today. Hopefully this leads to a big spike and not just another small one like last week.

Ricky just sold me a fake painting. Just moved into town and I already hate him... jk think he looks kinda cool actually.

Dicer

Banned
That Island jackpot...

I cleared the middle have trees all along the north side (beach trees) but the spawn rate of the beetles is a bit low, it's a pain in the ass esp when the elephant beetle is a scared lil bitch.

Still a nice money maker, but a bit of a slow one right now...maybe someone raking in the bells can screen cap their island so we can see.

Cbajd5

This software [Animal Crossing] does not support the backup of save data. Well, this is fantastic...has anyone else had any luck backing up their AC data?

I've tried and it doesn't work and have seen multiple people say it doesn't work, but you shouldn't trust me since I haven't tried every conceivable way of doing it.

Brick

Quick question for everyone: What is the purpose of donating to the museum? Is it better to sell an item for money, or donate it? Sorry for the newbie question.

Velcro Fly

Quick question for everyone: What is the purpose of donating to the museum? Is it better to sell an item for money, or donate it? Sorry for the newbie question.

I just donate things. I know donating helps unlock things. You can make bells really easily in this game so you should donate things.

It's up to you, filling up the museum is just another side quest for AC, which also has other benefits in the long run i believe this game

Chopper

Ok, so here is my town song based on the Game of Thrones theme:

First "A" down from the top -> BLANK -> go down a little to "D" -> BLANK -> go up to "F" -> up to "G" -> up to "A" -> BLANK ->
"D" (same as previous "D") -> up to "F" -> up to "G" -> down to "E" three times -> BLANK.

The three "E"s in a row are to make the note carry for a bit, but it sounds fine just having it short too.
Nice. Will try that. Thanks.

Had a great night. Finished work, opened a bottle of wine, raped my island for beetles, took them to Zeer0id's town to sell, took home 250,000 bells, paid my house loan, built a bridge, invoked Beautiful ordnance, planted some coconuts. All at around 2 in the morning. I fucking love this game.

But seriously. Persimmons. Does anyone actually have any?!

Velcro Fly

Ugh why is every villager starting to use the same catch phrase? bo peep is what Willow uses and now I've caught Ricky and Samson using it.

Refugio

I cleared the middle have trees all along the north side (beach trees) but the spawn rate of the beetles is a bit low, it's a pain in the ass esp when the elephant beetle is a scared lil bitch.

Still a nice money maker, but a bit of a slow one right now...maybe someone raking in the bells can screen cap their island so we can see.

I saw some guy on club tortimer filling the whole middle with holes. You try that?

Though those holes would only last a day and would be pretty annoying to do every day lol.

Linius

GsnsqIO.jpg

Game of Thrones. Easier than copying text :)

Cbajd5

The best buy thing only gives me errors. With or without encryption. Back to the catalogue option I guess.

I think adding it to my Internet Connection settings fixed it for me. I still can't use the actual Nintendo Zone app, but I got the clock.

I have a japanese 3DS and the Bestbuy SSID gives me an error. I wonder if the SSID 7SPOT gives errors to you guys. Here is a list of their special items: http://7spot-info.jp/doubutsunomori/index.php

I'll try it, but I doubt it'll work.

Result: It didn't work for me. Got the response you get when you try to get a present you already have.

also i died from a tarantula bite

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Japan gets to have a 7-11 inside their homes? Lucky.

I actually didn't realize the rainbow stag was so rare when I first found it. When a villager offered me 10k for it, I though he was over paying, and later found out it was exactly what its worth. Glad I found anther for the Museum.

Linius

I think adding it to my Internet Connection settings fixed it for me. I still can't use the actual Nintendo Zone app, but I got the clock.

I'll try it, but I doubt it'll work.

I did add Bestbuy as a new connection in the settings and tryed it with encryption on and off. No luck how ever.

Now I hope someone will let me cataloge it. It's a really nice clock :D

For those having trouble getting the Raccoon Clock. I was able to grab it by removing the other internet connections on my 3DS. Also there's no need to open the Nintendo Zone app, as soon as that icon glows blue. You should be able to grab the clock in Animal Crossing.

For those having trouble getting the Raccoon Clock. I was able to grab it by removing the other internet connections on my 3DS. Also there's no need to open the Nintendo Zone app, as soon as that icon glows blue. You should be able to grab the clock in Animal Crossing.

Hmm, maybe I should try again. All I got was a connection error - Maybe it recognises I'm outside North America?

Busaiku

Holy crap.
2 Golden Stags...

I wonder if I should save 1 for the Bugoff, or just sell it.
I've already got plenty of bugs that'd probably win it.

zroid

Banned
hmmm Cookie's birthday tomorrow... what to give her

lol, she told me she wanted to be a popstar, maybe this mic stand I put on the flea market would do the trick

Just did the Bestbuy trick and yes, it works, If you try accessing the Nintendo Zone app, you'll get errors but still, make sure you have no other connections that you're able to connect to(what I did was just delete my other ones and simply have only the Bestbuy connection from my phone, tethered be the only option) and it worked like a charm. I think people aren't realizing that you have to make sure you're connecting to the actual connection you're creating.

Edit(You should know it works if you hover over the animal crossing logo on your 3ds home screen and see the spot pass icon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom